Reciprocity Of Drone Registrations
897 9 2020-6-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlashNY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 391709 ft
United States

I just bought a Mavic Air 2 and I have registered with the FCC in the US. I understand many other countries have their own registration systems.

Is there anything special I need to do if I take my drone traveling, say to Europe? Would I need to register in the relevant countries there as well...or is all drone registration stuff reciprocal?

2020-6-3
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

If travelling to another country, then you need to do some research to find out what their regulations are. Countries vary all over the world in terms of permitting drones, from total bans on them to not caring a jot. Some will not even allow you to bring them into the country and in some you will be jailed just for having one in your possession.
2020-6-3
Use props
FlashNY
lvl.4
United States

Geebax Posted at 6-3 17:12
If travelling to another country, then you need to do some research to find out what their regulations are. Countries vary all over the world in terms of permitting drones, from total bans on them to not caring a jot. Some will not even allow you to bring them into the country and in some you will be jailed just for having one in your possession.

Thanks for the answer. I understand in general...and I have looked up info on specific countries (e.g. Italy, Switzerland and Australia) about where drones can be used. My question specifically though was about drone registration and reciprocity.
2020-6-3
Use props
MisterFrag
Second Officer
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

There is none that I am aware of.
2020-6-3
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

FlashNY Posted at 6-3 17:16
Thanks for the answer. I understand in general...and I have looked up info on specific countries (e.g. Italy, Switzerland and Australia) about where drones can be used. My question specifically though was about drone registration and reciprocity.

As MisterFrag says, there is no reciprocity, for example, our rules in Australia are quite similar to yours, but there is no requirement for registration.
2020-6-3
Use props
LeeG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 169281 ft
United States

Geebax Posted at 6-3 18:51
As MisterFrag says, there is no reciprocity, for example, our rules in Australia are quite similar to yours, but there is no requirement for registration.

Interesting subject, and unexpected answers. I travel from US to Canada often, and know of some gorgeous places in BC I would like to photograph. I looked into drone laws a bit there and found it daunting with some parts ambiguous and other parts seeming surprisingly limiting. But I have to wonder if I read it all right. Anyone have experience taking a drone up North? I don't have the 107 here, but my MA2 is registered with the FAA and I fly as a hobbiest.
2020-6-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there FlashNY. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I hope that you will get the best information from our DJI co pilots who had brought there DJI drones to other country. In addition, laws and regulations regarding UAVs / drones can vary widely depending on location. For additional reference I will post a link where in you can check some tips regarding bringing your DJI drone to a different country. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/flyingtips?site=brandsite&from=nav
2020-6-3
Use props
Renato61
Second Officer
Flight distance : 168163 ft
Italy

In EU to fly you must also have an insurance policy. Do you have one and is it valid abroad?
2020-6-3
Use props
Blizzard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 173734 ft

Belgium

Normally, as of 1 July 2020, the same European legislation would be in force in all the states of the EEC. However, due to the Corona crisis, that date has been postponed to 01/01/2021.

https://dronerules.eu/sl/professional/eu_regulations_updates
2020-6-3
Use props
FlashNY
lvl.4
United States

Renato61 Posted at 6-3 21:36
In EU to fly you must also have an insurance policy. Do you have one and is it valid abroad?

Not currently. If I need it I would hope there is one I could get just for travel. Do you have any recommendations?
2020-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules