Tired of your Osmo Action? Thinking about getting something else?
3001 15 2020-6-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mizzu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 431873 ft
Germany

Since I feel like DJI doesn't care that much anymore about their Osmo Action and I'm afraid we won't receive any real Updates for it anymore, I'm thinking about alternatives.

I found this Video today. Might be interesting for some of you. This seriously makes me think about switching to GoPro, eventhough I dislike the build-quality and the general Software of the GoPro (as well as that you're not able to change the lens glass. This is a big problem in my opinion).

2020-6-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

wow - 50 day time lapses.  That could be very cool.
2020-6-4
Use props
Mizzu
lvl.4
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 6-4 01:11
wow - 50 day time lapses.  That could be very cool.

Yes, this was also my personal eyecatcher.
2020-6-4
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

His video shows the pos of things but yet, did you know some of the neg's, guess not.

2020-6-4
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Very interesting, I love the idea of being able to auto set for sunrise and sunset..
2020-6-4
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Fishycomics Posted at 6-4 06:18
His video shows the pos of things but yet, did you know some of the neg's, guess not.

What negatives?
2020-6-4
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

Don't get me wrong.   we got Boost to 2.7 Super-view 30/60fps, 4K30 as well.  We got Default mode changed as well two of the  camera features not really noted  but mentioned in a way.  SOme may not have all things set up, and when a command is given failure happens.  One example is Medium FOV, not offered.   Bit when Timelapse photo set up, it can go directly to Timewarp instead, for the reason , not having the correct settings.   as we learn it we get used to it.

Its awesome in many ways but like said  sometimes a some of things do fail and that we do not show.  blank screen of death Lol  given times it pops up on the start,  eratic gltiching at start up if pressing to a profile.   just again some of the things I see.  

thanks  for the reply.
2020-6-4
Use props
YK47
lvl.1

Hong Kong

I think there are lots of features manufacture is unable to offer to pubic.
It is OK to be used as a test/inner/lab firmware. when come to daily use ,the system stability drops significantly.
Gopro 6,7,8, randomly stops recording issue is a major drawback of a camera. The lab features will magnify this issue, which is the reason why these feature are not released.
2020-6-4
Use props
Mizzu
lvl.4
Germany

Fishycomics Posted at 6-4 06:18

This is right, but we got enough crap with the Osmo as well. Sometimes my Osmo just doesn't wake up / power on the display. Need to remove the Battery to make it work again. Sometimes it simply shuts down (good old low battery warning) even when at 100%). RockSteady is still useless for some people (me included) so to be fair they both have their downsides. I just wanted to share this video because I like the extra features, not because I wanted to start a discussion which device is worse.
2020-6-4
Use props
andrei193
lvl.4
Flight distance : 240856 ft
Romania

My advice, if you do plan on switching to GoPro, is to wait till september or october. GoPro Hero 9 rumors seem to point to a dual screen GoPro similar to the Osmo Action. And maybe they fixed the removable lens situation. And maybe they switched to another processor. Some personal reliable sources of mine told me that although the GP1 is very powerful, it's also responsible for it's camera instability (and maybe will always be). There were rumors they were switching to the Ambarella processor again, but not so sure if it will be this year.
2020-6-5
Use props
Mizzu
lvl.4
Germany

andrei193 Posted at 6-5 02:05
My advice, if you do plan on switching to GoPro, is to wait till september or october. GoPro Hero 9 rumors seem to point to a dual screen GoPro similar to the Osmo Action. And maybe they fixed the removable lens situation. And maybe they switched to another processor. Some personal reliable sources of mine told me that although the GP1 is very powerful, it's also responsible for it's camera instability (and maybe will always be). There were rumors they were switching to the Ambarella processor again, but not so sure if it will be this year.

OK, nice to know. Thanks
At the moment I'm not in a hurry to get another cam. Can't go on vacation to use it anyways because of all this Virus-sh**

And maybe we even see a Osmo Action 2 in this time already, which is (hopefully) better as well, who knows.

2020-6-5
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

Mizzu Posted at 6-4 21:14
This is right, but we got enough crap with the Osmo as well. Sometimes my Osmo just doesn't wake up / power on the display. Need to remove the Battery to make it work again. Sometimes it simply shuts down (good old low battery warning) even when at 100%). RockSteady is still useless for some people (me included) so to be fair they both have their downsides. I just wanted to share this video because I like the extra features, not because I wanted to start a discussion which device is worse.

OA for me, not as many issues. I also had the bat exhaustion pop on anuwhere above 50-100% full bat.  if i had another issue or issues it be the latest fw, Livestream getting certin things of it to work correctly, but it works for me. I tried tosee the EIS concerns, just do not notice it on my end here?  Oh yes they both havetheir upside and downs.   Latest Rumor I heard  here andelsewhere,  these are not 4k camera's, and Gopro has Rolling Shutter.  Gopro has more issues then you can imagine, since  the software is o a beta platform, and from Hackers, are they from Gopro or people created this for Gopro.  

I like the idea of the schedule timer, that looks like it can be there for the Hero 9, that will be released  if all goes right By September.  

OA I hope they have something up their sleeves for the OA2

the Overseas Electronics show is going to be On-Line in MidJune and we shall see  videos from the  show rooms and  youtube  people  real soon. DJI Showroom showed new stuff in Jan 2020 time  and GoPro, didnot bother to look.  

My Gopro, I own both cams if did not say, has worn outof the Mode on button, again, a poor design By GoPro (for me).   I can say a lot more, but I am on a DJI site, whoevers option did not say yours, to  decidewhat company and camera works for you.  
Would I go get a GoPro if it had a list of issues  ???

just my thoughts out loud

2020-6-5
Use props
maddox
First Officer
Malaysia

Cool! Thanks for sharing
2020-6-5
Use props
WilliamSolis11
lvl.1
Australia

I think I'll be out of the action camera game. The more I look into it the more I realise it's a whole lot of money for not a whole lot of value and there is a real disposable culture around it
2020-6-12
Use props
Mizzu
lvl.4
Germany

WilliamSolis11 Posted at 6-12 04:09
I think I'll be out of the action camera game. The more I look into it the more I realise it's a whole lot of money for not a whole lot of value and there is a real disposable culture around it

Yes, I totally agree. As soon as the Hype of something "new cool innovative" is gone, we start to realize that it isn't that innovative and high quality.
Feeling like a beta/product-tester for most of the stuff...
2020-6-13
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

Is there one camera that can do it all,  No, is there one Action camera that can do it all, No.   
2020-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules