RC Signal Lost
4369 7 2020-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chris946
New
United States

I bought my Phantom 3 standard about 3 years ago and I havent used it for over a year. Just a few days ago I brought it out to use it everything was going normal but now whenever i fly it the drone doesnt go over 650-700 ft away from the home point. I looked up how to solve it and I re-linked the drone and the rc control but it still would't work. Everytime I fly it 650-700 ft away it says "RC Signal Lost". I checked and the drone says it has the latest firmware installed on it also. I am looking for help to fix this please.
2020-6-5
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Hi Chris,
First:what version of FW is on your system and what version of Go app on yoour mobile?
2nd: what altituede had your bird in that moment the RC signal eas lost after 150-230 meters  ?
3rd: in what area was this issue,rural or urban?
2020-6-5
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Try in a rural area where there is not other wifi interference.  This is common for the P3S.
2020-6-5
Use props
chris946
New
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 6-5 11:29
Try in a rural area where there is not other wifi interference.  This is common for the P3S.

Okay will do, thanks.
2020-6-5
Use props
chris946
New
United States

Peterx Posted at 6-5 11:17
Hi Chris,
First:what version of FW is on your system and what version of Go app on yoour mobile?
2nd: what altituede had your bird in that moment the RC signal eas lost after 150-230 meters  ?

I have the latest 3.1.64 version on the DJI Go App.
In the app it says I have the latest firmware installed on my drone.
When I was flying it I was only about 150 ft off the ground, may need to go higher because of the interfearence?
I am in a rural area but there are plenty of houses on my round around me
2020-6-5
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

chris946 Posted at 6-5 15:23
I have the latest 3.1.64 version on the DJI Go App.
In the app it says I have the latest firmware installed on my drone.
When I was flying it I was only about 150 ft off the ground, may need to go higher because of the interfearence?

'I am in a rural area but there are plenty of houses on my round around me'

And each one of them probably has a WiFi router in it. Your main source of interference.
2020-6-5
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Normally in FCC mode the P3S is able to get a distance of nearest a kilometer in 120 meters of altitude. The interferences are detected by WIFI 2.4 GHz  and not by control signal 5.8 GHz but the signal of 5.8 GHz is weaker than the signal by 2.4
Here in CE mode i could fly further than 400 meters in distance by 100 meters  of altituge some times in rural area and 300 meters in urban areas in the same altitude. Do you adjused the antenna parallel to the landig gear or not?
2020-6-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there chris946. I am sorry to know that you are having this issue with your DJI Phantom 3 Standard. Kindly please check whether the remote controller's antennas are placed properly, you may refer to the below tutorial video.In addition kindly please fly your DJI Phantom 3 Standard to another open field without interference to check there will be changes, you may enable the flight mode when flying. Thank you.

2020-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules