When will I2 compass sensibility be fixed?
981 10 2020-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Coyut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2559222 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Since .300 firmware the I2 wants almost every time a compass calibration.
A problem that has been knwon since a long time now.

We work a lot in cities where doing a calibration is never a good a idea due of a lot of interference. Or we would risk problems once we are up in the air.
On every location we need to find or build a spot where the I2 will startup without a compass error.
This is not the way we can work with big film crews, TV productions or big TV/Cinema add production.

We heard that this issue should be fixed in the next firmware release. Seems to be fixed in the .400 factory firmware for newer birds.
So come on... .300 was released 2018.11.16. That was 1 1/2 year ago..

2020-6-2
Use props
Ground Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1539337 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I solved the compass problem with the .400 on me
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 588&pid=2160544
2020-6-2
Use props
Coyut
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

I've seen that thread. But do not like to install unsupported firmware on our productive birds.
2020-6-2
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Interesting indeed. All your Inspires are exhibiting the same compass issue with .0300 firmware?
2020-6-2
Use props
Coyut
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 6-2 19:28
Interesting indeed. All your Inspires are exhibiting the same compass issue with .0300 firmware?

Yes and I know off atleast 3 other ones from my colleagues.
2020-6-2
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Coyut Posted at 6-2 22:23
Yes and I know off atleast 3 other ones from my colleagues.

Hmm, this can be related to hardware issue of a particular batch as well. None of my 2 yrs old Inspire's is demanding frequent compass calibration. In fact I did it once after .0300 update and forgot about it ...
2020-6-3
Use props
Coyut
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 6-3 10:57
Hmm, this can be related to hardware issue of a particular batch as well. None of my 2 yrs old Inspire's is demanding frequent compass calibration. In fact I did it once after .0300 update and forgot about it ...

Do you fly downtown or just in open areas?
I doubt your idea of a specific batch as these were bought in different times in the last 3+ years
2020-6-3
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Coyut Posted at 6-3 11:51
Do you fly downtown or just in open areas?
I doubt your idea of a specific batch as these were bought in different times in the last 3+ years

I'm flying everywhere. Radio polluted, magnetically complex downtown/industrial areas ... Or completely off the grid, remote wilderness (yes, we have such places in North America!). The only compass related issue I had once was in presence of marine radar on a tug boat. Inspire entered Atti mode, I run away and everything was OK since. The issue is reported occasionally indeed, but it doesn't seem to be notorious or related to .0300 FW in particular. I firmly believe it's related to a variables within compass module itself, which may - or may not - fall within very loose QC rigors of DJI manufacturing. After all, Inspire 2 is intentionally very affordable ...
2020-6-3
Use props
Coyut
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 6-3 13:02
I'm flying everywhere. Radio polluted, magnetically complex downtown/industrial areas ... Or completely off the grid, remote wilderness (yes, we have such places in North America!). The only compass related issue I had once was in presence of marine radar on a tug boat. Inspire entered Atti mode, I run away and everything was OK since. The issue is reported occasionally indeed, but it doesn't seem to be notorious or related to .0300 FW in particular. I firmly believe it's related to a variables within compass module itself, which may - or may not - fall within very loose QC rigors of DJI manufacturing. After all, Inspire 2 is intentionally very affordable ...

Strange, as every I2 I personally know of has  this issue.
Affordable.. Yes it is. How ever a production ready setup still cost $20'000+ here in Switzerland.
And one is like having none in high quality productions.
So dji should still care about it. .300 is out over 1 1/2 years with still very many bugs that are awefull in a productive enviroment. We have reported them many times trough our contacts at dji.
2020-6-3
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Coyut Posted at 6-3 21:57
Strange, as every I2 I personally know of has  this issue.
Affordable.. Yes it is. How ever a production ready setup still cost $20'000+ here in Switzerland.
And one is like having none in high quality productions.

I'm running empty on ideas how to explain this phenomenon. However, I'm almost 100% sure that your question will remain unanswered ...
2020-6-3
Use props
PH3KS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39537 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

See PM in your inbox
2020-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now