Don't use DJI buy local
1737 11 2020-6-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CKSW6
lvl.2
Australia

Hi - this is a warning to anyone out there thinking of buying direct from DJI, they might make awesome drones but they royally suck at fulfilling orders and delivering them.

You can get the same deals, pay the same price if you shop at your local stores, you then get the drone to use from day one.

A few things I have learned, whilst I wait for my Mavic Air 2 Fly More Combo Order

They only ship when the full order is ready to go, so if you are buying a Micro DS card for example then they wont begin to consider shipping for 5-7 days, even if it states (as it does on the sales site) that they ship the Mavic in one buisness day after payment

You have the ability to cancel your order until it gets to the point end of the 5-7 day window, they then "transfer" the order to their "Logistics department" this then means that the order is ready to be shipped and packaged (allegedly) at this point you can't then cancel the order via the cancel button on your orders tab.

And they sure take their time to package up orders, it has taken 3-business days (in excess of the 7-business days to process my order) for them organise a courier to pick up my packaged order, and I'm still waiting.

Once packaged and awaiting shipping you can cancel but and here is then the kicker, they wont refund you until the order is back in their warehouse, so the order has to be delivered to you and then returned to them and then they estimate 7-14 business days to get the refund through, DJI is very liberal with their interpretation of days too by the way.

Of course also, presumably if the order gets lost in transit you are out the full value of it - no returned order to the warehouse no refund.

It really is hit and miss, I ordered extra batteries post my original order, I had hoped for these to be included within the original order to minimise the freight costs, this was too hard so I ended up paying freight on the supplementary order, these were ordered on the 2nd of June, payment processed and shipped the same day, no issues.

If your order starts to drift to the 7-days timeframe I would recommend cancelling it via the cancel button before they remove this option and you are then stuck at their mercy praying they ship your drone.

If you cancel it via the button you can then get an instant refund and go to your local store.

If you hit up the customer support people they will offer to try and cancel your order, that is pretty much the sum total of the support on offer, same goes for the mods here, they look into things for you and assure you the order is packaged and to look out for the tracking number, but there is no follow through that I have seen, certainly no tracking number that is for sure.

Like I said, I have nothing against DJI they make great drones, but a logistics company they are most certianly not.

2020-6-4
Use props
FrustratedMavic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19186 ft
United States

yep, I'm extremely disappointed with their customer service
2020-6-4
Use props
CKSW6
lvl.2
Australia

FrustratedMavic Posted at 6-4 13:20
yep, I'm extremely disappointed with their customer service

Something has been bugging me about this the more I think on it - when the order hits their logistics department they are apparently then unable to cancel the order.

Then why if it was still in their care custody and control would they then knowingly send it out if the purchaser has cancelled it and intends to reject delivery.

DJI make drones to make money, the costs of the operations subtracted from their sales returns equalling their profits, so why would any company then knowing increase their costs by shipping a product they know is going to be returned, it doesn't make sense!

They have a relatively fixed profit per product sale (varies I'm sure by product and region) so why incur the cost of freight and shipping the product out and to return it, the costs associated with the boxing and un-boxing as well as the administrative costs related to this operation and the payment and recoveries of import and export taxes if they know the order is cancelled - there then being no profits associated with the sale in question, this just hits the margin of those deliveries they do manage to make.

Doesn't make sense to me - any management consultants or logistics experts out there looking for a job, I know a company that could definitely do with some help!
2020-6-4
Use props
CKSW6
lvl.2
Australia

CKSW6 Posted at 6-4 13:38
Something has been bugging me about this the more I think on it - when the order hits their logistics department they are apparently then unable to cancel the order.

Then why if it was still in their care custody and control would they then knowingly send it out if the purchaser has cancelled it and intends to reject delivery.

Unless of course the threat of cancellation and the delayed refund is the stick to keep people on the hook......
2020-6-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi CKSW6, sorry again for the unpleasant experience on our online store, if I were in your position, I would feel the same way. I have pushed the warehouse to handle your order in priority and send the tracking number to you as fast as they can, I will keep an eye on it as well.
2020-6-5
Use props
djiuser_I3a9kUAjRj5d
lvl.1

China

I did not encounter this phenomenon. Perhaps it is an example.
But it needs to attract DJI's attention. Consumers' trust in DJI is very important, and customers should not have too many dissatisfaction and complaints.
Overall, I think DJI has done very well in terms of services.
2020-6-11
Use props
Capital1983
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5666 ft
United States

I ordered from DJI on Friday.  I hope this is not the case with my order.  I know it takes some time to fulfill but I hope to have my M2P and fly more kit before I go on vacation the week of 6/29!
2020-6-14
Use props
djiuser_9yXxzQ2x52Si
New

United States

I agree, order from B&H, Best Buy, Amazon, or anywhere else more reliable in direct to consumer sales. DJI makes great stuff be have proved themselves to be inept when it comes to online sales. I ordered a Pocket 2 directly from DJI's website about two weeks ago and the process has been a total mess. As of now, it's currently being held in a UPS warehouse due to some customs/import/tax issues. When contacting UPS about my order they've sent me all sorts of confusing paperwork and even said I owe a $20/day holding fee. C'mon DJI, a customer should NEVER have to deal with this type of stuff, I should be seeing all this paper work for a simple online order. Several people currently do not have their orders from DJI right now due to this issue. Any other company would have my product in my hand by now. Unacceptable.
2020-12-1
Use props
djiuser_0MPGvOGTvHMV
lvl.2
United States

“Royally suck” is kinda harsh.  I ordered directly from DJI, as the smart controller combo I wanted was out of stock.  I placed my order online mid afternoon on Monday and it was shipped about 30 hours later FedEx.  Getting out to drive around an shop in person is something I don’t care for, and some customerers may live far from retail stores, who are not likely to carry all of the myriad that DJI sells, so ordering direct is definitely a great choice to have available.  So “suck” is out of bounds...
2020-12-2
Use props
WKHTTH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 163438 ft
United Kingdom

I never experienced any of what you are saying - My MA2 fly more combo order was shipped to me in 3 days and had it in my hands 2 days later. I have never had an issue with customer service, Every question I have ever had that I emailed them with, I had a reply the next day that was very helpful and answered my questions to the fullest.
Many of my friends have ordered from DJI and none of them have had any issues to complain about.
So saying they "Royally Suck" is a bit overstated. There is not a company in this world that at times have its issues with logistics but, do they "Royally Suck" ?  No.
2020-12-2
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I always do
2020-12-2
Use props
djiuser_Z9sRyP1iLfqi
lvl.1

United States

I fully agree with the poor customer experience as a result of their customer service.  how many times can you tell someone to "kindly wait" until you kindly want to kill someone.  this entire experience with djI on their fpv system, as well as the mini 2 has been nothing short of horrific.  skip buying them all together and seek alternative brands and you will likely save money and get the experience the thousands of dollars we spend on their products actually deserves
2020-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules