What has happened whilst I have been away?
857 12 2020-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
embayweather
Second Officer
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

I went out to fly my 3 Pro yesterday, the first time in weeks because of you know what. Battery 1 went fine, battery 2 a different situatioin altogther. Bringing the aircraft into land on my very obvious landing pad with a large letter H on it i find a man, wife and a baby in a pram were aboout to walk across it. Gain height quickly move away and be thankful I have enough battery power left to do it.  Instead of using the road they deliberately came off the road and wlaked into my landing aircraft. OK these things can happen. Battery 3 in props running, ding final checks before flight. Someone elese does exactly the same thing . Thankfully I had seen them come from behind me and walk towards a running aircraft. Does the you kow what affect your brain as well?

2020-6-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

So far never happened to me (thankfully).
Good thing you noticed on time....
2020-6-2
Use props
Mr. Strat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4542854 ft
United States

Sadly, the world is full of stupid people.
2020-6-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sounds like you need to find somewhere else to fly thats 50m away from people outside your control.
2020-6-3
Use props
embayweather
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 6-3 00:55
Sounds like you need to find somewhere else to fly thats 50m away from people outside your control.

There is nowhere of compatable size of around several square miles anywhere nearby. A normal day finds around half a dozen people in that space, as it was on that day. Sadly these people decided to cross into the flight area, despite notices and other warnings.
2020-6-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

embayweather Posted at 6-3 03:36
There is nowhere of compatable size of around several square miles anywhere nearby. A normal day finds around half a dozen people in that space, as it was on that day. Sadly these people decided to cross into the flight area, despite notices and other warnings.

I believe our drone code would suggest that you don't fly there then.
2020-6-4
Use props
PowerBand1
lvl.3

Australia

Mr. Strat Posted at 6-2 18:13
Sadly, the world is full of stupid people.

i hate when people come up to you while flying your drone and start asking questions.
2020-6-4
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
Luxembourg

You need...
This and this

2020-6-4
Use props
embayweather
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Thank you Bashy for those links. I have been using those sort of things for years, pretty much since I did my PfCo. People move them, cut the tape whatever. thats why I am so surprised at what these people are doing. I think it is perhaps gettng time to give up, especially with the new regs coming and my condition worsening, let alone what seems to a continuous sea breeze here at my location at the mo.
2020-6-5
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
Luxembourg

Theres more new regs coming?
2020-6-6
Use props
embayweather
Second Officer
United Kingdom

i suspect there is Bashy, although the 'new' ones have been put on hold until the end of the year now. Currently the new ones are proposing transponders on every drone and model aircraft to alert full sized aircraft as t your position, heading etc, Then of course lights on the aircraft too. All of which makes me think its time to give up as the costs will be beyond me.
2020-6-7
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1178793 ft
Australia

As the old saying goes "They walk amongst us"
Do you think they were just dumb or testing your limits ?
2020-6-8
Use props
embayweather
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Neither. arrogance comes to mind. When mothers deliver their children to school in the morning in our village their driving is like Cruella De Ville from the cartoon 101 Dalmations. No care in the world for anyone else except themselves. Its pretty typical of those around here. Not to worry, as I say I thinking of giving up anyway. I do not nee the stress. It used to be relaxing flying these craft, not any more.
2020-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules