Dji Customer Service
1230 17 2020-6-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanseb1478af
lvl.1
Flight distance : 59068 ft
United States

I’ve owned the DJI ZOOM 2 for a year, I’ve had great hopes and was staggered to fly it, little did I know DJI SUCKS. After just one week of flying this drone, it crashed. This crash, believe me, was not my fault, while I had it hovering at my waist level it randomly flew up and crashed 30 miles per hour into a tree. From this moment I was really upset since my $1500+ drone just broke while it wasn’t even my fault. Soon, I contacted DJI support and they kept on taking me in circles for about 2 weeks, finally, they told me to send it in to the support team and they would fix it for free. This was surprisingly not true, it took them two weeks to get my drone and another 2 weeks to analyze my drone and another two weeks to fix it, and then they sent me a quote saying the repair for the drone was 697.83$! Half the cost of my drone! I told them that they said they would repair it for free but they said it was a mistake, they also said If I dont pay for the repair they are going to ship it back a broken drone to me and I had to pay the shipping costs. So with my hands tied behind my back, I paid for it and got the drone back in another 4 weeks 2 months passed by.
I finally got it back and was once again staggered to fly it, but soon after I got my drone back it started to malfunction in many ways. It once again had problems, the drone remote wouldn’t connect half the time, and another way is the accelerator was totally broken, as when I was hovering my drone in the air it had said that I was going over 100 miles per hour. So once again I had to contact DJI support and it took me another 2-3 weeks to get my drone actually sent in. Then they had analyzed it and quoted me a free repair, and it finally came back in the mail after another two weeks. This whole send and repair process was super bad, I had to beg them to take my drone in for repair and it took several weeks to just get them to reply to me. None the less when I contacted them several times. Most times they said that they will give me a shipping number to ship to them, but I had to contact them many times to actually get the information. After a full month, I finally got my drone and I was ready to fly and use it a lot, but guess what something else was broken now.
This time one of my batteries totally got fried from using the Mavic portable charger adapter. When I plugged the extension into my battery it produced a lot of sparks and ruined my battery. One again I contacted them and they said I would need to send it in… not surprisingly they never gave me a shipping number and for a 150$ battery, this wasn’t worth time and effort. Weeks went by and they never sent me any updates or an address to send it to me. So I went on with my drone experience and something once again went wrong...
Now the active track was totally haywire, whenever I used any active track mode it would try to go and hit the nearest object around, several times I had barely maneuvered around the obstacle it was surely going to hit. once again I tried to contact DJI but they just said my drone was out of warranty, so I have a faulty 1500$ drone that I barely even flown, and it been a full year since owning the drone. Im making this post so no one else can get scammed like me, my advice is to stay away fro DJI and go buy a drone fro another company. Im, not the only one to have problems with customer service like this, there are many other people. All in all DJI’s customer service really sucks. In total, I’ve spent over 2300$ on this drone along with 30 hours on the phone trying to get into contact with DJI all to end up in loops and a broken drone. O What do I do DJI after wasting 2000+ dollars and wasting so much of my time?

2020-6-4
Use props
fanseb1478af
lvl.1
United States

Dji sold me a broken drone and terrible service

I’ve owned the DJI ZOOM 2 for a year, I’ve had great hopes and was staggered to fly it, little did I know DJI SUCKS. After just one week of flying this drone, it crashed. This crash, believe me, was not my fault, while I had it hovering at my waist level it randomly flew up and crashed 30 miles per hour into a tree. From this moment I was really upset since my $1500+ drone just broke while it wasn’t even my fault. Soon, I contacted DJI support and they kept on taking me in circles for about 2 weeks, finally, they told me to send it in to the support team and they would fix it for free. This was surprisingly not true, it took them two weeks to get my drone and another 2 weeks to analyze my drone and another two weeks to fix it, and then they sent me a quote saying the repair for the drone was 697.83$! Half the cost of my drone! I told them that they said they would repair it for free but they said it was a mistake, they also said If I dont pay for the repair they are going to ship it back a broken drone to me and I had to pay the shipping costs. So with my hands tied behind my back, I paid for it and got the drone back in another 4 weeks 2 months passed by.
I finally got it back and was once again staggered to fly it, but soon after I got my drone back it started to malfunction in many ways. It once again had problems, the drone remote wouldn’t connect half the time, and another way is the accelerator was totally broken, as when I was hovering my drone in the air it had said that I was going over 100 miles per hour. So once again I had to contact DJI support and it took me another 2-3 weeks to get my drone actually sent in. Then they had analyzed it and quoted me a free repair, and it finally came back in the mail after another two weeks. This whole send and repair process was super bad, I had to beg them to take my drone in for repair and it took several weeks to just get them to reply to me. None the less when I contacted them several times. Most times they said that they will give me a shipping number to ship to them, but I had to contact them many times to actually get the information. After a full month, I finally got my drone and I was ready to fly and use it a lot, but guess what something else was broken now.
This time one of my batteries totally got fried from using the Mavic portable charger adapter. When I plugged the extension into my battery it produced a lot of sparks and ruined my battery. One again I contacted them and they said I would need to send it in… not surprisingly they never gave me a shipping number and for a 150$ battery, this wasn’t worth time and effort. Weeks went by and they never sent me any updates or an address to send it to me. So I went on with my drone experience and something once again went wrong...
Now the active track was totally haywire, whenever I used any active track mode it would try to go and hit the nearest object around, several times I had barely maneuvered around the obstacle it was surely going to hit. once again I tried to contact DJI but they just said my drone was out of warranty, so I have a faulty 1500$ drone that I barely even flown, and it been a full year since owning the drone. Im making this post so no one else can get scammed like me, my advice is to stay away fro DJI and go buy a drone fro another company. Im, not the only one to have problems with customer service like this, there are many other people. All in all DJI’s customer service really sucks. In total, I’ve spent over 2300$ on this drone along with 30 hours on the phone trying to get into contact with DJI all to end up in loops and a broken drone.
SO what Do I do now DJI, after wasting loads of money and hours of time...

2020-6-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We are terribly sorry to read your unpleasant experience with our repair center and customer service, this is never the experience we want you to have with us and we understand how frustrated you are. May we have the case numbers of these repairs so that we could look into and help further? Your feedback is very important and we will do our best to help here.
2020-6-4
Use props
fanseb1478af
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-4 20:02
We are terribly sorry to read your unpleasant experience with our repair center and customer service, this is never the experience we want you to have with us and we understand how frustrated you are. May we have the case numbers of these repairs so that we could look into and help further? Your feedback is very important and we will do our best to help here.

CAS-3086547-L7S1R2 CRM:0001009563171        CAS-3006744-B5J8W1
These are two case numbers, The other ones I got no confirmation and was left hanging.
2020-6-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fanseb1478af Posted at 6-4 20:07
CAS-3086547-L7S1R2 CRM:0001009563171        CAS-3006744-B5J8W1
These are two case numbers, The other ones I got no confirmation and was left hanging.

Thanks for proving us with the case numbers. Upon checking them, CAS-3006744-B5J8W1 should be the first RMA case which crashed into the trees, the drone was received on 10th, May 2019 and shipped out on 25th, May 2019, the quotation was updated twice as you requested during this time. We are sorry that you were promised free repair before sending back, but the warranty service can only be provided if the accident was caused by the product issue when the drone is still under warranty period,  we appreciate your understanding.
CAS-3086547-L7S1R2 was the second RMA case, it was checked-in the system on Jan 22 and shipped out on Jan 27 and the warranty service was provided which was a regular time frame. We apologize that it took time for the shipping and delivery, but the logistics time is not what we could control. Hope for your kind understanding.
For the battery got fried and the Active Track issue, may we verify how you contacted our support? I didn't get the email record via your Forum account, did you contact our support via the phone or the online chat? Is the contact info the same as the one you left in the previous case? If yes, we will forward to the management department for further investigation, thank you very much for your confirmation.
2020-6-4
Use props
fanseb1478af
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-4 22:51
Thanks for proving us with the case numbers. Upon checking them, CAS-3006744-B5J8W1 should be the first RMA case which crashed into the trees, the drone was received on 10th, May 2019 and shipped out on 25th, May 2019, the quotation was updated twice as you requested during this time. We are sorry that you were promised free repair before sending back, but the warranty service can only be provided if the accident was caused by the product issue when the drone is still under warranty period,  we appreciate your understanding.
CAS-3086547-L7S1R2 was the second RMA case, it was checked-in the system on Jan 22 and shipped out on Jan 27 and the warranty service was provided which was a regular time frame. We apologize that it took time for the shipping and delivery, but the logistics time is not what we could control. Hope for your kind understanding.
For the battery got fried and the Active Track issue, may we verify how you contacted our support? I didn't get the email record via your Forum account, did you contact our support via the phone or the online chat? Is the contact info the same as the one you left in the previous case? If yes, we will forward to the management department for further investigation, thank you very much for your confirmation.

Yes, besides these forever long taking cases, and the argument of myself crashing ton to the trees was false. The Dji team kept accusing me of crashing into the trees while I haven’t even had my hand on the controller.. but beyond that I paid as its lnown before, and I had made several calls about the battery and received no confirmation. I have not contacted about the active track yet because it’s out of warranty and you guys will go in circles before having me send it in to get it repaired, and even then I will be paying a lot of money for this drone which already I have spent a lot of money on. Please get back to me as soon as possible. The amount of time I’ve wasted contacting Dji is greater than the time I’ve actually flown my drone.
2020-6-4
Use props
fanseb1478af
lvl.1
United States

fanseb1478af Posted at 6-4 22:58
Yes, besides these forever long taking cases, and the argument of myself crashing ton to the trees was false. The Dji team kept accusing me of crashing into the trees while I haven’t even had my hand on the controller.. but beyond that I paid as its lnown before, and I had made several calls about the battery and received no confirmation. I have not contacted about the active track yet because it’s out of warranty and you guys will go in circles before having me send it in to get it repaired, and even then I will be paying a lot of money for this drone which already I have spent a lot of money on. Please get back to me as soon as possible. The amount of time I’ve wasted contacting Dji is greater than the time I’ve actually flown my drone.

I have also spent countless hours on the Dji messenger chats trying to fix this given issue.
2020-6-4
Use props
fanseb1478af
lvl.1
United States

fanseb1478af Posted at 6-4 22:58

I have also spent countless hours on the Dji messenger chats trying to fix this given issue.
2020-6-4
Use props
sparkyfarkylive.com.au
New
Flight distance : 3707 ft
Australia

Ive just brought my dji mini 2weeks ago, enjoyed  and loved the safety features....
unfortunately today when i took it out to fly, the camera moves but doesnt seem to be able to complete its  calibration.....
Plz help!! Am i missing something?? Or should i go return it back to store??
2020-6-4
Use props
fanseb1478af
lvl.1
United States

I would recommend returning it, Dji service is a huge pain in the back, even if they get it repaired it will be very expensive. I’m going to be posting on my socials and YouTube about this massive flaw in dji.
2020-6-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fanseb1478af Posted at 6-4 23:01
I have also spent countless hours on the Dji messenger chats trying to fix this given issue.

Your experience has been escalated to the higher-level team for further investigation and follow-up, we will have someone to contact you soon, please wait patiently, thank you.
2020-6-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

sparkyfarkylive.com.au Posted at 6-4 23:07
Ive just brought my dji mini 2weeks ago, enjoyed  and loved the safety features....
unfortunately today when i took it out to fly, the camera moves but doesnt seem to be able to complete its  calibration.....
Plz help!! Am i missing something?? Or should i go return it back to store??

Hi there, sorry for the difficulties with the Mavic Mini, was the drone crashed or encountered the hard-landing? Are you referring to the gimbal that could not complete the self-check right? If yes, please double-check whether the gimbal was stuck by anything. Please ensure to place the drone on the flat surface and try again. Then check whether there is any error message in the APP?
2020-6-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Sorry to bother you again, we didn't find the phone record via your phone number left in the previous case, either the chat record, could you please PM me your own phone number that you used to call our hotline and the email account you used to contact the online chat? Or are you referring to the Facebook Message? If yes, could PM us your Facebook username, thank you.
2020-6-5
Use props
fanseb1478af
lvl.1
United States

I have sent all the information over. Im just thinking about how many more hours I'm going to waste my time on DJI.
2020-6-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fanseb1478af Posted at 6-5 10:06
I have sent all the information over. Im just thinking about how many more hours I'm going to waste my time on DJI.

Thank you so much for taking time to provide us the personal information, our manager will keep following up your case and contact you in working hours, hope your concerns will be solved soon.
2020-6-5
Use props
fanseb1478af
lvl.1
United States

I really hope so..
2020-6-5
Use props
fanseb1478af
lvl.1
United States

How long do I have to wait once again for that?
2020-6-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fanseb1478af Posted at 6-5 20:03
How long do I have to wait once again for that?

Our manager shall contact you within 24-48 working hours, I will keep an eye on it.
2020-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules