Jittery Footage Issue
490 5 2020-6-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans46513910
lvl.1

United States

Hello,

I've been struggling with a lot of jittery footage with my Mavic 2 Pro. The drone has never been crashed and has been taken care of religiously. Whenever I yaw the drone left or right, or whenever I pan the gimbal up or down while filming the result I get is very jittery footage that is quite hard on the eyes. Here are some of the things I have tried to no avail:

I purchased a set of 4, 8, and 16 ND filters and played around with the camera settings in manual. Here are some settings I've tried, all following the 180 shutter speed rule. I'll include drop box links to view the footage straight out of the drone. I'm losing my mind here so any help would be greatly apprecaited! I'm starting to suspect it is a hardware issue which is worrysome...

Flight 1
Resolution: 4K
Frame Rate: 30
Shutter Speed: 1/60
Flight Mode: P
ISO:100
Aperture: 9.0
WB = Sunny
ND Filter: 8

Results: Yaw jitter still present, gimbal up/down jitter still present

Flight 2
Resolution: 4K
Frame Rate: 25
Shutter Speed: 1/50
Aperture: 8.0
WB = Sunny

Flight 3
Resolution: 2.7K
Frame Rate: 60
Shutter Speed: 1/120
Aperture: 7.1
WB = Sunny

Drop Box Video Link 1: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6sg9dih8onbcqrk/DJI_0141.MP4?dl=0

Drop Box Video Link 2: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ciq6nfgr7bordco/DJI_0134.MP4?dl=0

2020-6-3
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

It would not matter much what setting or filters you were using, you are waving the camera around like a fire hose, of course you will get jitter. It would not matter if you had the best camera available, you would still get it. Concentrate on slowing down camera movements, particularly pans, work on improving your camerawork.
2020-6-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I turned down the sensitivity by adjusting the EXP and the Gimbal speed and smoothness.
2020-6-4
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Until you master these smooth camera movements, opt for highest frame rate M2P is offering (even at the expense of resolution) and watch your footage at original speed. 60 fps may do the trick for you ...
2020-6-4
Use props
Haggi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2581785 ft
Norway

4K60p (90deg horizontal) 28mm M2P

Suggested Panning Duration:    9 sec
Suggested Panning Speed:  10°/sec

Hope this helps
2020-6-4
Use props
fans46513910
lvl.1

United States

Haggi Posted at 6-4 13:05
4K60p (90deg horizontal) 28mm M2P

Suggested Panning Duration:    9 sec

Thank you for the suggestion. I just feel like I see plenty of 4k footage with slightly faster pans on from the M2P on youtube that looks amazing, but I'll definitely give this a shot!
2020-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules