2462 14 2020-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJIMNYD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 390564 ft
Malaysia

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for advice how to keep battery in good condition while AC idle for about 1 month or maybe more.
1. Should I keep the battery in AC or remove it.
2. Do I need to full charged the batteries before store them?
3. From time to time do I need to check battery level and charge them to certain level?
Thanks.

2020-6-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Batteries are best stored at around 50% charge,  if the battery is above that it will auto discharge to that after about a week as long as you don't press the battery button.
2020-6-3
Use props
DJIMNYD
lvl.4
Malaysia

DAFlys Posted at 6-3 02:03
Batteries are best stored at around 50% charge,  if the battery is above that it will auto discharge to that after about a week as long as you don't press the battery button.

If I keep 50%, it will not discharge? Sorry for silly question.
2020-6-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJIMNYD Posted at 6-3 16:28
If I keep 50%, it will not discharge? Sorry for silly question.

It will drop more after some time so best to check them from time to time.
2020-6-4
Use props
Heiwhite
lvl.1

United States

Battery manufacturers say that by 20% that a phone battery's capacity will deteriorate after about 400 cycles. It will only be able to save 80 percent of the energy it did originally and will continue to degrade with cost cycles. The fact is that mobile batteries probably degrade quicker than that. One site asserts that 20% degradation point is reached by some telephones . And just to be clear, the phone battery doesn't stop degrading after 400 cycles. That 400 cycles / 20% figure is to give you a good notion of the speed of decay. Some tips here https://www.all-for-skin-beauty.com/ on Skin Beauty Instrument Manufacture
2020-8-1
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Heiwhite Posted at 8-1 21:01
Battery manufacturers say that by 20% that a phone battery's capacity will deteriorate after about 400 cycles. It will only be able to save 80 percent of the energy it did originally and will continue to degrade with cost cycles. The fact is that mobile batteries probably degrade quicker than that. One site asserts that 20% degradation point is reached by some telephones . And just to be clear, the phone battery doesn't stop degrading after 400 cycles. That 400 cycles / 20% figure is to give you a good notion of the speed of decay. Some tips here https://www.all-for-skin-beauty.com/ on Skin Beauty Instrument Manufacture

Whats a mobile phone battery or skin beauty treatment got to do with anything connected to this thread? Of all the forums to spam in the world you've picked the worst for what you are marketing!
2020-8-4
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

1. It's OK to leave in the AC for a short period but I would not store a battery in the drone for more than a few days.
2. No. The battery will only discharge itself to around 60% after a few days anyway and get warm whilst doing so. It's best to recharge the battery to 50% then take it off the charger and store it so you don't need to rely on the auto discharge. You'll know it's reached 50% when the third LED begins flashing. Only fully recharge within 24 hours of when you intend to fly next.
3. Always good to check the battery from time-to-time for signs of swelling etc but if at 50% when placed into storage there will be no need to recharge them as they won't rapidly discharge from that level. It is however advisable to fully recharge and discharge the battery (by flying the drone) at least once every three months, though I suggest monthly. Always try to avoid placing a battery into storage on 100% and be sure to store it in a cool, dry place as close to room temperature as possible.  
2020-8-4
Use props
grepow
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Here are some answers to your questions.

1. If you do not use the battery for more than 10 days, please discharge the battery to 40-65% of its capacity for storage and do not store the battery when it has been completely discharged.
2. If the battery is severely undercharged and remains idle for too long, the battery will go into deep sleep mode and needs to be recharged if the battery needs to be woken up from deep sleep.
3. If you need to store the battery for a long time, you should take it out of the drone.
4.Check the capacity every 1~3 months.

For more info about battery, please click Grepow https://www.grepow.com/.
2020-10-26
Use props
Equis
lvl.1
United States

grepow Posted at 10-26 01:56
Here are some answers to your questions.

1. If you do not use the battery for more than 10 days, please discharge the battery to 40-65% of its capacity for storage and do not store the battery when it has been completely discharged.

Thanks for the info.
2020-12-2
Use props
J.Camilo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 93136 ft
Portugal

A J Posted at 8-4 09:46
Whats a mobile phone battery or skin beauty treatment got to do with anything connected to this thread? Of all the forums to spam in the world you've picked the worst for what you are marketing!

Without having to be a defense lawyer for Heiwhite, what she said makes perfect sense, whether it be a cell phone, car, or boat, they are batteries of the same type, therefore with the same characteristics. 'A little open-minded and everything fits'
2020-12-7
Use props
J.Camilo
lvl.1
Portugal

What do you mean AC ?, for me AC is the symbol of alternating current.
1- if you are talking about AC as a power outlet, you should never leave the battery. Once charged, unplug it.
2- Load up to about 50% and store.
3-This question is, as far as I am concerned, very well answered by 'A J'.
2020-12-7
Use props
DJIMNYD
lvl.4
Hong Kong

J.Camilo Posted at 12-7 14:16
What do you mean AC ?, for me AC is the symbol of alternating current.
1- if you are talking about AC as a power outlet, you should never leave the battery. Once charged, unplug it.
2- Load up to about 50% and store.

AC = alternating current. A/C = aircraft. Sorry for confusing you.
2020-12-8
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

J.Camilo Posted at 12-7 14:03
Without having to be a defense lawyer for Heiwhite, what she said makes perfect sense, whether it be a cell phone, car, or boat, they are batteries of the same type, therefore with the same characteristics. 'A little open-minded and everything fits'

No it doesn’t - it’s a front to disguise the link within his/her reply - which is to beauty treatments - it’s SPAM! Did you really fall for it? LMFAO
2020-12-8
Use props
J.Camilo
lvl.1
Portugal

A J Posted at 12-8 00:32
No it doesn’t - it’s a front to disguise the link within his/her reply - which is to beauty treatments - it’s SPAM! Did you really fall for it? LMFAO

No, I didn't fall, standing up straight and firm. Do you know why ? I just read the writing, I didn't follow the link.
2020-12-9
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

J.Camilo Posted at 12-9 18:55
No, I didn't fall, standing up straight and firm. Do you know why ? I just read the writing, I didn't follow the link.

Well you clearly did thinking it was a genuine reply to the OP when it had nothing to do with the thread and was purely a spam post. Get your facts in order in future as beauty treatments have noting to do with this forum...
2020-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules