Feature Request - Recording Beep
626 8 2020-6-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
breezeway95
lvl.3
Flight distance : 826854 ft
Canada

I would find a reacurring beep while recording a welcome feature. This obviously should be an enable/disable option. I've lost quite a few clips due to thinking I was recording when not.
2020-6-3
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4
United States

Yeah, that hurts. After "losing/missing" the shots I thought I had, I went and placed a label on the top of my dedicated tabby that sez:
Are you recording yet? Haven't missed anything since.
Don't hold your breath for DJI to incorporate something like that, heck, can't even make the RTH signal switchable...
2020-6-3
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

there's a thing call overload when it comes to beeping and switching and even options to turn on and off.  I don't necessarily agree with it but apparently there is such a thing.

just like we need an auto on/off recording for those of us who just want to start the recording when the rotors spin and turn off the recording when the rotors stop and nothing more.

maybe you have customizable macros.
2020-6-3
Use props
HarrisHawk
lvl.2
United States

No beeps for strong wind warnings, which far more people encounter issues with than low battery situations; yet, if you get below 20% battery in your Mini, you’ll hear the incessant obnoxious beeping every bloody second —never mind the ruckus being a potential distraction for pilots.

My opinion: make any beeping alert optional. A recording beep may be useful to some, but I likely wouldn’t use it.
2020-6-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there breezeway95. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing your insights with the additional feature. I will cascade this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention. All significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest updates on the DJI Osmo Action and of the DJI Mimo application, please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you and please stay safe always.
2020-6-3
Use props
Kaiserschmarrn
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13678 ft
Germany

For switching between photo and video mode it is nessesary to press the corresponding button once, and after that once more again for actually taking a photo or starting recording. I had this issue very often, while focusing on flying, I pressed the button only once, but did not start recording and recognized it only after the flight.
From my perspective it would be easier if a single touch of the photo-button stops video-recording, switches to Photo-Mode and takes a picture and in parallel pressing video button switches to Video-Mode and automatically starts recording. Otherwise i have to check every single time if recording realy is running on my phone.
While using Quick shots it is even more complicated, because you have to quit Quick-shot-mode by using the touchscreen of the phone, because the photo-/video buttons are not working during quick-shots mode, even when the quick-shot is already finished.
I do not realy understand this behaviour and would appreciate if this can be handling can be changed.
Sorry I`m new in this forum, and not quite shure if i would have better set up a new tread, but from my opinion a "recording beep" would then not be nessecary if the buttons have to be only pressed one time.

PS: another change-request from my side:
as I often missed to take pictures during flight, when using quick-shot (and i realy like these shots) it would be very cool if the MM takes automatically one picture before starting the QS and another when the QS is finished, but before MM returns. I`m not realy happy with taking frames from the video afterwards, because the resulution is realy lower (at least when I'm not filming in 2,7k every time)
2020-6-4
Use props
crash1sttime
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

TBH the best thing DJI could do is to bring in auto record when props start and stop record when props stop, Litchi can do it.
2020-6-4
Use props
sbonev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

well no more beeps please!!! the annoying as hell low battery is more than enough and is loud as hell, they can manage that by any other way - as suggested above one push of a button it starts recording...thought then the issue will be if the settings are correct, as i am mostly doing manual and not always the conditions are the same. But they can make it more visible on the screen someway also - like big red dot when recording.
2020-6-4
Use props
Kaiserschmarrn
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13678 ft
Germany

crash1sttime Posted at 6-4 02:18
TBH the best thing DJI could do is to bring in auto record when props start and stop record when props stop, Litchi can do it.

often I work like this manually, but it is not possible at the moment to take pictures while capturing movies, don`t know if this is a limitation due to performance of writing on SD.
2020-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules