RC not connected to...
3094 12 2020-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
btmone
New

United States

I am having some issues with my Mavic Mini...it gives me a warning in red that my "RC is not connected to..." but it doesnt connect to the drone, but not sure if this is the warning or if its not connected to my phone or what?
Does DJI have a guide that shows what the warning messages are and how to resolve through troubleshooting?

I have looked through the PDF and there is nothing that shows what warning messages there are or what they mean and how to resolve.

How can you help me with this issue?

RC not connected

RC not connected
2020-6-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi btmone, sorry for the troubles with the APP, it means the RC failed to connect to your mobile device. Firstly, please ensure the DJI Fly is the latest version, please unplug the cable and plug again after 10 seconds, reboot the RC.  
For Android mobile phone, please check whether you have enabled the USB Debugging in the Developer option of your phone. If not, enable it. When the phone connects to the RC, there should be a pop-up window of 'USB Connect Method', you could select 'Charge Only' for most of the phones, a small part of phones needs to select Media (MTP) Camera (PTP) Mode.
If you have iOS mobile phones and Android phone, please try them both to isolate the problem.
2020-6-5
Use props
djiuser_jl8b7qxPfeJt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 337756 ft
United States

Having same issue with Mavic Air 2. All iOS and firmware updates are current. Tried different mobile devices and cables. Nothing. Any clue on how to resolve from anyone?
2020-6-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_jl8b7qxPfeJt Posted at 6-6 10:36
Having same issue with Mavic Air 2. All iOS and firmware updates are current. Tried different mobile devices and cables. Nothing. Any clue on how to resolve from anyone?

Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience. Could you please show me a screenshot of the error message in your app? And what is your DJI Fly app version, please? I'd like to help you check it, thanks.
2020-6-6
Use props
djiuser_vYtVzhCpKbYI
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18563 ft
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-6 20:21
Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience. Could you please show me a screenshot of the error message in your app? And what is your DJI Fly app version, please? I'd like to help you check it, thanks.

Hey can you plz help me
Screenshot_20200605-005230.jpg
2020-6-7
Use props
djiuser_vYtVzhCpKbYI
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18563 ft
Canada

djiuser_vYtVzhCpKbYI Posted at 6-7 15:03
Hey can you plz help me[Image]

This is what it says and im on dji assistant but its not telling me there is anytjing wrong with it
Screenshot_20200605-005447.jpg
Screenshot_20200605-005016.jpg
2020-6-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about the issue with your drone, kindly please contact our support via http://www.dji.com/support to open a case and send the drone in for a diagnosis, we'll do our best to help this out.
2020-6-8
Use props
KEndicott
lvl.1

United States

I cannot get the RC Not connected message to go away. I have tried every method of starting and restarting my phone, drone, and remote and nothing seems to work. I cannot update the app without being connected to the aircraft. The other issue I seem to be having which perhaps is the main reason this is happening is that the remote does not appear to be charging when plugged into various different chargers and cords. What can I do to restart the remote and hopefully take care of the RC Not connected message. Super frustrated - missed out on some great opportunities for footage this past weekend : /
2020-9-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

KEndicott Posted at 9-4 05:14
I cannot get the RC Not connected message to go away. I have tried every method of starting and restarting my phone, drone, and remote and nothing seems to work. I cannot update the app without being connected to the aircraft. The other issue I seem to be having which perhaps is the main reason this is happening is that the remote does not appear to be charging when plugged into various different chargers and cords. What can I do to restart the remote and hopefully take care of the RC Not connected message. Super frustrated - missed out on some great opportunities for footage this past weekend : /

Hi KEndicott, I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties that you encountered. May I know the model of your drone? Could you please show us a screenshot of the error message in your app? I'd like to help you check it, thanks.
2020-9-4
Use props
djiuser_5IrQ7xKnoLlr
New

Mexico

I am having trouble linking my mini 2. Do I need to install a microchip in order to link the remote. No matter how many times i try it won't  link. I am new to the drone.
2021-12-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_5IrQ7xKnoLlr Posted at 12-26 19:54
I am having trouble linking my mini 2. Do I need to install a microchip in order to link the remote. No matter how many times i try it won't  link. I am new to the drone.

Hello there, thank you for reaching out. May I double confirm if you are able to control the gimbal by the controller? If yes, the connection issue is between the controller and mobile device.
You may check out this article https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=256608 for troubleshooting the issue first.
Please keep us updated if the issue persists.
2021-12-27
Use props
AVerStay
New

United States

Why did my dji Air 2 come with a micro to USB C cable for the remote when it's a USB C TO USB C connection?! Why?
2021-12-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

AVerStay Posted at 12-28 08:11
Why did my dji Air 2 come with a micro to USB C cable for the remote when it's a USB C TO USB C connection?! Why?

Hi there, just to clarify, the micro USB to USB-C cable is for charging the controller and connecting the aircraft to the computer.
Mavic Air 2 comes with a cable with USB-C to USB-C connector for connecting the mobile device and controller. Please check if you can find the cable. Thank you.
2021-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules