Video & Photo Transfer to PC
543 9 2020-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ssylca44
First Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft
Canada

Hi, The thing that I found annoying with the videos and photos transfers from the MA2 8 gig memory card, as well as the removable one, is the need to either, connect the MA2 to the computer via the USB cable or to remove the SD card. I wish that it could be done wirelessly. What do you think?

2020-6-2
Use props
HurleyBird Productions
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

This sounds like a good idea in theory but in reality WiFi signal strength, reliability, and speed have no comparison to a direct connection between the drone and computer. If you filmed a 20min flight the file size could range from 16GB to 20GB depending on resolution settings. This would be a strain on standard WiFi and plus they would need to add this card to the bid somewhere.

I'm sure as we move forward with WiFi 6 coming online more companies will be taking advantage of WiFi connections.
2020-6-2
Use props
Birdy301
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi  have just transferred a couple of videos via  the usb cable and it was really quite easy, I have a problem n as much as my videos transferred ok but  have four photos which seem to have disappeared from the ext SIM card but the four photos are showing on my flight details does anybody know what could have happened?
2020-6-2
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer
Canada

Birdy301 Posted at 6-2 13:12
Hi  have just transferred a couple of videos via  the usb cable and it was really quite easy, I have a problem n as much as my videos transferred ok but  have four photos which seem to have disappeared from the ext SIM card but the four photos are showing on my flight details does anybody know what could have happened?

Are they on the internal one?
2020-6-2
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer
Canada

HurleyBird Productions Posted at 6-2 12:40
This sounds like a good idea in theory but in reality WiFi signal strength, reliability, and speed have no comparison to a direct connection between the drone and computer. If you filmed a 20min flight the file size could range from 16GB to 20GB depending on resolution settings. This would be a strain on standard WiFi and plus they would need to add this card to the bid somewhere.

I'm sure as we move forward with WiFi 6 coming online more companies will be taking advantage of WiFi connections.

It would use the home wifi network which can be extremely fast.
2020-6-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there ssylca44. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing your insights with regards to this matter. I will cascade this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention. All significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest updates on the DJI Mavic Air 2, please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you and please stay safe always.
2020-6-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You already can,  I download the footage to my iPhone and then when I sit down at the computer the footage and images are all in the Photos app.  iCloud syncs everything between all the devices, even the TV.  
2020-6-3
Use props
Birdy301
lvl.1

United Kingdom

ssylca44 Posted at 6-2 13:40
Are they on the internal one?

Hi
Thanks for your reply, I don’t think they can be as I took the photos in the same flight session and I  checked that the default was the external sim before , but I will check the internal just to make sure and get back to you to let you know
Thanks
2020-6-3
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer
Canada

DAFlys Posted at 6-3 00:53
You already can,  I download the footage to my iPhone and then when I sit down at the computer the footage and images are all in the Photos app.  iCloud syncs everything between all the devices, even the TV.

Great but some of us use android devices. Cheers
2020-6-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ssylca44 Posted at 6-3 05:18
Great but some of us use android devices. Cheers

I guess if you want cool features you need to get a cool phone.
2020-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules