Fishing attachment
1314 5 2020-6-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Droneflier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1811322 ft
South Africa

Hi all, I have connected a fishing bait dropper to my P4, |I have setup the red lights to switch on when pressing C3 howvere the light will not come on when I press C3 on the remote. I have disabled the sensors on the drone and tried all sorts of configurations with no luck, Any ideas what I am doing wrong?
2020-6-6
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Are you using some sort of electrical connection to the lights to activate a mechanism to drop something? What exactly are you trying to drop?

You probably have a different application in mind, but I remember that people where using drones to carry their lines out far from shore and drop them in the surf, and they were coming up with all sorts of complex electrically triggered devices for releasing the line. Then I happened to be at the beach one day and saw a guy doing this quite easily, so I asked how he did it. His answer was so simple, he attached a plastic clothes peg under the aircraft to the landing skid, using a short piece of thin nylon rope. He woud place his fishing line in the jaws of the peg, with about 15 feet hanging down, and fly it out from the shore. When he got to where he wanted to be, he would descend until the line was in the water, then sharply tug on the line, releasing it from the peg. So simple.

2020-6-6
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 6-6 16:31
Are you using some sort of electrical connection to the lights to activate a mechanism to drop something? What exactly are you trying to drop?

You probably have a different application in mind, but I remember that people where using drones to carry their lines out far from shore and drop them in the surf, and they were coming up with all sorts of complex electrically triggered devices for releasing the line. Then I happened to be at the beach one day and saw a guy doing this quite easily, so I asked how he did it. His answer was so simple, he attached a plastic clothes peg under the aircraft to the landing skid, using a short piece of thin nylon rope. He woud place his fishing line in the jaws of the peg, with about 15 feet hanging down, and fly it out from the shore. When he got to where he wanted to be, he would descend until the line was in the water, then sharply tug on the line, releasing it from the peg. So simple.

Aloha Geebax,

You gotta love that old KIS, Keep It Simple.  That is a good one.  Another one is a simple loop in the line (wherever you want it) and then put the loop on to an open paper clip attached to the landing gear.

They fly the loops out off the cliffs on the Big Island to catch Ulua.  The paper clip is over extended so that the forward flight keeps the loop in place.  If the Phantom hovers, the loop falls off.  This method is also used off of beaches to.

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-6-6
Use props
Droneflier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1811322 ft
South Africa

This is an attachment connected to the red lights on the P4, the unit works correctly, the only problem I have as stated above is I can't get the C buttons on the remote controller to trigger the switching on and off of the red lights on the drone
2020-6-7
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1178793 ft
Australia

Cetacean Posted at 6-6 23:14
Aloha Geebax,

You gotta love that old KIS, Keep It Simple.  That is a good one.  Another one is a simple loop in the line (wherever you want it) and then put the loop on to an open paper clip attached to the landing gear.

MMM  tricky work indeed ;)
2020-6-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Droneflier. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have shared with us. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our valued DJI co pilots who uses this accessory on there DJI Phantom 4. Just a reminder that we do not recommend you to use a 3rd party accessories on your DJI Phantom 4. Actually, there is a  possibility that this accessory will work, however, since it's not yet tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the reliability of the said accessory when in use. In addition using 3rd party accessories or devices might cause damage or harm on the DJI hantom 4 and can void the warranty as well. Thank you for your understanding and fly safe always.
2020-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules