App shut down midflight and no range
1049 16 2020-6-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JodyR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36437 ft
United States

Ok, so I take the drone out in the country by a river and boat dock. I send it up in the parking lot. Out and down the river. 150 feet high or so if I remember. As usual, about 2000 feet away I had trouble. This time, no signal errors, no jerky lagging video, just all of a sudden black screen like app shut off or lost connection. I was videoing at the time. I tapped DJI Fly icon again, app came up and I had to tap Connect to Aircraft again. Camera view showed back up and I was able to fly it back to me and land. Very scary. Always around 2000-2500 feet distance and 200 or so up is where I lose signal or video flakes out.
Maybe its the trees, not high enough, no LOS.... Who knows. My question is, where is my log files or data that I can download or send to DJI or put on here for some explanation or something? New to drones totally... and am still learning everything. Curious if it was an app thing or range thing like seems to happen repeatably to me.
2020-6-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It’s not a range thing, it’s hard to actually pin point it, it happened to me within 50ft, black out and I just restarted.
Dji have been advising to fly in Airplane mode with device, not sure if this helps or not hopefully some small bug will be sorted soon.
2020-6-4
Use props
Pappy3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

This has happened to me just once in almost two weeks of use. The phone screen went completely black for what seemed like an eternity, but was more like 2-4 seconds. Scared the crap out of of me nonetheless. The screen, video feed and telemetry all came back up without any action by me. A Youtuber who was evaluating the MA2 for his business ran across this as well.

For some reason DJI strips out the start time. The black scrren issue is at 6:24

2020-6-4
Use props
JodyR
lvl.1
United States

Glad to see it wasn't just me, a setting , or Newbie error .   After having weak signals and jerky video and occasion loss of signal every flight at 2000-2500 feet distance, thought for sure it was a distance/signal/transmission thing. Glad to know it isnt.   
2020-6-4
Use props
Mirek L
Second Officer
Flight distance : 609724 ft
Canada

JodyR Posted at 6-4 06:46
Glad to see it wasn't just me, a setting , or Newbie error .   After having weak signals and jerky video and occasion loss of signal every flight at 2000-2500 feet distance, thought for sure it was a distance/signal/transmission thing. Glad to know it isnt.

Yes - known issue.
Fortunately you can reconnect very quickly. Happened to me few times and I was always able to reconnect very quickly by hitting connect button on the app.

DJI should fix this it the future - hopefully.

Mirek
2020-6-4
Use props
urbanweb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 33963 ft
United Kingdom

Is this always on android devices?  I’ve not experienced it using the iPhone.
2020-6-4
Use props
Pappy3
Second Officer
United States

urbanweb Posted at 6-4 07:04
Is this always on android devices?  I’ve not experienced it using the iPhone.

Probably, Samsung Galaxy A71 with Android 10
2020-6-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Mirek L Posted at 6-4 06:51
Yes - known issue.
Fortunately you can reconnect very quickly. Happened to me few times and I was always able to reconnect very quickly by hitting connect button on the app.

New app update on google store has fix for crash bug.
2020-6-4
Use props
JodyR
lvl.1
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 6-4 07:24
New app update on google store has fix for crash bug.

Samsung Note 10 with Android ver 10 ..and DJI Fly Ver 1.1.2  so I am running latest version in app store.
2020-6-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

JodyR Posted at 6-4 07:30
Samsung Note 10 with Android ver 10 ..and DJI Fly Ver 1.1.2  so I am running latest version in app store.

No 1.1.4 on google store now, should be available soon on iOS .
2020-6-4
Use props
JodyR
lvl.1
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 6-4 07:35
No 1.1.4 on google store now, should be available soon on iOS .

Thats weird. I open play store... Search DJI and the Fly App is there. Says its installed on my device. Shows its ver 1.1.2 with no update either. Maybe it will show up for me soon...
Screenshot_20200604-114312_Google Play Store.jpg
2020-6-4
Use props
Mirek L
Second Officer
Flight distance : 609724 ft
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 6-4 07:35
No 1.1.4 on google store now, should be available soon on iOS .

I do not see new version on Google store yet.
Perhaps it is available in some countries only (I am in Canada).

I have my app on auto update and it is currently on version 1.1.2.

In any case - waiting anxiously for an update.

Mirek
2020-6-4
Use props
Pappy3
Second Officer
United States

I posted a separate thread on the 1.1.4 Fly app release. I suspect DJI is doing a staged rollout as they have done with the GO 4 app. You'll get the 1.1.4 eventually.

Release 1.1.4 Posted To Google Play
2020-6-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

JodyR Posted at 6-4 07:42
Thats weird. I open play store... Search DJI and the Fly App is there. Says its installed on my device. Shows its ver 1.1.2 with no update either. Maybe it will show up for me soon...

Might need to give it a day or so.
2020-6-4
Use props
fans0252a390
lvl.4
Flight distance : 131204 ft
United Kingdom

I have experienced the same once on my Motorola (Android 9). In my case was just retuning to the phone Menu but I still had RC control over the drone.
What I have done and seemed to help was to disable the cache - ing in the App settings.
Never had that issue since.
2020-6-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there JodyR. I am sorry to know what happened to your flight with your DJI Mavic Air 2. May we know what mobile device are you using please for us to isolate the said issue? In addition if you want to contact our DJI support team I will be posting a link where in you can get in touch with our DJI support team for further assistance. Thank you and fly safe always.

https://www.dji.com/support
2020-6-9
Use props
JodyR
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-9 22:05
Hello there JodyR. I am sorry to know what happened to your flight with your DJI Mavic Air 2. May we know what mobile device are you using please for us to isolate the said issue? In addition if you want to contact our DJI support team I will be posting a link where in you can get in touch with our DJI support team for further assistance. Thank you and fly safe always.

https://www.dji.com/support

Thanks for the reply. It was a Samsung Note 9 phone, running Android 10 operating system and DJI Fly 1.1.2 ...  Since the original post, DJI FLY 1.1.4 has been released and may have addressed the issue. I will monitor and get with support if it happens again. Thank you!
2020-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules