Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Go app insists on quiz, but errors
1340 6 2020-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TheBoy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22449282 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Reposting, seeing as my original thread was hidden for some reason, and attempts to get moderators to unhide have gone unanswered.

Hi,
For the past few days, my
Mavic 2 Zoom
has been pestering to take a mandatory quiz (why? We have laws in the UK about flying, and already have to take safety tests).

Any attempt to take the quiz gives a white screen, with just "Error" at the top, and an Exit button top left. Nothing else. Network connectivity is good, and I've tried multiple Wifi and cellular conenctions.

I have now run out of attempts, so as soon as the
Mavic 2
app connects to the
Mavic 2
, I am forced to take the quiz, which obviously I can't.

I have uninstalled the app, including removing all the data, rebooted the iOS device with the app removed, reinstalled the app, but its still the same. Tried both my iPhone and iPad.

What do I do?  I see from the forums this seems to have been an ongoing issue for at least 2 years, on and off, but I can't find any post offering a solution.

Versions:
iOS devices: iPhone 6S iOS 13.5.1 dark mode enabled/disabled, iPad Air 2 PadOS 13.5.1 dark mode enabled/disabled
Go App: iOS version 4.3.37  (cant say for certain, but this quiz might have started popping up with last update, the timings are certainly close)
Mavic 2 Zoom F/W: 1.00.0510
Controller F/W: 1.00.0510

I should probably point out, that looking at other threads from a year or 2 ago, they give a URL with djicdn.com in the error message (which I dont see on mine, just "Error"), which leads me to guess the quiz is hosted on a Content Delivery Network somewhere (actually, the IP it resolves to from my location is Amazon Web Services).  Hence it might be worth stating I am UK based.

2020-6-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, I am sorry for the trouble you had encountered. Could you please provide a screenshot of the quiz pop up message?
May I confirm when did you purchase the drone and did it happen suddenly? Please also try to go outdoors and grab the GPS signal and check again.

2020-6-3
Use props
TheBoy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 6-3 00:54
Hi, I am sorry for the trouble you had encountered. As far as I know, only in the US, the quiz is mandatory. Could you please provide a screenshot of the quiz pop up message?
May I confirm when did you purchase the drone and did it happen suddenly? Please also try to go outdoors and grab the GPS signal and check again.
If you have tried to change different mobile device, refreshing the firmware via DJI Assistant 2 and change the network connection but the issue persists, you may send the drone for diagnosis https://repair.dji.com/repair/index.

It was bought in the UK, from a reputable UK seller.  It has been working flawlessly for over a month.  As said in my original post, the timing of this quiz pop-up is around the same time as the latest iOS update a week or so ago, but I can't be 100% sure.

Its very clearly not a fault with the Mavic 2 Zoom, as it knows exactly where it is. It is very clearly a problem with the Go 4 app.

Pictures as requested...

Thanks for any guidance
2020-6-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

TheBoy Posted at 6-3 02:33
It was bought in the UK, from a reputable UK seller.  It has been working flawlessly for over a month.  As said in my original post, the timing of this quiz pop-up is around the same time as the latest iOS update a week or so ago, but I can't be 100% sure.

Its very clearly not a fault with the Mavic 2 Zoom, as it knows exactly where it is. It is very clearly a problem with the Go 4 app.

Thank you for getting back with the screenshot. Could you please help to export the log of the app from your iPhone or iPad so I can forward this to our engineers to double-check?
Please connect the device to iTunes, go to files share and export the logs in this folder: /DJI/dji.go.v4/LOG.
You can upload the logs to Dropbox or Google Drive and paste the link here. At the same time, please restart the drone and app, do not enable VPN, and use the cellular and try again. Thank you very much, look forward to hearing back from you.
2020-6-3
Use props
TheBoy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 6-3 22:23
Thank you for getting back with the screenshot. Could you please help to export the log of the app from your iPhone or iPad so I can forward this to our engineers to double-check?
Please connect the device to iTunes, go to files share and export the logs in this folder: /DJI/dji.go.v4/LOG.
You can upload the logs to Dropbox or Google Drive and paste the link here. At the same time, please restart the drone and app, do not enable VPN, and use the cellular and try again. Thank you very much, look forward to hearing back from you.

Apologies for delay, due to space issues, and to be certain that nothing else is impacting it, I have factory reset the iPad Air 2 and just installed the 2 DJI apps I use - DJI Go 4 for the Mavic 2 and DJI Fly for the Mini.

Additionally, due to the bad weather we are currently having here, I have had to do this test indoors, but I am getting a usable GPS signal, so hope that has no impact.

The Log location you specified is not what is shown in my iTunes, so The link is for the contents of DJI Go 4/Logs/ - let me know if its not whats required.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a5qjt6ivtmfzy6y/Logs.rar?dl=0
2020-6-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

TheBoy Posted at 6-6 06:47
Apologies for delay, due to space issues, and to be certain that nothing else is impacting it, I have factory reset the iPad Air 2 and just installed the 2 DJI apps I use - DJI Go 4 for the Mavic 2 and DJI Fly for the Mini.

Additionally, due to the bad weather we are currently having here, I have had to do this test indoors, but I am getting a usable GPS signal, so hope that has no impact.

Thank you very much for the logs, I will forward them to the engineers to check them. If I have replies from them, I will keep you updated.
2020-6-7
Use props
geetaparmar
New

India

Jruma App (available for IOS and Android) is a multiplayer-game themed quiz app, featuring mcqs to practice any school, undergraduate, graduate, post graduate, competition exam, entrance exam level syllabus.
jruma[Dot]com
2021-10-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules