Mavic Pro 2 Camera Shake
567 6 2020-6-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sal107
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I recently upgraded my Mavic Pro 2 including remote control to the latest firmware and it now is virtually unusable with erratic camera shake. I have spoken to DJi and carried firmware refresh, IMU calibration, gimbal calibration etc and the problem persists.
I have seen similar examples on Youtube and they talk about rolling back the firmware, though this imforation was from several years back and relating to older firmware.
It has never been crashed and was working perfectly before updating the firmware.
Hopefully someone can help me out with some advice.

Thanks
2020-6-4
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

All I can say is, yes, try to roll back to where you were when things were happy.
That is the only thing you can do right now. Or send it in...Yikes!
Not trying to be snarky, but this is another example of "If it ain't broke........."
But I haven't updated my Mav Pro Gen I in almost 3 years. When I got my bird, I did see some folks having issues with updates.
Never did it. Nary a hiccup in 3 years. Now I may be missing the "asteroid" flight mode or other things like that, I just learned to fly them manually.
2020-6-4
Use props
Sal107
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Flycaster Posted at 6-4 12:01
All I can say is, yes, try to roll back to where you were when things were happy.
That is the only thing you can do right now. Or send it in...Yikes!
Not trying to be snarky, but this is another example of "If it ain't broke........."

Hi

Thanks for your reply and in hindsight, I wish I hadn't updated! I am usually very cautious doing this, but after lockdown for the last 9 weeks - I wasn't thinking straight!!
I cannot see any option to rollback and a bit lost.
2020-6-4
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Yeah, I agree with Flycaster either send it in or roll back and test again.
2020-6-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Sal107. I am sorry to read and to know that you are having issues with the gimbal of your DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Since you have done multiple troubleshooting steps that could possibly rectify the issue on your drone. However, it seems that the problem persists, we highly recommend you to contact our DJI support team at ( https://www.dji.com/support ) For further assistance and for further evaluation. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2020-6-5
Use props
Sal107
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-5 01:02
Hello there Sal107. I am sorry to read and to know that you are having issues with the gimbal of your DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Since you have done multiple troubleshooting steps that could possibly rectify the issue on your drone. However, it seems that the problem persists, we highly recommend you to contact our DJI support team at ( https://www.dji.com/support ) For further assistance and for further evaluation. Thank you for your kind and understanding.

Hi
Sadly that looks like the next option, though it is extremely frustrating considering it was fine until upgrading and there isn’t a way for me to rollback the firmware.
Regards
2020-6-5
Use props
AEROKAMERA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2289429 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Hi,
Look at that GIMBAL GOES CRAZY and that DANCING, SHAKING, JUPING GIMBAL ISSUE - WORKAROUND.Now I'm on FW v01.00.04.00 and no issue with even 40-50km/h wind. Downgraded using DJI Assistant.
Look at trees

2020-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules