1.1.4 or 1.1.2 ?
1781 15 2020-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alex_alb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260735 ft
Portugal

What is the latest version of this application?
On my Samsung S20 +, I received version 1.1.4 today for update.
On another phone, installed at the factory, without any application, I downloaded the app (google store) and got version 1.1.2. The cell phone is a Huawiei P20.

2020-6-5
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 380978 ft
United Kingdom

I posted on this yesterday the releases are somewhat sporadic DJI download was still at 1.1.0, playstore 1.1.2 and now reports of 1.1.4 in the wild.  It would appear Samsung handsets are seeing it first on Android based on recent forum chatter I'm still not seeing any sign of it (Sony handsets) yet but it will be along shortly I'm sure.

There is an apk being shared but it depends if you want to install from unknown source.
2020-6-5
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
Flight distance : 634505 ft
  • >>>
United States

wow... where are the updates for the Smart Controller or even IOS?
Gee.. Why can't they make an announcement?
They had no trouble to announce the product and the prices.
2020-6-6
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

BaynhamPhoto Posted at 6-5 03:12
I posted on this yesterday the releases are somewhat sporadic DJI download was still at 1.1.0, playstore 1.1.2 and now reports of 1.1.4 in the wild.  It would appear Samsung handsets are seeing it first on Android based on recent forum chatter I'm still not seeing any sign of it (Sony handsets) yet but it will be along shortly I'm sure.

There is an apk being shared but it depends if you want to install from unknown source.

hi can you share the apk link?
2020-6-6
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
United Kingdom

ET214 Posted at 6-6 10:01
hi can you share the apk link?

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-fly/dji-fly-1-1-4-release/dji-fly-1-1-4-android-apk-download/
2020-6-6
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

BaynhamPhoto Posted at 6-6 10:56
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-fly/dji-fly-1-1-4-release/dji-fly-1-1-4-android-apk-download/

hi thanks.. I'll try and install it on my Smart Controller and see if it works
2020-6-6
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Smart controller?  The apk is for Android handsets not the controller currently.
2020-6-6
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hi i found another link
https://apkcombo.com/en-ch/dji-fly/dji.go.v5/
it was posted in another thread here on the forum

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=217387&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D556%26typeid%3D556

2020-6-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out. The Android version for the DJI Fly V1.1.4 has been released last June 05, 2020. Here is what’s new on the said update.

- Updates icons for the remote controller signal and GPS signal.
- Adds Target Scanning toggle in Control settings. When enabled, aircraft will automatically scan and display targets in the Camera View (only compatible with Mavic Air 2).
- Free Hyperlapse mode now supports the Spotlight function. After users drag a box to select a target, the target automatically stays centered in the shot (only compatible with Mavic Air 2).
- Fixes crashing issues and improves app stability.

Thank you.
2020-6-9
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

BaynhamPhoto Posted at 6-6 12:13
Smart controller?  The apk is for Android handsets not the controller currently.

The Smart Controller is an Android device.
I've already downloaded and installed the version listed at DJI .
2020-6-10
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
United Kingdom

ET214 Posted at 6-10 20:14
The Smart Controller is an Android device.
I've already downloaded and installed the version listed at DJI .

True but useless without the firmware update DJI need to provide as far as I'm aware, would be good if you could share how some screens and impression of how it's looking on the SC though.
2020-6-10
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

BaynhamPhoto Posted at 6-10 23:58
True but useless without the firmware update DJI need to provide as far as I'm aware, would be good if you could share how some screens and impression of how it's looking on the SC though.

Here is is with the Mavic Pro 2 ( and flying...) Even though the Mavic Air 2 is listed, I could not connect. Only my Mavic 2 Pro would connect.Strange.. but it is the Smart Controller.

2020-6-11
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
United Kingdom

ET214 Posted at 6-11 07:09
Here is is with the Mavic Pro 2 ( and flying...) Even though the Mavic Air 2 is listed, I could not connect. Only my Mavic 2 Pro would connect.Strange.. but it is the Smart Controller.
[view_image]
[view_image]

Flying the MP2 using the Fly app thats worth a
2020-6-11
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

BaynhamPhoto Posted at 6-11 08:49
Flying the MP2 using the Fly app thats worth a

yes and no... The Go 4 app is so much better. It's what I'm used to flying with/
I cannot understand why DJI went with this app for this drone. But then they never asked us .
The Fly app is simple but if someone has been flying DJI drones for over 2-3 years, there's a learning curve and a letdown.
I'm trying to adjust with the Mavic Air 2...
2020-6-11
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
United Kingdom

ET214 Posted at 6-11 10:44
yes and no... The Go 4 app is so much better. It's what I'm used to flying with/
I cannot understand why DJI went with this app for this drone. But then they never asked us .
The Fly app is simple but if someone has been flying DJI drones for over 2-3 years, there's a learning curve and a letdown.

It seems to be a common complaint but clear that DJI see fly as the future certainly at consumer level. There are supposed to be Q3 changes that might improve the experience but its unclear if that will be anywhere near Go4 features.  If the road map is use Fly for the next pro we might see a decent development but  features are becoming dynamic depending on drone hooked up so we may not see all on the Air2.
2020-6-11
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

BaynhamPhoto Posted at 6-11 11:30
It seems to be a common complaint but clear that DJI see fly as the future certainly at consumer level. There are supposed to be Q3 changes that might improve the experience but its unclear if that will be anywhere near Go4 features.  If the road map is use Fly for the next pro we might see a decent development but  features are becoming dynamic depending on drone hooked up so we may not see all on the Air2.

Lets just hope for the best.
I would have thought that the compatibility with the Smart Controller would have been released.  But i guess it will have the same  time frame as the compatibility with the Phantom 4 pro v. 2. ( 6 months -12 months)
So sorry i sold my  original Mavic Air before getting this.  
2020-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules