22375 35 2020-6-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Viper20184
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3068 ft
United States

Hi there,

Just wondering how fast do the batteries for the Air 2 discharge when left idle? I got the fly More bundle when it released, charged the batteries the day after or two.. but have not been able to take it out. I pulled it out today and was about to fly. I wasnt expecting the batteries to be at 100%, but wasnt expecting 50% (might just be high expectations). Does this sound right for other owners?

I guess next question is, would it hurt to leave them plugged in on the 3 battery charger when not in use and just pull them off when I plan on going out and fly?
2020-6-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Over a period of 24 hours the will reduce charge to 96% so drop of 4%, after 5 days batteries will reduce to approx 60% .
2020-6-6
Use props
Viper20184
lvl.1
United States

Ok that's good to know. I was just being a worried new owner. Got it. Thanks for that info!
2020-6-6
Use props
B737ng
lvl.3
Flight distance : 297106 ft
Ireland

It would be nice if they gave us option to control the battery discharge like they did in the Go4 app. They really drain too quick. I'm a bit worried that DJI set such a short time frame for battery depletion. Are they not confident in their batteries quality ?
2020-6-6
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Viper20184 Posted at 6-6 15:51
Ok that's good to know. I was just being a worried new owner. Got it. Thanks for that info!

As a general rule, you should not charge your batteries and put them away. LiPo batteries do not like being stored in a fully charged condition. The best technique is to get the batteries out the night before you go flying and charge them fully for the next day.
2020-6-6
Use props
Viper20184
lvl.1
United States

Ok that's great info to have. I've owned a couple of drones but I still consider myself a newbie so any suggestions or info is more than welcome. Thanks!!
2020-6-6
Use props
Mr. Motta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 221906 ft
United States

B737ng Posted at 6-6 16:00
It would be nice if they gave us option to control the battery discharge like they did in the Go4 app. They really drain too quick. I'm a bit worried that DJI set such a short time frame for battery depletion. Are they not confident in their batteries quality ?

They do drain my quicker than my MA1 batteries.
2020-6-6
Use props
MisterFrag
Second Officer
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

Viper20184 Posted at 6-6 15:51

You should probably read the manual front to back. The battery behavior is covered there.
2020-6-6
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I believe the reason they have reduced the discharge time is due to the Mavic 2 Pro batteries being left too long on a full charge and there have been a lot of reviews and posts complaining of M2P batteries swelling. DJI actually state that the reason for the quicker auto discharge on the MA2 batteries is to help prevent swelling. Always aim to fly within 24 hours of fully charging the batteries though sooner the better - night before or morning of the day you intend to fly. I leave my batteries on a charge level of 40% when I know I won't be using them for a while and have never had any DJI batteries fail on me with any of the 12 drones I have owned over the last 4 years.
2020-6-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Viper20184. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. The DJI Mavic Air 2 has an Auto-Discharging function to prevent the battery for swelling, the battery automatically discharges to 96% of the battery level when it is idle for one day and automatically discharges to 60% of the battery level when it is idle for 5 days. It is normal to feel moderate heat being emitted from the battery during the discharging process. For additional reference I will post a list of the intelligent flight battery safety guidelines. In addition it would be best for you to store your DJI Mavic Air 2 Intelligent Flight Batteries on a DJI Battery Safe Bag. The DJI Battery Safe Bag offers reliable storage, and transportation for batteries. It can effectively mitigate damage from combustion, reducing the possibility of igniting surrounding objects. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the specifications of the said Safe Bag. Thank you.

2020-6-7
Use props
djiuser_y9NXUUz13qJx
New

United Arab Emirates

hallmark007 Posted at 6-6 15:12
Over a period of 24 hours the will reduce charge to 96% so drop of 4%, after 5 days batteries will reduce to approx 60% .
Thanks for the heads up on the discharge issue, mine have been doing the same thing, but getting worryingly hot while stored in the carry case that came with the Mavic air 2 fly more combo pack.
2020-9-25
Use props
djiuser_y9NXUUz13qJx
New

United Arab Emirates

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-7 23:54
Hello there Viper20184. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. The DJI Mavic Air 2 has an Auto-Discharging function to prevent the battery for swelling, the battery automatically discharges to 96% of the battery level when it is idle for one day and automatically discharges to 60% of the battery level when it is idle for 5 days. It is normal to feel moderate heat being emitted from the battery during the discharging process. For additional reference I will post a list of the intelligent flight battery safety guidelines. In addition it would be best for you to store your DJI Mavic Air 2 Intelligent Flight Batteries on a DJI Battery Safe Bag. The DJI Battery Safe Bag offers reliable storage, and transportation for batteries. It can effectively mitigate damage from combustion, reducing the possibility of igniting surrounding objects. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the specifications of the said Safe Bag. Thank you.

[view_image]

Thanks for the heads up on the discharge issue, mine have been doing the same thing, but getting worryingly hot while stored in the carry case that came with the Mavic air 2 fly more combo pack. Thanks for any advice in advance...
2020-9-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_y9NXUUz13qJx Posted at 9-25 22:40
Thanks for the heads up on the discharge issue, mine have been doing the same thing, but getting worryingly hot while stored in the carry case that came with the Mavic air 2 fly more combo pack. Thanks for any advice in advance...

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have shared. Are you getting any error message on the DJI Fly application with regards to this matter. If you feel that the said intelligent flight battery of your DJI Mavic Air 2 is not working properly please contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support for us to be able to assess them and assist you further. Thank you.
2020-9-28
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

[view_image]

... I think it's a bit of a shame that you are sometimes "surprised" by the unloading process. Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do about it, for example by reloading 1 day before the flight "as a precaution" ...

As long as the level remains at approx. 97%, you cannot reload ...
And then - maybe overnight - the batteries start discharging .....   
2020-9-29
Use props
OneQuickSix
lvl.2
Flight distance : 781729 ft
United States

This all begs the question ... How long would you have to use the battery in order to reset the internal discharge clock for another 5 days?  Like just bow 96%?  Or is the internal clock hard-coded to discharge after 5 days no matter what?

Well, hopefully not during flight at the very least.
2020-10-10
Use props
HitrackAP
lvl.3
Flight distance : 428176 ft
United Kingdom

On my P4 Pro Batteries if i cycle the power button on and then off it seems to reset the timer for auto discharge. This function would be welcome on the Mavic Air 2 batteries.
2020-10-10
Use props
djiuser_VN8K3x6k0JcR
New
Flight distance : 104265 ft

United States

DJI Stephen - Do you know if it is possible to reset the discharge cycle? I sometimes go on multi-day backpacking trips in the wilderness where I don't have the option of re-charging the batteries, so having the ability to keep full power in the batteries and not have them discharge would be very helpful in these situations. Thanks
2020-10-13
Use props
FourT2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 595079 ft
United States

Hello there Viper20184. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. The DJI Mavic Air 2 has an Auto-Discharging function to prevent the battery for swelling, the battery automatically discharges to 96% of the battery level when it is idle for one day and automatically discharges to 60% of the battery level when it is idle for 5 days. It is normal to feel moderate heat being emitted from the battery during the discharging process. For additional reference I will post a list of the intelligent flight battery safety guidelines. In addition it would be best for you to store your DJI Mavic Air 2 Intelligent Flight Batteries on a DJI Battery Safe Bag. The DJI Battery Safe Bag offers reliable storage, and transportation for batteries. It can effectively mitigate damage from combustion, reducing the possibility of igniting surrounding objects. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the specifications of the said Safe Bag. Thank you.

[view_image]

Would DJI Battery Safe Bag be the recommended way to transport the batteries when flying? Should they go into checked luggage or carry on?
2020-10-16
Use props
Ruzhye
Second Officer
Flight distance : 795640 ft
United States

djiuser_VN8K3x6k0JcR Posted at 10-13 19:29
DJI Stephen - Do you know if it is possible to reset the discharge cycle? I sometimes go on multi-day backpacking trips in the wilderness where I don't have the option of re-charging the batteries, so having the ability to keep full power in the batteries and not have them discharge would be very helpful in these situations. Thanks

I would be curious about this well.  I do a lot of camping and backpacking myself and wouldn't be able get more than short flights with the way the batteries discharge.  For a car-camping trip you could use a car charger or something like a Goal Zero lithium power pack to charge them, but those don't really work for backpacking.  

It would be interesting to see a solar charging option that could be light enough to take with you on a backpacking trip.
2020-10-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

FourT2 Posted at 10-16 00:18
Would DJI Battery Safe Bag be the recommended way to transport the batteries when flying? Should they go into checked luggage or carry on?

Hello there FourT2. Thank you for reaching out and for these inquiry. The Battery Safe Bag offers reliable storage, and transportation for batteries. It can effectively mitigate damage from combustion, reducing the possibility of igniting surrounding objects. In addition, kindly please read through your airline's battery transportation regulations when traveling with LiPo batteries. For reference I will post a link where in you can learn about regulations for your specific airline ( https://www.dji.com/flyingtips/airlines ). Thank you.
2020-10-19
Use props
Shurshun
lvl.1
Flight distance : 168061 ft

Russia

I faced the same problem and was unpleasantly surprised. I suggest to add a setting that allows you to disable this self-discharge: I went to the mountains for a week and there was no possibility for charging. Each percent of the charge was very valuable to me.
2020-10-28
Use props
Bouffy24
lvl.1
Canada

is there a way to disable the self-discharge. because when u go  on camping with no electricity and u wanna use your drone 5 day later , and the battery is at 60% its very bad.
2020-10-28
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 795653 ft
United Kingdom

Bouffy24 Posted at 10-28 07:28
is there a way to disable the self-discharge. because when u go  on camping with no electricity and u wanna use your drone 5 day later , and the battery is at 60% its very bad.

No, you cannot adjust the discharge sequence
2020-10-28
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 795653 ft
United Kingdom

Bouffy24 Posted at 10-28 07:28
is there a way to disable the self-discharge. because when u go  on camping with no electricity and u wanna use your drone 5 day later , and the battery is at 60% its very bad.

No, you cannot adjust the discharge sequence
2020-10-28
Use props
FourT2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 595079 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-19 21:04
Hello there FourT2. Thank you for reaching out and for these inquiry. The Battery Safe Bag offers reliable storage, and transportation for batteries. It can effectively mitigate damage from combustion, reducing the possibility of igniting surrounding objects. In addition, kindly please read through your airline's battery transportation regulations when traveling with LiPo batteries. For reference I will post a link where in you can learn about regulations for your specific airline ( https://www.dji.com/flyingtips/airlines ). Thank you.

thanks!

It would be awesome to be able to top off the batteries from power banks, for situations like camping, hiking, etc...
2020-10-28
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

FourT2 Posted at 10-28 16:59
thanks!

It would be awesome to be able to top off the batteries from power banks, for situations like camping, hiking, etc...

Normally, power banks do not provide sufficient voltage to charge the Mavic 2 batteries.
2020-10-28
Use props
Shurshun
lvl.1
Flight distance : 168061 ft

Russia

I have a power bank with PD: 5V-3A/9V-3A/12V-3A/15V-3A/20V-2.25A (max. 45W) with 26800Mah capacity and even if it will not provide the necessary power, the charging will go longer, but it will go. I did not have time before the last hike, but I'm going to buy a car charger and through the PD trigger feed it with 12v from the power bank. Even so, with large losses on double conversion, but it seems to be the fastest option to solve the problem.
2020-10-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

FourT2 Posted at 10-28 16:59
thanks!

Hi there FourT2. Thank you for the reply and for these information.  Just a reminder that DJI do not recommend using a powerbank or a 3rd party devices to charge your DJI Mavic Air. These 3rd party devices might affect the drone or its intelligent flight battery. There is a possibility that these 3rd party powerbank chargers will be able work in charging the battery of your DJI Mavic Air. However, since it's not yet optimized and tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said 3rd party accessory if it will work all the time with no issues. Thank you and fly safe always.
2020-10-29
Use props
SeanGalbraith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 891404 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I can't remember owning a battery that drained so fast doing nothing.
2020-10-30
Use props
phramick
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4053691 ft
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 6-6 15:12

Hi, is this also true for the DJI Mini 2' batteries?
2020-12-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

phramick Posted at 12-1 14:38
Hi, is this also true for the DJI Mini 2' batteries?

No it’s not, they don’t have a memory like Air2 batteries, or at least mine don’t ;+)
2020-12-2
Use props
Lisa3
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-19 21:04

DJI Stephen, you mentioned the battery storage bag several times and the importance of using it to store batteries. Being that it is an important safety item why is it not included when purchasing either the drone or fly more combo (small bag with drone, large bag with fly more)?

Thank You,

Lisa
2020-12-2
Use props
AERODYNE
New

Pakistan

hallmark007 Posted at 2020-6-6 15:12

yes, i am facing the same issue with Air 2S batteries,
i changed 3 batteries to 100% and after 2 weeks , all 3 were at 59%,

is this normal?
2021-10-3
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44914321 ft
Sweden

AERODYNE Posted at 10-3 08:49

Yes, as per hallamarks statement above. Also see page 27 in the manual for this and more information about the battery. You can download the manuals here:  

https://www.dji.com/se/downloads/products/air-2s
2021-10-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

AERODYNE Posted at 10-3 08:49

Yes thats normal. Always remember before flying charge batteries fully within 24 hours of flying.
2021-10-3
Use props
fans0b480307
New

India

I have a Mavic air 2 combo. Among three batteries 2 are discharging very fast. I normally i charge it on Saturdays. If I didn't go out on that Sunday I normally take it out on next Saturday.thats one week time. Only one battery have full charge indication that is 4 steady green light on battery. I had an incident, when I was flying at 25 percent suddenly drone started to fly back to homepoint. I was flying low and Since there is no sensor on the top it nearly crashed. I was very fortunate. May be I will buy extra batteries hoping for better performance.
2021-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules