Mavic Air 2 - Battery not installed properly
17543 32 2020-6-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rafrahat
lvl.1

United States

Hello,

After I purchased my MA2 fly more combo, the first thing I did was insert all batteries in the charging hub. Battery1 (Initially plugged within the drone), Battery2/3 extra that came with the package. Battery2/3 were in the 1st 2 slots and Battery1 was in the 3rd and final slot. Battery2 was the first battery to charge completely and I used it to turn on my MA2 for the first time. I updated the firmware and everything which was prompted in the DJI fly app. I used battery2 and 3 completely and when inserted Battery1, it says "Battery installation error. Aircraft unable to take off. Ensure battery is installed properly" & in details "Battery installed incorrectly. Detach battery and reinstall it (Code: 30068)".

See attached pictures in google drive to zoom in details. Google Drive https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1uIQcfuA6KTNviYCZfSuYvgaexgmjMgSh?usp=sharing

I have tried many times using the battery keeping the drone on, recharged it many times, resintalled battery, restarted app... almost all possible combinations. Even trying out batter2/3 more and more times as I used them for several flights. I am still not able to use Batter1. I thought of battery firmware? However the mavic says its mavic firmware is updated and I cannot reupdate mavic with this battery1. Is there any other solution which can be done with firmware of the battery or something like that?

Thank you
2020-6-4
Use props
Fancse78
lvl.1
United Kingdom

All batteries must be charged directly via charger for the first time to wake them up from the hibernation. That was discussed in the forums already.
2020-6-4
Use props
rafrahat
lvl.1

United States

Fancse78 Posted at 6-4 03:18
All batteries must be charged directly via charger for the first time to wake them up from the hibernation. That was discussed in the forums already.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. Does this mean this battery needs to be replaced? The other batteries did work charging them all the same way?

Thank you
2020-6-4
Use props
InvisibleName 7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 795653 ft
United Kingdom

rafrahat Posted at 6-4 03:50
Hi,

Thank you for your reply. Does this mean this battery needs to be replaced? The other batteries did work charging them all the same way?

Yep, contact DJI and request a replacement under warrantee
2020-6-4
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 380978 ft
United Kingdom

Sounds more like the drone doesn't see the battery is inserted correctly base on the message, there are two metal plates on the latching system on the Air 2 that if not connecting will cause a battery not installed correctly error to be displayed as oppose to the battery not charging or firmware being up to date but you should arrange replacement.
2020-6-4
Use props
rafrahat
lvl.1

United States

BaynhamPhoto Posted at 6-4 04:13
Sounds more like the drone doesn't see the battery is inserted correctly base on the message, there are two metal plates on the latching system on the Air 2 that if not connecting will cause a battery not installed correctly error to be displayed as oppose to the battery not charging or firmware being up to date but you should arrange replacement.

Correct. I am not totally satisfied with the click sound when I insert this battery1 as compared to battery2/3. But it fully goes in and you could see the pictures if you want?
2020-6-4
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 380978 ft
United Kingdom

rafrahat Posted at 6-4 04:17
Correct. I am not totally satisfied with the click sound when I insert this battery1 as compared to battery2/3. But it fully goes in and you could see the pictures if you want?

I wouldn't be taking any risks having a cell that is not behaving as expected this code was mentioned on the longer threads about initial battery activation but there was no specific answer to this code specifically.  I would just raise a case to have it replaced knowing you have two good cells to fly with support might be able to offer a solution remotely.  If you have tried the put in drone switch on, remove and stand for 3 hours then attempt charging again before another placement into the drone or checking via Assistant for firmware validation I doubt there is anything other than get it replaced.
2020-6-4
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

It could be a dud battery, send back for replacement
2020-6-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there rafrahat. I am sorry to read and to know that you are having issues with your DJI Mavic Air 2's Intelligent Flight Battery.  In order to ensure that the battery has been installed correctly during use, DJI Innovations has a detection device for the battery installed in place in the battery compartment. If you encounter this prompt '30068' during use. Kindly please first check whether the intelligent flight battery is installed and the buckle is in place, then please try to wipe the metal paddles on the battery and the paddles in the battery compartment with a dry paper towel. If the problem still persists, it is recommended to contact our support team at http://www.dji.com/support for further assistance. We'll do the best to help this out. Thank you.
2020-6-4
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't understand why DJI takes our email addresses and then doesn't warn us about this kind of problem of which they are aware when they ship the product. Otherwise, what is the point? Major fail in an electronic age.

Sorry. I am an engineer and dont like it when things become very inefficient.

2020-6-4
Use props
djiuser_dZ2uB7udH5BO
lvl.1
Flight distance : 121870 ft
Belarus

Same issue. When I try to move battery to the left side of the drone, error disappear. But when I try to center it, the error rise again.
Even tried to use batteries from another drone, they also fall into this error, while working ok on another drone.
Seems to be a hardware and drone-specific problem.
2020-6-5
Use props
djiuser_dZ2uB7udH5BO
lvl.1
Belarus

djiuser_dZ2uB7udH5BO Posted at 6-5 13:56
Same issue. When I try to move battery to the left side of the drone, error disappear. But when I try to center it, the error rise again.
Feel free to reply if you solved the issue
2020-6-5
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Its probably the little contacts inside the battery compartment ....if u look on both side u will see gold contacts....if the metal latch from battery does not touch the gold contacts on each side this results in the error....have u tried cleaning contacts? If it were me i would! Even if i had to bemd them a little i would try vs risking sending back a new drone to dji only to get a refurb.
20200605_213454.jpg
20200605_213424.jpg
2020-6-5
Use props
vladsanik_
lvl.1
Belarus

Finnaly, what worked and not for me:
1. Cleanning the incide contacts on the drone - STILL ERROR
2. Bending a little the incide contacts on the drone - STILL ERROR
3. Bending a little the contact on the side of a battery - WORKS
4. Applying some peace of tape of the right side of the drone's battery compartment to fill the space and remove battery movements - WORKS

Also tried moving battery inside drone when flying, it does not lead to engines stop, so this error wont cause drone fall. So try steps 3,4 and maybe it will fix your error too. Do it on your own risk!
2020-6-7
Use props
djiuser_sHXhs62bdc6e
New
United States

vladsanik_ Posted at 6-7 02:36
1. Cleanning the incide contacts on the drone - STILL ERROR
2. Bending a little the incide contacts on the drone - STILL ERROR

That is definitely the issue, not the battery software! How much tape and where did you put it to make it work?
2020-6-8
Use props
coolbiddergmail.com
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1080351 ft
Vietnam

I have the same problem. 3 out of 3 air2 batteries show not correctly installed warning and not being able to take off.
2020-6-29
Use props
JSS_VN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1080351 ft
Vietnam

vladsanik_ Posted at 6-7 02:36
1. Cleanning the incide contacts on the drone - STILL ERROR
2. Bending a little the incide contacts on the drone - STILL ERROR

Thanks for sharing.

I tried 3 and 4 of your methods but they didn't work on my case. All of my 3 batteries are having the same 30068 warning and drone can't take off.

I would assume the whole batch of batteries are problematic or this problem is drone specific!
2020-6-29
Use props
Zirotti
New

United States

Same issue with a brand new drone. Just received the combo yesterday and after updating the firmware on all 3 batteries, having this issue. Drone is unusable within first 24 hours. Pretty disappointed.
2020-7-6
Use props
rafrahat
lvl.1

United States

Thank you everyone for participating in this thread. I sent my battery to DJI and they have sent me a new battery without any charges.

2020-7-10
Use props
xtian
lvl.1
Flight distance : 351414 ft
Canada

I've seen this happen now on all of the batteries at one point in time or another. After messing with the clips on the sides a bit, they all seem to register again. It was starting to really get on my nerves. Thanks @$gambino$

Also worth noting, the firmware upgrade apparently wants to upgrade the batteries as well when you update to latest version (it will say on the main screen where you see the "go fly" button).

2020-8-14
Use props
turmfunker
lvl.1
Germany

At the same time me in Germany and an acquaintance in Canada have bought the Fly-More-Combo.
With my Air 2 everything is fine, even having been unaware of the charging problem, it worked to charge the 3 batteries with the charging-plate, with no issues.

But, with him it is a desaster.
None of the batteries work. All 3 show the same behaviour.
Charging worked fine, but when inserting in the drone, all 3 show the 30068-code/error.
Every possible attempt to solve the problem failed, he tried everything, that was advised here already.
Finally he has been asked from the support, to send everything back.
Unlikely that all 3 batteries failed, it seems in this case it is a failure in the drone.

Really very disappointing, to be the victim of a poor quality-control...
2020-8-22
Use props
InvisibleName 7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 795653 ft
United Kingdom

I’m amazed people are prepared to do a ‘bodge’ fix to get their batteries to work in $1000 drone! Surely you should be contacting DJI for replacements?
2020-8-23
Use props
djiuser_vD0N3uj7Gywu
New

United States

InvisibleName 7 Posted at 8-23 00:53
I’m amazed people are prepared to do a ‘bodge’ fix to get their batteries to work in $1000 drone! Surely you should be contacting DJI for replacements?

It's easy to do compared to waiting a month for a replacement from DJI.  I had that issue with two batteries.  Just bend the tabs out on the battery and the contacts on the drone.
2020-8-25
Use props
Valkolimar
New

United States

Is the Battery Installation Error Code a Common thing with the Mavic Air 2? I am having the same problem and I am going to go Exchange it for another one today. It would be terrible to have the same problem on another model.
2020-9-3
Use props
djiuser_MixcFihh0Hea
New

United Arab Emirates

rafrahat Posted at 6-4 03:50
Hi,

Error code 60068 battery !
Brand new drone !
Was never able to fly
2020-9-11
Use props
djiuser_MixcFihh0Hea
New

United Arab Emirates

Hi guys , I had the same issue of most of you had !
Today , a friend of mine and I wanted to do a last try before return the drone .After we inserted the battery in the drone we push the battery  side to side Motion  ,the lights next to the propeller Suddenly Change  color and the message was no longer showing ... after that we tried the other 2 batteries and the problem was no longer showing .
2020-9-11
Use props
ArroPorsche A2S
New

Brazil

Olá, tive o mesmo problema com  o A2S, em menos de uma semana de uso. Aconteceu sem nenhum alerta anterior e sem que nenhuma anormalidade de uso tivesse ocorrido.Percebi que o erro persiste, até que o contato entre bateria e drone, seja completado com o equipamento ligado. Isso faz desaparecer ou apagar o erro.

Para isso, com a máquina ligada, mova a bateria para os lados e observe que o código de erro irá sumir. Após checar os contatos nas baterias e no drone, não mais o problema ocorreu.
2021-6-8
Use props
fans53170f7c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 399085 ft
United States

I was having this problem with my Air 2S. Two of the batteries that came with the Fly More combo, after just 2 months, kept giving me the 30068 code. What I did was exhaust all the batteries completely by using them to charge my phone, GoPro, etc. When they were all depleted, I charged them all completely using the triple charging bay and the batteries worked again and I didn't get the 30068 code. Try it. It may or may not work. It worked for me so hopefully it will for anybody else with the same issue. Definitely check to make sure the connectors are clean just in case.
2021-11-17
Use props
djiuser_3dp77F55Pfsh
lvl.1

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2020-6-4 19:15
Hello there rafrahat. I am sorry to read and to know that you are having issues with your DJI Mavic Air 2's Intelligent Flight Battery.  In order to ensure that the battery has been installed correctly during use, DJI Innovations has a detection device for the battery installed in place in the battery compartment. If you encounter this prompt '30068' during use. Kindly please first check whether the intelligent flight battery is installed and the buckle is in place, then please try to wipe the metal paddles on the battery and the paddles in the battery compartment with a dry paper towel. If the problem still persists, it is recommended to contact our support team at http://www.dji.com/support for further assistance. We'll do the best to help this out. Thank you.

I continue to receieve the same warning on at least of my batteries as well. Drone never crashed and it started shortly after a few uses.
2022-2-16
Use props
djiuser_UAPzMrwJbYVy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3072448 ft
  • >>>
United States

https://youtu.be/SdSFKLHtGFY

This may help. I had the same issue and I did this and now they are working again
2022-2-17
Use props
djiuser_MmmtHkFaa90r
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

They have to be charged individually to wake them from hiber.It is in the manual
2022-2-17
Use props
djiuser_MmmtHkFaa90r
lvl.4
United States

Valkolimar Posted at 2020-9-3 06:38
Is the Battery Installation Error Code a Common thing with the Mavic Air 2? I am having the same problem and I am going to go Exchange it for another one today. It would be terrible to have the same problem on another model.

No it is not a common issue
2022-2-17
Use props
djiuser_MmmtHkFaa90r
lvl.4
United States

rafrahat Posted at 2020-6-4 03:50
Hi,

Surprised you did not ruin all three of them
2022-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules