Mavic 2 pro firmware update issue! please help
9154 31 2020-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanuni
lvl.1

Israel

hello,

I have Mavic 2 pro and i have a firmware update problem.

I can't update my firmware. I tried everything and keep getting errors.

(*) when im using Dji Assistant 2 the update stop at 22% and I get error (Undefined 0x02)

(*) when im using Dji go4 the update stop at 42% and I get error (Failed to Upgrade Error code (0x02810c))

nothing helps. Change computer, change phone, delete, install, clear cache... nothing..

anyone can help? anyone know what the error codes means?

2.jpg 1.jpg

2020-6-2
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Whenever I have this problem, I just use my phone and use the cellular data
to download the update. So just turn off the Wifi and make sure that no other
apps are not running. Good luck.
2020-6-2
Use props
KDP +
Second Officer
Flight distance : 947930 ft
Belgium

Did you also remove all memory cards ?  If not, this could also result in some fault messages...
2020-6-2
Use props
fanuni
lvl.1

Israel

Woe Posted at 6-2 05:59
Whenever I have this problem, I just use my phone and use the cellular data
to download the update. So just turn off the Wifi and make sure that no other
apps are not running. Good luck.

i just tried it.. not working :/
2020-6-2
Use props
fanuni
lvl.1

Israel

KDP + Posted at 6-2 06:28
Did you also remove all memory cards ?  If not, this could also result in some fault messages...

yes. still not working.

strange thing is I cant find information about this error on the internet..
2020-6-2
Use props
KDP +
Second Officer
Flight distance : 947930 ft
Belgium

fanuni Posted at 6-2 10:29
yes. still not working.

strange thing is I cant find information about this error on the internet..

Let us hope that somebody from DJI picks this up and has some further ideas..  
2020-6-2
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Belgium

Do you have the latest version of the DJI Assistent ?
v2.0.12  if not install it from the DJI website https://www.dji.com/be/downloads ... ant-dji-2-for-mavic

Also, see that you have a full battery on the drone.
2020-6-2
Use props
fanuni
lvl.1

Israel

JohnDG Posted at 6-2 12:00
v2.0.12  if not install it from the DJI website https://www.dji.com/be/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2-for-mavic

unfortunately it's not working. on the 2.0.12 v it's stuck on 22% and the drone keep restarting in a loop (over 30 min')..
i'm updating with full  battery  
2020-6-2
Use props
fanuni
lvl.1

Israel

JohnDG Posted at 6-2 12:00
v2.0.12  if not install it from the DJI website https://www.dji.com/be/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2-for-mavic

now it's even worse. because its stuck at 22% it corrupt the current version and now the drone without a version at all.
it's not able to install the older version as well, so basically now it's even can't fly
2020-6-2
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Belgium

fanuni Posted at 6-2 13:28
now it's even worse. because its stuck at 22% it corrupt the current version and now the drone without a version at all.
it's not able to install the older version as well, so basically now it's even can't fly

Disconnect any cable from the drone. Try to take out the battery for a couple of minutes, then try to start it up again. If you can, try another battery.
Open the DJI Assistent 2. Connect the drone with the USB cable to your pc. Does it recognise it ?  Can you install the firmware ?
2020-6-2
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13438648 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Maybe try another PC if you have one and connect it to the router via the LAN cable and avoid using wifi.
2020-6-3
Use props
fanuni
lvl.1

Israel

JohnDG Posted at 6-2 23:52
Disconnect any cable from the drone. Try to take out the battery for a couple of minutes, then try to start it up again. If you can, try another battery.
Open the DJI Assistent 2. Connect the drone with the USB cable to your pc. Does it recognise it ?  Can you install the firmware ?

yes, it's recognized but the installation still fails..
2020-6-3
Use props
fanuni
lvl.1

Israel

Suren Posted at 6-3 00:07
Maybe try another PC if you have one and connect it to the router via the LAN cable and avoid using wifi.

I tried it.. not workink :/
2020-6-3
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Belgium

fanuni Posted at 6-3 01:12
I tried it.. not workink :/

In what phase does it fail? Is assist 2 still downloading from internet or is it already uploading to your drone?
2020-6-3
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13438648 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

JohnDG Posted at 6-3 09:07
In what phase does it fail? Is assist 2 still downloading from internet or is it already uploading to your drone?

It looks like its failing on the drone update itself
2020-6-3
Use props
raven swe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 517936 ft
Sweden

if your using usb3 use usb 2 instead, quite a few people had problems with usb3, me included, worked fine in the end using usb2
2020-6-3
Use props
fanuni
lvl.1

Israel

JohnDG Posted at 6-3 09:07

Already updating and fail somewhere on the way
2020-6-3
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Belgium

fanuni Posted at 6-3 11:55
Already updating and fail somewhere on the way

Raven has a good point too. Try using a Usb 2 port instead of a usb3. It could be the usb port on your pc that is causing the problem.
2020-6-3
Use props
aleksandar069
lvl.1
Flight distance : 134672 ft
Montenegro

Did anyone had a chance to resolve this?
I am facing the same issue, except that the drone can fly, but I cannot control the focus, and the aperture is stuck at 2.8
2021-1-1
Use props
aleksandar069
lvl.1
Flight distance : 134672 ft
Montenegro

Anyone?
I am stuck at 22% when trying to refresh the firmware. The drone just restarts and all the same.
2021-1-4
Use props
fizzbang
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1747566 ft
United Kingdom

I don’t have any advice. I just have the exact same issues as aleksndar and funini.I have 4 Mavic 2 pro drones.
Three have updated painlessly from V001.00.0670 to V001.00.0770 so I know I am using the correct cables updated batteries etc.
but one drone consistently says that it has inconsistent firmware and will not reinstall V001.00.0670 or update to V001.00.0770.
If I try to update to 0770 the update phase halts at 22% and the update fails.
If I try to reinstall the 0670 version to address the inconsistent firmware issue the update phase pauses a 44% and continues to 93% to 95% back to 93% 95% Fail and close at 95%..
Open in Go4App get the inconsistent firmware message, Update or cancel. Update progresses as before 44% etc. Cancel and go to flight mode says firmware is the latest firmware. The drone will fly but there is some lack of camera function and gimbal control in flight.
Anyone have any advice on a way forward?Have tried
  • Assistant 2 for Mavic on; windows 10 i9 PC; Old windows 10 Laptop
  • USB 2.0
  • USB 3.0
  • Go4App on Ipad mini 4.0; On iPhone 9
  • every conceivable cable connect/combination.
Have sent reports but have not had any replies yet.

2021-4-29
Use props
NightThunder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106020 ft
United States

JohnDG Posted at 2020-6-3 13:10
Raven has a good point too. Try using a Usb 2 port instead of a usb3. It could be the usb port on your pc that is causing the problem.

Hmmm. I can relate to this problem. I have a wireless mouse and keyboard my Logitech that was misbehaving with the USB dongle connected directly to a new computer that had both 2.0 and 3.0 USB ports. Previous computer only had 2.0. Keyboard and muse were flakey on the latter and solid on the former. An internet search suggested that the higher frequencies of 3.0 interfered with some 2.0 dongles and the solution was to at an extended USB cable. Worked great!

Not saying this is a solution, but I need to upgrade my M2P. If I have the time, (no promises) I will attempt to create the same failure and find a solution.

2021-4-29
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Malaysia

NightThunder Posted at 4-29 19:03
Hmmm. I can relate to this problem. I have a wireless mouse and keyboard my Logitech that was misbehaving with the USB dongle connected directly to a new computer that had both 2.0 and 3.0 USB ports. Previous computer only had 2.0. Keyboard and muse were flakey on the latter and solid on the former. An internet search suggested that the higher frequencies of 3.0 interfered with some 2.0 dongles and the solution was to at an extended USB cable. Worked great!

Not saying this is a solution, but I need to upgrade my M2P. If I have the time, (no promises) I will attempt to create the same failure and find a solution.

Correct. Pluging in a USB 2.0 extension cable might solve the USB 3.0 outlet problem. I have to use an extension with one of my USB 3.0 sticks or plug it into one of the USB 2 outlets of my pc to have it working. Using a USB 3.0 hub sometimes helps to overcome the problem too.

There is a lot of difference in USB outlets. It isn't always the device you plug in, but the socket on your pc itself causes incompatibility with some devices.
2021-4-29
Use props
fizzbang
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I gave up for a while. I saw  a post where someone downloaded the mavic Air Version of Assistant 2 and was able to use that to install on a phantom 4.
I gave it a try for my Mavic 2 pro but was unsuccessful.
I was able to run the factory reset which is not available in the Assistant 2 for Mavic.
Tried again with Assistant 2 for Mavic to update to 01.00.0770 but update stops at 22% Then I tried with an iPad running the Go4App and it stops at 22%.  Good news is that the incompatible firmware message has disappeared.
I will try lots of cable computer and USB port combinations with SD card in and out.
Need to charge up the batteries again.
The saga for this Mavic continues. Three others updated with no issue.
Update 13/05/21 tried all combinations still update stops 24%. And the inconsistent firmware message is back. If you try to update in response to the inconsistent firmware message there is a quick update which stops and fails at 78%.
Sent reports but no response from dji.
I will charge the batteries again for about the tenth time just updating the firmware. I am going the follow my own advice from another post in a vain hope that it works. I will update this post if it works.
My crazy idea was to update another drone then remove the SD card and place it in this drone. Tried it but it made no difference still stalls at 22%. The other drone refreshes easily.

2021-5-11
Use props
fizzbang
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I did it I have managed to update the firmware!!!!
After months of getting nowhere I decided it was time to disassemble this drone and see what is going on.
I removed the SD card and then removed the camera(six 1.5 hex screws and disconnect the ribbon cable), took the camera off completely. My intension was to then remove the bottom plate but.
I thought ah well I will try an update without the camera, just the drone body connected to the PC. So I set up the drone and started 'Assistant 2 for Mavic' on a windows 10 PC. The drone was recognised even without the camera.
The Firmware page started with the now familiar there is an inconsistent firmware between some modules. So I ran the update thinking it would refresh the V01.00.0670 firmware.
V01.00.0670 was refreshed successfully but when the update finished at 100% and it returned to the Firmware Update window the menu was now showing the current version of firmware to be V01.00.0770.

Just to make sure I put the camera back on the drone and used the GO4App.
The app states that the latest firmware V01.00.0770 is now installed and everything is fine(GO FLY). Just to make sure I ran a Gimbal calibration.

So the solution to pass the firmware fail at 22% seems to be to remove the camera Update and then reattach the camera.

With the camera reattached the inconsistent firmware message is back again. Attempts to refresh the firmware to V01.00.0770 fails at 22%.  Attempts to address the inconsistent firmware issue fails at 95%. All is still not well!
2021-5-15
Use props
fizzbang
lvl.2
United Kingdom

In my last post it seemed that I was almost back at square one.
One drone consistently says that it has inconsistent firmware and will not reinstall V001.00.0670 or update to V001.00.0770.
If I try to update to V001.00.0770 the update phase halts at 22% and the update fails.
If I try to reinstall the 0670 version to address the inconsistent firmware issue the update phase pauses a 44% and continues to 93% to 95% back to 93% 95% Fail and close at 95%..
Open in Go4App get the inconsistent firmware message, Update or cancel. Update progresses as before 44% etc. Cancel and go to flight mode says firmware is the latest firmware. The drone will fly but there is some lack of camera function and gimbal control in flight.

RESOLVED.
Connect the controller via the side USB port to the computer with Assistant 2 for Mavic installed. Do not switch the controller on.
Connect the drone (with a fully charged battery), via the side USB port to a separate USB port on the computer with Assistant 2 for Mavic installed. Do not switch the drone on.

Start 'Assistant 2 for Mavic'. Switch on the RC Controller.
Use 'Assistant 2 for Mavic' to update the controller to the latest firmware. (Download; Transmit; Update; 100% success). Leave the controller on and connected by the cable to the computer.
Go back to the start page and switch on the drone.
The drone and the controller icons should now be seen on the start page. (both switched on and connected by separate cables to the computer.)

Click on the drone icon. On the Firmware page an 'Inconsistent firmware found between some modules' error message will probably appear.  Continue with the update to resolve the issue. This proceeds quicker than the firmware refresh and probably fails at 95%. Go back to the Start page. (Controller and Drone both on and connected to the computer).
Try the Drone icon again and this time on the firmware update page try an update/refresh to the latest version. (Download; Transmit; Update;) and probably fails again at 88% or 95%.
Back to the start page  (Controller and Drone both on and connected to the computer). This time Update the Controller Firmware again to the latest version.
Back to the start page  (Controller and Drone both on and connected to the computer). click on the drone icon and you may get a message about the no fly zones being out of date. Update the no fly zones.
Back to the start page  (Controller and Drone both on and connected to the computer). click on the drone icon and if you get the 'Inconsistent firmware found between some modules' error message click on the update option. With luck the update will end un success and a green tick.
Just to make sure.
Back to the start page  (Controller and Drone both on and connected to the computer). click on the drone icon and go for an update/refresh to the latest version.

In short. Connect both the drone and controller to the PC doing the update. Switch on and update the controller first.
Switch on the drone. Leave both the drone and controller switched on and connected to the PC at all times. Update the drone second.
Update the controller again and then update the drone. Any error messages go with the update option.

Well I was stuck in a never ending loop trying to update just the drone and controller separately. This both switched on and connected method has worked for me.

2021-6-2
Use props
Silvana
New
Flight distance : 178996 ft
Bulgaria

fizzbang Posted at 6-2 09:23
In my last post it seemed that I was almost back at square one.
One drone consistently says that it has inconsistent firmware and will not reinstall V001.00.0670 or update to V001.00.0770.
If I try to update to V001.00.0770 the update phase halts at 22% and the update fails.

Thank you very much! Both updated flawlessly.
2021-9-26
Use props
fizzbang
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Update on the above.
If the process freezes at (100% Transmit) swith the controller off and Update will/should proceed.
2021-9-29
Use props
djiuser_C6wwC375hQTx
New

South Korea

fizzbang Posted at 2021-6-2 09:23
In my last post it seemed that I was almost back at square one.

This method helped me to escape the serious situation for a long time out.
Highly appreciation to the fizzbang!
2022-2-12
Use props
Andytom698
lvl.2
Flight distance : 112516 ft
  • >>>
Italy

for same problem i have use original cable type c and resolved
2022-2-14
Use props
djiuser_Fx6FZwrKUZ5j
New

United States

aleksandar069 Posted at 2021-1-1 10:17
Did anyone had a chance to resolve this?
I am facing the same issue, except that the drone can fly, but I cannot control the focus, and the aperture is stuck at 2.8

USB 2 port fixed the issue for me.
2023-5-17
Use props
djiuser_Fx6FZwrKUZ5j
New

United States

djiuser_C6wwC375hQTx Posted at 2022-2-12 04:19
This method helped me to escape the serious situation for a long time out.
Highly appreciation to the fizzbang!

USB 2 port fixed this issue for me.
2023-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules