746 7 2020-6-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I was recently flying my MA2 and pressed the phone screen during flight to pitch and pan the gimbal using the great touchscreen function. It unfortunately didn't work...
After looking into it the reason is that I enlarged the map screen view to see a full view of the area then after shrinking it back down to the regain the FPV the touchscreen gimbal control wouldn't work.

I had to exit the FPV screen back to the home page of the fly app then tap go fly during flight to make the pitch/pan touchscreen work again.

As I said, it's only a minor glitch but somewhat annoying to have to exit the FPV during flight after simply looking at the map in order to continue to use this great feature. So if you are experiencing a similar issue then thats the workaround until DJI hopefully find a fix in a future firmware/app update.

EDIT: FIXED on the latest firmware/iOS app version

2020-6-6
Use props
HomePoint
lvl.4
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I had this too last week on one of my first flights with this drone.  I thought it was just a glitch on my phone, so in some respect it is good to see someone else with the same.....I think
2020-6-6
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HomePoint Posted at 6-6 14:41
I had this too last week on one of my first flights with this drone.  I thought it was just a glitch on my phone, so in some respect it is good to see someone else with the same.....I think

I think it’s probably a universal glitch but most wouldn’t have noticed it as they don’t use the map &/or the touchscreen gimbal pan. TBH it’s so minor I wouldn’t worry but if people suddenly realise the touchscreen doesn’t work then at least they know why and how to work around it.
2020-6-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there A J. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information with us. I will cascade these information to the designated DJI department for further evaluation and assessment. Thank you for you support and please stay safe always.
2020-6-14
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-14 20:35
Hello there A J. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information with us. I will cascade these information to the designated DJI department for further evaluation and assessment. Thank you for you support and please stay safe always.

It's very minor Stephen but will be good if it can be sorted
2020-6-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

A J Posted at 6-14 23:49
It's very minor Stephen but will be good if it can be sorted

Hi there A J. Thank you for the reply and for the additional information you have given. If you have any issues or concerns with your DJI Mavic Air 2 or with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI forum. We are here to help and support you. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2020-6-15
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-15 23:36
Hi there A J. Thank you for the reply and for the additional information you have given. If you have any issues or concerns with your DJI Mavic Air 2 or with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI forum. We are here to help and support you. Have a safe and a happy flying always.

That's great to know - thank you. Just waiting for version 1.1.4 of the fly app on iOS to use with the recently released FW otherwise, the drone has performed perfectly so far.
2020-6-15
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I noticed that this has now been fixed with the latest firmware/iOS app version - many thanks DJI.
2020-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules