o(^-^)o
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Hello DJI
Hello Everyone

I have updated the DJI FLY 1.1.2 to 1.1.4 and I can't find the "Adds Target Scanning toggle in Control settings. When enabled, aircraft will automatically scan and display targets in the Camera View (only compatible with Mavic Air 2)"

There is no option like this in the control settings menu
Can you help me in which case it appears?
2020-6-5
Use props
embe71
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3353 ft
Germany

Only for US. Drones for EU and other markets don't have the hardware (yet). Besides it makes less sense in other markets sice airspace is not so tight.
2020-6-5
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 380978 ft
United Kingdom

embe71 Posted at 6-5 11:22
Only for US. Drones for EU and other markets don't have the hardware (yet). Besides it makes less sense in other markets sice airspace is not so tight.

Where is the detail stating this is a US only function, Have you link to DJI qualification statement? Change note doesn't mention only for airsense
2020-6-5
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
  • >>>
Greece

This has to do with active track only nothing else hardware or software
2020-6-5
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
  • >>>
Greece

DJI please answer that
2020-6-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Niknik, thanks for your feedback, DJI FLY APP V1.1.4 was released in stages, I haven't received it at this moment. I will verify with our engineers and come back to you soon, please wait a moment, thank you.
2020-6-6
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
  • >>>
Greece

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-6 02:10
Hi Niknik, thanks for your feedback, DJI FLY APP V1.1.4 was released in stages, I haven't received it at this moment. I will verify with our engineers and come back to you soon, please wait a moment, thank you.

so you are saying that You released a new version adding this mode and the mode is not there?
2020-6-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Niknik Posted at 6-6 02:31
so you are saying that You released a new version adding this mode and the mode is not there?

That is not what I mean. It is a new feature and is definitely there in the APP. I mean I have not received the new version of the APP because it was a phased release, therefore, I'm unable to send you the screenshot, I will get it from our engineers and keep you updated soon.
2020-6-6
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
  • >>>
Greece

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-6 02:40
That is not what I mean. It is a new feature and is definitely there in the APP. I mean I have not received the new version of the APP because it was a phased release, therefore, I'm unable to send you the screenshot, I will get it from our engineers and keep you updated soon.

Ok then I will wait for that
2020-6-6
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-6 02:40

here you can get it for android...i guess it will be faster than getting it from your colleagues, which is more than strange and kind of ridiculous, don't you think? as phased as it is the current process of app updates is beyond crappy!!!

https://apkcombo.com/en-ch/dji-fly/dji.go.v5/
2020-6-6
Use props
B737ng
lvl.3
Flight distance : 297106 ft
Ireland

Looking at various Air 2 teardowns, US and EU models appear to have identical hardware . The ADS-B module ( AirSense) cannot be found on either models.
So its either build lt inside the controller or its a software upgrade that works via live internet connection.
I suspect is the latter. We will see.

2020-6-6
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

B737ng Posted at 6-6 07:52
Looking at various Air 2 teardowns, US and EU models appear to have identical hardware . The ADS-B module ( AirSense) cannot be found on either models.
So its either build lt inside the controller or its a software upgrade that works via live internet connection.
I suspect is the latter. We will see.

they clearly stated numerous times it is hardware and it is in the drone itself! as much as you wish if you didn't buy it from North America you won't have it....
2020-6-6
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 795653 ft
United Kingdom

This question has got nothing to do with Airsense
2020-6-6
Use props
B737ng
lvl.3
Ireland

sbonev Posted at 6-6 08:41
they clearly stated numerous times it is hardware and it is in the drone itself! as much as you wish if you didn't buy it from North America you won't have it....

As I said this whole airsense is very unclear yet. The ADS-B module is physically just too big to have inside the Air 2 drone.

The other strange thing is that when you spoof GPS position to US, you get option of Airsense, as you can see in my photo below.

And this is on the EU drone
2020-6-6
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

B737ng Posted at 6-6 09:13
As I said this whole airsense is very unclear yet. The ADS-B module is physically just too big to have inside the Air 2 drone.

The other strange thing is that when you spoof GPS position to US, you get option of Airsense, as you can see in my photo below.

what exactly is unclear?! they said it is hardware, which makes it clear. seeing that option in the app and even switching it on does not mean you will get anything out of it...without the hardware you won't get a single detection!
2020-6-6
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
United Kingdom

sbonev Posted at 6-6 09:17
what exactly is unclear?! they said it is hardware, which makes it clear. seeing that option in the app and even switching it on does not mean you will get anything out of it...without the hardware you won't get a single detection!

So are we assuming 'target scanning toggle' is just for switching ADS-B on & off and can anybody confirm this wasnt there on 1.1.2 as frankly the DJI change note isnt clear & should identify US vs EU functions having chosen to deploy differing models...crazy
2020-6-6
Use props
B737ng
lvl.3
Ireland

sbonev Posted at 6-6 09:17

If it so clear to you, can you please point out some facts about this Airsense then? Is it a hardware, where is it located, is the module, the principal it works on, where are the manuals, etc?

Im an aeronautical engineer and atpl and I know very well how ads-b works and have fitted numerous ADSb modules to various aircraft, but as I said above, its very unclear how did DJI incorporate this Airsense into an Air 2 drone.

And if you read my post again, looking at both US and EU Air 2 internals, they have identical hardware, unless you prove me wrong by showing the factual example and not what DJI said. We are here to explore and talk about it and find out how the system works.

I could easily buy one from the states, but thats not the point here. The US models dont work in 90% cases either

As a DJI owner I expected Air 2 to come with this feature as thats what DJI promised.
"All Dji Drones from Jan 2020 will come with Airsense as standard" And they haven’t nt
2020-6-6
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

B737ng Posted at 6-6 10:16
If it so clear to you, can you please point out some facts about this Airsense then? Is it a hardware, where is it located, is the module, the principal it works on, where are the manuals, etc?

Im an aeronautical engineer and atpl and I know very well how ads-b works and have fitted numerous ADSb modules to various aircraft, but as I said above, its very unclear how did DJI incorporate this Airsense into an Air 2 drone.

they explicitly said only north america gets it. if you don't like it don't buy it. i don't see what more facts you need. All is available online - ads-b is hardware receiver plain and simple and is on the drone. there are some articles on how it works on dji site. manuals for what? how to read the warnings on the screen? if you know how it works, why you need manuals. if you have installed it why you need more clarification of how it works and what is it?
How are you sure EU and US internals are identical? have you disassembled both and checked them?
And lastly as an engineer you can disassemble your drone and prove me wrong by finding it on the EU version!
2020-6-6
Use props
Pappy3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

Based on the bullet for What's New - "Adds Target Scanning toggle in Control settings. When enabled, aircraft will automatically scan and display targets in the Camera View (only compatible with Mavic Air 2)." I would think this has more to do with Active Track than AirSense. I can't image displaying a moving bug in camera view to indicate a plane. I'm thinking it will show multiple targets you can seledct when going into Active Track mode and that this feature will not show up until the next FW update.
2020-6-6
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Pappy3 Posted at 6-6 12:17
Based on the bullet for What's New - "Adds Target Scanning toggle in Control settings. When enabled, aircraft will automatically scan and display targets in the Camera View (only compatible with Mavic Air 2)." I would think this has more to do with Active Track than AirSense. I can't image displaying a moving bug in camera view to indicate a plane. I'm thinking it will show multiple targets you can seledct when going into Active Track mode and that this feature will not show up until the next FW update.

My thoughts exactly but wondering how that might impact current spotlight feature as you can select a target in stills mode already
2020-6-6
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
  • >>>
Greece

BaynhamPhoto Posted at 6-6 09:49
So are we assuming 'target scanning toggle' is just for switching ADS-B on & off and can anybody confirm this wasnt there on 1.1.2 as frankly the DJI change note isnt clear & should identify US vs EU functions having chosen to deploy differing models...crazy

This means that instead of drawing a square on someone or something for tracking this will have crosses to press in all the things or persons that will recognize. For example if there are two people and a car it will have three crosses and you select the one You need
2020-6-6
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Niknik Posted at 6-6 13:41
This means that instead of drawing a square on someone or something for tracking this will have crosses to press in all the things or persons that will recognize. For example if there are two people and a car it will have three crosses and you select the one You need

Whilst I agree with you this is again an assumption based on personal interpretation of the change statement without any substantiation from DJI for now it looks like waiting for an Air 2 firmware update before anything becomes visible in the app.
2020-6-7
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
  • >>>
Greece

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-6 02:10

Well DJI Mindy did You find anything?
2020-6-9
Use props
Mirek L
Second Officer
Flight distance : 609724 ft
Canada

BaynhamPhoto Posted at 6-6 09:49
So are we assuming 'target scanning toggle' is just for switching ADS-B on & off and can anybody confirm this wasnt there on 1.1.2 as frankly the DJI change note isnt clear & should identify US vs EU functions having chosen to deploy differing models...crazy

Switching ADB-S on/off was available in DJI Fly 1.1.2.

Mirek
2020-6-9
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Mirek L Posted at 6-9 10:04
Switching ADB-S on/off was available in DJI Fly 1.1.2.

Mirek

Yup that was kinda rhetorical but I've asked about the target scanning directly & DJI offer no comment over follow the sm channels for updates.  Might be in the app but likely needs a fw update on the drone.
2020-6-9
Use props
Mirek L
Second Officer
Canada

BaynhamPhoto Posted at 6-9 10:24
Yup that was kinda rhetorical but I've asked about the target scanning directly & DJI offer no comment over follow the sm channels for updates.  Might be in the app but likely needs a fw update on the drone.

Yes, perhaps - I can't find it in the app.
2020-6-9
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
  • >>>
Greece

Mirek L Posted at 6-9 10:04
Switching ADB-S on/off was available in DJI Fly 1.1.2.

Mirek

This topic has nothing to do with the ADS-B
2020-6-9
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Niknik Posted at 6-9 14:13

Do people actually think that DJI would refer to manned aircraft as 'targets' and that we'll now see dots all over the FPV about air traffic control hahahaha
You are quite right - this update is for Active Track 3.0 to pick up targets (meaning subjects to photograph &/or record) on the FPV in the same way as Quick Shots with the ability to toggle off the scanning feature in the app. DJI often release app updates that coincide with firmware updates that seldom come out at the same time. We'll undoubtedly see a firmware update very soon and all will be revealed. I'm also expecting gimbal sensitivity settings to be included, we'll see.
2020-6-9
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
  • >>>
Greece

A J Posted at 6-9 14:37
Do people actually think that DJI would refer to manned aircraft as 'targets' and that we'll now see dots all over the FPV about air traffic control hahahaha
You are quite right - this update is for Active Track 3.0 to pick up targets (meaning subjects to photograph &/or record) on the FPV in the same way as Quick Shots with the ability to toggle off the scanning feature in the app. DJI often release app updates that coincide with firmware updates that seldom come out at the same time. We'll undoubtedly see a firmware update very soon and all will be revealed. I'm also expecting gimbal sensitivity settings to be included, we'll see.

I totally agree with you. But maybe is better to hear it or read it to be more precise from DJI itself
2020-6-9
Use props
Mirek L
Second Officer
Canada

Niknik Posted at 6-9 14:13

Niknik,

I was replying to BaynhamPhoto who specifically asked for somebody to confirm that ADB-S on/off switch was available in 1.1.2. I confirmed that it was.
And yes - really nothing to do with this thread but somebody ask, I help :-)

Mirek
2020-6-9
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Niknik Posted at 6-9 14:58
I totally agree with you. But maybe is better to hear it or read it to be more precise from DJI itself

I'd rather they just did it so we can use it.
2020-6-9
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 6-9 23:58
I'd rather they just did it so we can use it.

Yes I think we'd all agree with that sentiment but the no sign of the firmware yet and it's not good when an app update is issued and DJI reps can't answer queries because they haven't seen it.  Can only hope for good things in the next drop a lot was being mooted for Q3 time will tell.
2020-6-10
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BaynhamPhoto Posted at 6-10 00:19
Yes I think we'd all agree with that sentiment but the no sign of the firmware yet and it's not good when an app update is issued and DJI reps can't answer queries because they haven't seen it.  Can only hope for good things in the next drop a lot was being mooted for Q3 time will tell.

Fingers crossed though in my experience the gap between a new app and FW version isn't usually that long - I think we'll see something this month.
2020-6-10
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 6-10 00:59
Fingers crossed though in my experience the gap between a new app and FW version isn't usually that long - I think we'll see something this month.

OR for 1.1.4 Fly was 05/06/20 so maybe a mid month FW drop if not sooner with some better weather to try it out.
2020-6-10
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BaynhamPhoto Posted at 6-10 01:16
OR for 1.1.4 Fly was 05/06/20 so maybe a mid month FW drop if not sooner with some better weather to try it out.

Now that would be good!
2020-6-10
Use props
Thunderhawk
lvl.2
Germany

Nothing for iOS ?
2020-6-11
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
  • >>>
Greece

Nothing for anything
2020-6-11
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

I don’t know why you guys are fussing all over this. I don’t even know why DJI engineers are wasting their time with this, seems like a silly feature (having green + signs all over my screen all the time? I can’t imagine turning that on), there are so many more things in the Fly app they could be working on...... like being able to see the battery status without pointing the gimbal to the ground....
2020-6-11
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Ice_2k Posted at 6-11 12:12
I don’t know why you guys are fussing all over this. I don’t even know why DJI engineers are wasting their time with this, seems like a silly feature (having green + signs all over my screen all the time? I can’t imagine turning that on), there are so many more things in the Fly app they could be working on...... like being able to see the battery status without pointing the gimbal to the ground....

DJi must think there is demand for the feature and also some users wont want it given the switch in settings hopefully its not on by default. I'm ok with the current spotlight option & drawing the box personally. I agree there is more value in status bar shading for legibility & also gimbal pitch speed control there should be quite a list with development based on early feedback alone by now but how and is it prioritised?
2020-6-11
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
  • >>>
Greece

OK PROBLEM SOLVED FIRMWARE.0250 and DJI FLY 1.1.5
2020-6-19
Use props
12Next >
Advanced