defective spark or garbage from Polarpro?
1073 5 2020-6-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

HI, I just got to try my filters from Polar Pro on my Spark but the video is garbage. I wrote to them since those filters are lifetime warranty and they are telling me it's my drone that is defective, but the footage is perfect without the filters..here is there reply, does it make any sense or it's total garbage? And yes I installed the filter with the drone powered off!

and here is the link to the crappy video footage with their ND16 filter. I know a lot of people had the same issue and they did a recall on those filters.

Hi Daniella,

Thank you for your reply. We would recommend installing the filter while the drone is off, then powering the drone on. If calibration issues occur for any reason, turn the drone off, remove the filter (if present), and power back up to see if the trouble persists. If so, then the problem is unrelated to the filters. If not, retry the installation. In some cases the gimbal overload issue maybe pertaining to software issues of some kind, for that, I would recommend reaching out to DJI support. The "jello" effect is the vibration we've seen, which is caused by a low shutter speed coming into conflict with the drone's EIS. If there is anything else I can do for you, please let me know.

Best Regards
Paz
PolarPro Support.

2020-6-3
Use props
Haggi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2581785 ft
Norway

What was your shutter?
If filter is used, go Manual exposure, never Auto.
Shutter should be set around 60, double of your shooting framerate.
Aka 180 degree rule, to achieve natural motion blur.
My PP filters, which are ND/PL, performs really well.
2020-6-3
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

shutter was 1/60s in manual mode, iso 100. i bought these filters at the begining, in december 2018, and I know they were recalled and they replaced it.

They don't seem to want to replace mine though, putting the blame in my Spark. The spark works fine without the filters.

what filters do you use? the old ones or the new ones?
2020-6-3
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

So they will send me some new filters. I hope they will work better.
2020-6-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Daniella3d. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. I hope that you will get the best information from our valued DJI co pilots who uses the PolarPro ND Filters on there DJI Spark. Just a  reminder that DJI does not recommend you to your 3rd party accessories ( ND Filters ) on your DJI Drones. These 3rd party accessories might affect the said DJI drone when in use. Actually, there is a possibility that these 3rd party accessories will be able work. However, since it's not yet optimized and tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said 3rd party accessory if it will work all the time with no issues and might void the warranty of the said DJI product. Thank you and have a safe flight always.
2020-6-9
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

The drone is out of warranty anyway.
2020-6-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules