DJI you need to FIX and ANSWER this ISSUE!!!
9650 52 2020-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lvl.2
United States

Sean Spencer Posted at 10-23 18:23
Congratulations on identifying the exact root causes! Fixing problems like this can suck up days or even weeks of our spare time and you basically need enough spare parts to build half a dozen drones to be able to isolate the exact problem.

Now if only DJI would come out with an updated version of the air unit hardware that fixes the root cause of most of our problems, which is probably insufficient computing power in the air unit combined with too much heat!

Exactly! Even on firmware 6 my air unit still won’t record more than 4 min unless I stop the auto record and then start to record again, then it works for for the entire flight so far I’ve gone 8 min no issue. so that’s def a software issue that they claimed version 6 fixed but myself and many others still have that issue
2020-10-23
Use props
Alf_Skaar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 159567 ft
Norway

If you are an expirens builder you will know that the MMCX connector need to be locked down it can not move. The vibrations make jittery on it so it need to be zip tied down.
DJI don't understand the problem since they most likely is doing all the testing in the lab. And the lab doesn't vibrate.
I have not invested in DJI yet are most likely staying with Analog or going with SharkByte.

The incompetents from DJI is interesting they just don't seem to understand surten things scary how many good things I could have done to help them.

Making a product is not hard. Makeing a product that have a vision that everyone understands is only possible with knowledge & experience.
2020-10-23
Use props
lvl.2
United States

Alf_Skaar Posted at 10-23 23:46
If you are an expirens builder you will know that the MMCX connector need to be locked down it can not move. The vibrations make jittery on it so it need to be zip tied down.
DJI don't understand the problem since they most likely is doing all the testing in the lab. And the lab doesn't vibrate.
I have not invested in DJI yet are most likely staying with Analog or going with SharkByte.

I get all that and agree with you. Most companies have no clue what the hobby and the people need, I find so many dumb mistakes all the time. On my build it wasn’t an mmcx it’s a white locking plug, the mmcx is the ants and they have stayed solid
2020-10-24
Use props
fansb42ee14a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 322 ft
Germany

So....it was your fault...but u yelled on DJI...sorry - thats crap
2020-11-11
Use props
lvl.2
United States

fansb42ee14a Posted at 11-11 09:16
So....it was your fault...but u yelled on DJI...sorry - thats crap

IT WAS STILL THEIR FAULTY WIRING HARNESS/PLUG CONNECTOR!!! I’ve built over 25 drones and I’ve never had a connector loose connection in flight like this. At least I posted the solution so others would know the true issue. And when I first posted this was because no one at DJI would answer my direct messages and emails. So I was frustrated.

People like you is why I HATE forum boards.

Go troll somewhere else.

2020-11-11
Use props
lvl.2
United States

fansb42ee14a Posted at 11-11 09:16
So....it was your fault...but u yelled on DJI...sorry - thats crap

AND THEY STILL HAVE THE SLOW CARD WRITE/STOPS RECORDING IN FLIGHT AND THAT IS THEIR FAULT WITH NO REMEDY YET. SO SUCK IT BUDDY!
2020-11-11
Use props
Rodolfo Vaz
lvl.2
Brazil

@twitchfpv Posted at 2020-6-6 07:24
Information DJI requested

Video Transmission Distance:

Hi there, have you solved this problem? I have just finished building a 5" DJI air unit quad and I get frozen video on the goggles whenever I try to do a roll.
2021-2-3
Use props
lvl.2
United States

Rodolfo Vaz Posted at 2-3 03:49
Hi there, have you solved this problem? I have just finished building a 5" DJI air unit quad and I get frozen video on the goggles whenever I try to do a roll.

I did several things but I think the thing that helped the most was the plug that went into the air unit was not getting good connection so I changed that out to a new one but if yours is a new build I’m not sure, the other thing make sure you have a large capacitor on your power lead and even though mine had a plug for the flight controller I cut that off and I soldered it to the fly controller directly and some of my drones I put on a voltage regulator that way it got good power without having to go through the flight controller stack, the power regulator I put directly on the battery lead
2021-2-3
Use props
Rodolfo Vaz
lvl.2
Brazil

@twitchfpv Posted at 2-3 12:30
I did several things but I think the thing that helped the most was the plug that went into the air unit was not getting good connection so I changed that out to a new one but if yours is a new build I’m not sure, the other thing make sure you have a large capacitor on your power lead and even though mine had a plug for the flight controller I cut that off and I soldered it to the fly controller directly and some of my drones I put on a voltage regulator that way it got good power without having to go through the flight controller stack, the power regulator I put directly on the battery lead

Thanks. I have a 1000uF cap on the power lead. I got a new cable and changed it on my quad. It's now working properly on the bench (I turned Betaflight's RUNAWAY_FAILSAFE_PREVENTION off and rolled the quad with my hands without props. With the old cable, I got failsafe. With the new cable, I don't get failsafe anymore).

Anyways, I still don't have the courage to fly with the quad, as checking the log (blackbox) it is consuming way more Amps than I expected with this setup:

. 4 motors DX2306
. HifionRC F7 Pro v2 stack (ESC 60A)
. 1 GPS BN220
. 1 Beeper URUAV U38
. 1 DJI Air Unit
. Frame Mark4 HD 5 inches
. Props are Racerstar 5040V2
. Pack is ministar 4S 1500mAh 120C
. DJI Goggles v1
. DJI transmitter

Doing the math, it should not consume more than 145A:

1 motor (max consumption): 35A, so 4 motors: 140A
DJI Air Unit max consumption: 3.0A (I believe it is really 1.5A, but my FC can provide up to 3A for DJI. It is a DJI ready FC)
FC HifionRC: 1A (flight controllers don't draw too much Amps, so I will stay at 1A)
ESC: 1A (ESCs don't draw too much Amps, the motors do. So I will stay at 1A)
BN220: 50mA
Beeper: 50mA (I couldn't find it on the specs, but it's certainly low)

But it's still showing more than 200A on the log (OK, for short periods of time, but I still don't understand why it is doing this). That's what I'm affraid of right now.

Any clues?
2021-2-9
Use props
lvl.2
United States

Rodolfo Vaz Posted at 2-9 09:07
Thanks. I have a 1000uF cap on the power lead. I got a new cable and changed it on my quad. It's now working properly on the bench (I turned Betaflight's RUNAWAY_FAILSAFE_PREVENTION off and rolled the quad with my hands without props. With the old cable, I got failsafe. With the new cable, I don't get failsafe anymore).

Anyways, I still don't have the courage to fly with the quad, as checking the log (blackbox) it is consuming way more Amps than I expected with this setup:

I’m not sure. I never review logs. But if u can use blheli suite 32 and if ur ESC’s are 32 but u can limit amperage the escs put out. So as long as u have 32 bit escs and a current sensor on your quad the setting called “current protection” will appear in blheli suite and u can limit power

Also I made a switch in my radio to use horizon mode that way if u loose video u can try LOS landing or u can atleast lower throttle and land flat instead of just blindly crashing

2021-2-9
Use props
Rodolfo Vaz
lvl.2
Brazil

@twitchfpv Posted at 2-9 09:41
I’m not sure. I never review logs. But if u can use blheli suite 32 and if ur ESC’s are 32 but u can limit amperage the escs put out. So as long as u have 32 bit escs and a current sensor on your quad the setting called “current protection” will appear in blheli suite and u can limit power

Also I made a switch in my radio to use horizon mode that way if u loose video u can try LOS landing or u can atleast lower throttle and land flat instead of just blindly crashing

Thanks. In my case, I lost both video and control signals. I wouldn't be able to fly LOS.
In your case, when you lost video signal, could you still get control signal on your radio? By the way, do you use the DJI transmitter as well?
2021-2-9
Use props
lvl.2
United States

Rodolfo Vaz Posted at 2-9 10:30
Thanks. In my case, I lost both video and control signals. I wouldn't be able to fly LOS.
In your case, when you lost video signal, could you still get control signal on your radio? By the way, do you use the DJI transmitter as well?

No I use a taranis. Have u tried a voltage regulator like the Matek one. This is what I use and I wire directly from the batt lead

https://pyrodrone.com/products/m ... iant=15078975995947

This should help u keep good clean consistent power to ur air unit
2021-2-9
Use props
DetourFPV
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1099268 ft
United States

fansb42ee14a Posted at 2020-11-11 09:16
So....it was your fault...but u yelled on DJI...sorry - thats crap

Hey genius: The SD slow issue is ubiquitous in the Air Unit, Vista and goggles. Thousands of users get the error.

But you wouldn't know that since you are just a troll that wants to talk trash to feel a little better about your failure in life.

Kissing DJI's butthole isn't going to get you any free stuff.
2021-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules