Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
No help from DJI Certified Repair Center or DJI Germany
520 6 2020-6-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rex Racer
lvl.1
Germany

First, my situation is a bit unique. I'm an American that does not live in America as I travel throughout the year moving every  few months. I am currently in Germany. I crashed my Mavic Mini a few months ago before coming here and brought it with me so I could send it in for repair since I was going to be here for a few months. I hesitantly decided to send it to a DJI Certified Repair Center becuase they are much closer to my location then DJI Germany and also because they seemed to cater to foreigners since they advertised on their web site that they speak English and they showed on their web site that they had the part I needed replaced which they would not sell unlesss you sent your device in for repair. The part/service I need is to have the right front arm replaced becasue it is cracked in half. There is nothing else wrong with it.

Upon sending my Mavic Mini in I received an email from the Certified Repair Center stating that my drone was being sent to DJI Germany because they did not have the part in stock. After a few days I received another email from the Certified Repair Center saying that DJI is saying that my Mavic Mini is an FCC version. I replied explaining that I was a tourist in Germany and wanted to get it fixed while I was here and that message was relayed to DJI Germany who then replied going off on a tangent telling the repair center to tell me that I needed to get a new remote and that I was not allowed to fly my Mavic Mini in Germany. I replied stating I did not need a new remote and all I wanted was the arm fixed. All these emails going from me to the Certified Repair Center and on to DJI Germany and back.

DJI Germany has now said that they "only have CE versions in stock. For this reason, we can only replace the devices." and if I want my drone to be repaired I have to send it back to the appropriate region. This makes no sense at all. All I need is the right front arm to be replaced. Whether the Mini is an FCC or CE version has no bearing on that. I called the Certified Repair Center and they could not explain the reasoning behind DJI Germany's answer and told me I should call them and then when I did they said they could not discuss my case because of privacy laws and their contract with their Certified Repair Center which the Repair Center should have know of and not even told me to bother with calling DJI.

I do not have any plans to return to the USA anytime soon and do not want to ship it there and back. Is this the typical bahavior of DJI and is there a reason for them being like this? This experience makes me think that you should never bother with dealing with a Certified Repair Station if you have a DJI product.

2020-6-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Rex Racer, we are sorry to read your experience, the radio frequency hardware of the aircraft and remote controllers of Mavic Mini have both FCC and CE versions, which means that materials of the FCC version need to be used together, and materials of the CE version need to be used together. Therefore, the Mavic Mini does not support cross-version repair.
May we have your case number so that we could get the details for further support?
2020-6-4
Use props
Rex Racer
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-4 19:33
Hi Rex Racer, we are sorry to read your experience, the radio frequency hardware of the aircraft and remote controllers of Mavic Mini have both FCC and CE versions, which means that materials of the FCC version need to be used together, and materials of the CE version need to be used together. Therefore, the Mavic Mini does not support cross-version repair.
May we have your case number so that we could get the details for further support?

Thank You for the reply. I completely understand that. The only thing that is broken on it is the right front arm which is a simple repair and as you know has nothing to do with the radio Freq or power used in the Comms channel which is what makes it an FCC or CE version.

When DJI Germany first responded they did not tell me there was anything else wrong. All they were concerned with is that it was telling me that it was an FCC model and that I am not allowed to fly it in Germany etc..and that I need to get a new remote with the "repair", Their repair was going to be them giving me a new CE version and not repairing mine. Now with their latest email they have told me that "This version , my FCC version, cannot and must not be sold in Europe... and now all of a sudden they are saying there is something else wrong with mine but they have not told me what that is.

I believe that they are trying to police my use of the drone and that is not their place to do. It might be illegal to fly the FCC version here but it is not illegal to own/have it here. I have explained to them that I am only a tourist here for a limited time and that I will not be returning home after I leave here or anytime soon so I want to get it repaired now while I am in a country where there is a repair center.

The Case File # is CAS-4326719-S6B2G0.
2020-6-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Rex Racer Posted at 6-10 20:59
Thank You for the reply. I completely understand that. The only thing that is broken on it is the right front arm which is a simple repair and as you know has nothing to do with the radio Freq or power used in the Comms channel which is what makes it an FCC or CE version.

When DJI Germany first responded they did not tell me there was anything else wrong. All they were concerned with is that it was telling me that it was an FCC model and that I am not allowed to fly it in Germany etc..and that I need to get a new remote with the "repair", Their repair was going to be them giving me a new CE version and not repairing mine. Now with their latest email they have told me that "This version , my FCC version, cannot and must not be sold in Europe... and now all of a sudden they are saying there is something else wrong with mine but they have not told me what that is.

Thanks for getting back, I will verify again with the team and come back to you as soon as possible, appreciate your patience.
2020-6-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi Rex Racer, thanks for your patience, I have verified with the local repair center and the higher-level team that we do not have the spare parts in the facility to just repair the arm of the drone, we can only replace the drone for a CE version (FFC version is not available in EU region).
Products and components presented for repair may be replaced by the repair center according to DJI After-sales policy, we apologize for any inconvenience caused. Even you select to replace the drone with the CE version, the previous RC will not be linked, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused and hope for your understanding.
2020-6-12
Use props
Jemuel Amada
New

Philippines

Does he have the option of just getting back the drone without the hassle of trying to repair/replace it? I am genuinely curious on this case  
2020-6-22
Use props
Rex Racer
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-12 01:49
Hi Rex Racer, thanks for your patience, I have verified with the local repair center and the higher-level team that we do not have the spare parts in the facility to just repair the arm of the drone, we can only replace the drone for a CE version (FFC version is not available in EU region).
Products and components presented for repair may be replaced by the repair center according to DJI After-sales policy, we apologize for any inconvenience caused. Even you select to replace the drone with the CE version, the previous RC will not be linked, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused and hope for your understanding.

I'm sorry but I don't understand at all. I don't understand why this is so hard. I don't understand why DJI,other then you, is doing more to avoid helping me then to help me.... especially with such a simple case. It's a standard repair with a common part. I do not understand how the part not being in stock is relevant. They are the main DJI location in Europe..... why have they not just done what any other company would do and just order the part? It's that simple. In the time it's taken with all their BS they could have most likely ordered and had the part arrive already and be done with it.

Also, I have been waiting since 11 Jun to hear back from DJI Europe via the Certified Repair Center. In their last email to me they said that they could not fix it because "..more needs to be repaired." but they have not said what this more is. I was also told that I could have my drone back if I paid a €40 processing fee. If I am going to pay a fee for them to look at it I want to know what is wrong with it. I asked for a written test/inspection report to know what is wrong with it but have not heard back.
2020-7-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules