"Gentle GPS", "Joystick", "Adv Landing"?
1172 4 2020-6-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Flygmaskin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 70719 ft
Sweden

Hi DJI and users of their fantastic products!

I just bought a used Mavic 2 Zoom and made two test flights yesterday. In the logs, uploaded to phantomhelp.com I saw some flight modes that are new to me (only having used Spark and Mavic Pro before). Those flight modes were as in the subject, 'Gentle GPS', 'Joystick' and 'Adv Landing'. Most of the time it was flying in P-GPS (as intended).

Would appreciate if someone here could clarify to me what those entries mean. Thank you in advance, safe flying to you all.

The flight log for reference: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/7JW84C4U2VQY32OLORDC/#

2020-6-4
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

GentleGps = APAS enabled
Adv Landing = Quickshots...

Joystick = always seen momentarily, guess its switching between mode, you cannot fly in a Joystick mode.

cheers
JJB
analysis1.png
2020-6-4
Use props
Flygmaskin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 70719 ft
Sweden

JJB* Posted at 6-4 23:26
GentleGps = APAS enabled
Adv Landing = Quickshots...

[Image]

Thanks a lot for explaining! Looks like your right on the ‘Joystick’ as well.

So I assume then that if APAS (logged as Gentle GPS) would be unavailable, for example because of low light levels, the AC will switch from P-GPS(APAS) to just P-GPS?

In entry ID 3245 I saw ‘HdgValue correct?’ Any knowledge what that might be about?

This AC was bought second hand as mentioned, so I’m a bit cautious yet. When the seller showed me the condition, the AC reported magnetic interference in the Go4 app. Seller then quickly calibrated.

When I took the AC home I made two flights and when turning on the RC and AC, the RC gave warning for mag interference, check app. App said that compass was fine. I then calibrated (not near metal objects ofc) and flew. Next flight neither AC nor RC displayed any warning.

Having experienced compass errors before (including the oh so pleasing “Compass error, exit P-GPS”) and near fly aways I am a bit nervous. Can AC logs be viewed for previous errors if retrieved?
2020-6-5
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Flygmaskin Posted at 6-5 04:15
Thanks a lot for explaining! Looks like your right on the ‘Joystick’ as well.

So I assume then that if APAS (logged as Gentle GPS) would be unavailable, for example because of low light levels, the AC will switch from P-GPS(APAS) to just P-GPS?

Hi,

Its my pleasure to help if i can.

My message "HdgValue correct" is not a DJI message, just a yaw check in my program, if often seen than the yaw values (compass hdg) are mayby incorrect. This only once in your 18m44s of flight, so no worries.

If you compass is calibrated oke, than it must be good to fly.
But always check before take-off if the heading in the app is the same as the actual heading.
If not the same than don`t start a flight!

Ofcourse old flightlogs can be checked. I always fly with a screen recorder active, after the daily flight i download flight.txt logs and DAT files before syncing with DJI.
Analyse each flight to see and learn more...

Not sure if APAS is disabled automatically when flying outside the APAS needed specs, think it will just stop working....But will check this out if the weather is good to fly in my countrty, still waiting to launch ny MA2 for the first time!

cheers
JJB

2020-6-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Flygmaskin. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I hope that you will get the best information with regards to this inquiry from our DJI co pilots who uses the phantomhelp.com. Thank you for your support and fly safe always.
2020-6-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules