Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Fly App can't connect with Samsung
10271 34 2020-6-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
omar211073hotmail.com
lvl.2

Taiwan

Every one have same problem of me that DJI Fly App can't connect to samsung?
I bought new Mavic air 2 but i never used cos i cant' connect my samsung S 10+ to DJI Fly App.

Please let me know if someone have soluction

Thanks in advince
2020-6-6
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Other people are using that same phone with the Fly app, keep trying.
2020-6-6
Use props
omar211073hotmail.com
lvl.2

Taiwan

Dear Geebax,
What do you mean? Some one find the soluction?
2020-6-6
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I notice that there is a marking on the cable that indicates the end that goes to the controller. It doesn't seem to matter which way I use the cable on my ASUS tablet but it may make a difference on your device. Try using with the connector with the marking (box with two small circles) attached to controller.
2020-6-6
Use props
omar211073hotmail.com
lvl.2

Taiwan

Good point.. I will check on it.. Also because it looks the problem come from the cable. when I plug in the cable my mobile go incharge then stop to change then charge again and so on.
I was thinking to buy a USB -C new cable. Thanks for the advice
2020-6-6
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Be aware that the strange requirement of Android (and your Samsung product) is that the controller will charge the battery in the phone at a low rate when connected together. There is no way around that.
2020-6-6
Use props
Rayspark
lvl.1
Flight distance : 93576 ft
United States

I got my manic air²in the mail⁶/
2020-6-6
Use props
Rayspark
lvl.1
United States

I got my Manic Air 2 on 6-4-20 and I can't even install fly on my Samsung phone or tablet or wife's Samsung phone. It downloads but fails to install. Browser settings are set to accept it. Sen gore on the phone with DJI support turned up nothing. Right now I have a $988 paper weight.
2020-6-6
Use props
omar211073hotmail.com
lvl.2

Taiwan

Rayspark Posted at 6-6 20:02
I got my manic air²in the mail⁶/

same situation for me
2020-6-6
Use props
omar211073hotmail.com
lvl.2

Taiwan

Rayspark Posted at 6-6 20:08
I got my Manic Air 2 on 6-4-20 and I can't even install fly on my Samsung phone or tablet or wife's Samsung phone. It downloads but fails to install. Browser settings are set to accept it. Sen gore on the phone with DJI support turned up nothing. Right now I have a $988 paper weight.

I think DJI Fly App go conflict with samsung..I tried on my Ipad to install and connect and it is working 100%.
Let see if DJI will do samething
2020-6-6
Use props
Rayspark
lvl.1
United States

Sorry to hear too hear that. I hope we both find the answer
2020-6-6
Use props
Rayspark
lvl.1
United States

omar211073hotmail.com Posted at 6-6 20:16
I think DJI Fly App go conflict with samsung..I tried on my Ipad to install and connect and it is working 100%.
Let see if DJI will do samething

Yes all my gear is Samsung. Would love to see it work.
2020-6-6
Use props
Rayspark
lvl.1
United States

Rayspark Posted at 6-6 20:21
Yes all my gear is Samsung. Would love to see it work.

The DJI rep said he was sending my issue to the engineers for possible resolution. Well see I guess
2020-6-6
Use props
Mr. Motta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 221906 ft
United States

Did you get the app through the play store or download it from DJI? I have an s-10. no problems at all.
2020-6-6
Use props
Mr. Motta
lvl.4
United States

Did you get the app through the play store or download it from DJI? I have an s-10. no problems at all.
2020-6-6
Use props
omar211073hotmail.com
lvl.2

Taiwan

I got it downloaded by play store.
2020-6-6
Use props
omar211073hotmail.com
lvl.2

Taiwan

How i can get the good one?
2020-6-6
Use props
Mr. Motta
lvl.4
United States

omar211073hotmail.com Posted at 6-6 22:05
I got it downloaded by play store.

That is very strange. Maybe uninstall the app and do a fresh install.  Software isnt always perfect. make sure you didnt accidentally  download the Go app instead.
2020-6-6
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

I have the t-mobile galaxy s20 and it works flawless ly with dji fly/mavic air 2....how i start my flights (might be helpful to u guys?)....remote on then drone on. Wait for white lights on remote to stop flashing and turn solid this means drone and remote are now connected.....and finally now is when i connect my s20
2020-6-7
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Oh also another point i want to make, and may be critical for you guys is i do have on "developer options" (go to settings then about phone, then Android version and tap 7 or 8 times, dev options is now on, hit "back" one time on device scroll to "developer options"...and now enable "usb debugging" ) u need to enable dev options so u can tick the "usb debugging" option. I have always enabled this with all of my previous dji drones and Android devices and  this has always worked the kinks out with connecting usb/losing app especially a few years ago......thinking about it this is why i have not seen any or had any problems with dji fly, galaxy s20, mavic air 2....its been buttery smooth....hopefully u guys make out ok after reading both of my posts;)
2020-6-7
Use props
omar211073hotmail.com
lvl.2

Taiwan

$gambino$ Posted at 6-7 01:15
Oh also another point i want to make, and may be critical for you guys is i do have on "developer options" (go to settings then about phone, then Android version and tap 7 or 8 times, dev options is now on, hit "back" one time on device scroll to "developer options"...and now enable "usb debugging" ) u need to enable dev options so u can tick the "usb debugging" option. I have always enabled this with all of my previous dji drones and Android devices and  this has always worked the kinks out with connecting usb/losing app especially a few years ago......thinking about it this is why i have not seen any or had any problems with dji fly, galaxy s20, mavic air 2....its been buttery smooth....hopefully u guys make out ok after reading both of my posts;)

I tried but ot does not work.. when i plug the cable my mobile connect and disconnect connect and disconnect.. i believe something wrong with my mobile and not with DJI Fly app. I tried samsung s7 of my friend and it is working.
Maybe i should reset all my mobile but i dont wanna lose all my files.. anyways thanks for your help
2020-6-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there omar211073hotmail.com. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this information. Upon checking the Samsung S10+ on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Mavic Air 2. The said mobile device is recommended for the said drone and for the DJI Fly application. Please try using a difference recommended mobile device to download the DJI Fly application for us to be able to isolate the said issue. For reference I will post a link where in you can see all the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic Air 2. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/mavic-air-2/downloads

2020-6-7
Use props
Jordaneer
lvl.1

United States

works fine on my s9+ on android 10
2020-6-8
Use props
Brio
lvl.1
Argentina

omar211073hotmail.com Posted at 6-7 20:17
I tried but ot does not work.. when i plug the cable my mobile connect and disconnect connect and disconnect.. i believe something wrong with my mobile and not with DJI Fly app. I tried samsung s7 of my friend and it is working.
Maybe i should reset all my mobile but i dont wanna lose all my files.. anyways thanks for your help

Have absolutely the same problem. The phone is LG G6 (also recomended by DJI).  Yes, it finally connects to the controller but first it needs minutes to do it. However sometimes it connects immediately. Tried different cables and not helped. Inicially had android 8 but in purpose to solve the problem I upgrade it to android 9 (clearing all the data) and finally nothing changed: sometimes gets connected immediately but more frequent it takes it about a minute (or replug the cable) to connect  successfully. The only thing I noticed is that when first turn on the controller and then plug in it has more chanches to connetc quicker.
2020-6-8
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Just a thought...  Buy one like this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung ... 10&var=554171876948

Try it and then return it for a refund. That will tell you if that model works.

Oops, I did not notice your location... maybe not...

2020-6-8
Use props
Andy Uk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3985676 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

S7 S9 S20+ and Honor 9.  All fine for me with my Mini and Air 2 using DJI fly zero issues.
2020-6-12
Use props
Doug0461
New

Canada

Got my DJI 2 in March but life got in the way and today, July 2nd, I pulled it out. 6 hours and I find out my Samsung 10+ won't install DJI FLY unless I bypass Samsung preparatory protection. Wanting on answer from Samsung and DJI.
Biggest chunk of change for a paperweight, upset.
2021-7-2
Use props
asylum23
lvl.1
Flight distance : 391752 ft
United States

Doug0461 Posted at 7-2 20:07
Got my DJI 2 in March but life got in the way and today, July 2nd, I pulled it out. 6 hours and I find out my Samsung 10+ won't install DJI FLY unless I bypass Samsung preparatory protection. Wanting on answer from Samsung and DJI.
Biggest chunk of change for a paperweight, upset.

Are you trying to d/l from DJI's site?  I couldn't find on the PlayStore.

When that "Warning" message comes up, you can tell your phone to bypass it, add DJI.com to your "Safe" websites for downloads, and it will install.

Saying that, I have the Mini2.  Since their last update, the screen goes black, there's no control over Drone, and I have to manually bring it back.  Happens every battery.  Prior to last update tho, I never had a problem.

So even if you get it installed, for some reason their app. doesn't like certain phones, and a large number on their list are Samsung phones.  I'd not have bought this had I known as my Samsung phone is new and wasn't in the market for a different one.
2021-7-31
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

asylum23 Posted at 7-31 18:40
Are you trying to d/l from DJI's site?  I couldn't find on the PlayStore.

When that "Warning" message comes up, you can tell your phone to bypass it, add DJI.com to your "Safe" websites for downloads, and it will install.

What model is your Samsung phone? If you can't download from the Play store that usually means it is not compatible, but you can download and side-install the apk file instead.
2021-7-31
Use props
asylum23
lvl.1
Flight distance : 391752 ft
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 7-31 18:45
What model is your Samsung phone? If you can't download from the Play store that usually means it is not compatible, but you can download and side-install the apk file instead.

I have tried now on 4 different phones.  2 Samsung, 2 not.

Trouble began with 1.4.8.  I rolled back to 1.4.4, same issue.  Tonight I tried a brand new phone, nothing else installed but the usual Android system stuff.  Exact same thing.  Freezes, black screen, and either sits, stays, comes back, goes to desktop, a variety of choices.  

Installed 1.4.2., same exact issue.  4 phones.  5 OEM batteries, 4 cords, 3 memory sticks, I've replaced everything.  It was fine prior.

It is nothing I am doing.  I've got now almost 14 hours troubleshooting this, and I'm out of ideas.

My Flight Logs show absolutely nothing going on, all Green, all Very Good.  Those track the Drone, not the app from what I see, so I think the issue must be the app.  Except now it's happening on all releases.  Thank you.
2021-8-2
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

asylum23 Posted at 8-2 21:05
I have tried now on 4 different phones.  2 Samsung, 2 not.

Trouble began with 1.4.8.  I rolled back to 1.4.4, same issue.  Tonight I tried a brand new phone, nothing else installed but the usual Android system stuff.  Exact same thing.  Freezes, black screen, and either sits, stays, comes back, goes to desktop, a variety of choices.  

OK, if you refuse to tell us which specific phones you have tried, we can be of little help. Not every phone, no matter the age or price is compatible.
2021-8-4
Use props
TomBee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 913891 ft
United Kingdom

I have a Samsung Galaxy S10+ and I have had no issues with it so far. So I don't think it is that type of phone, it sounds more like a corrupt app when downloading.
2021-8-7
Use props
Falbenzio
New
Flight distance : 200 ft
Argentina

Hi guys.
I'm new. I got my very first drone a week ago... A Mavic Air 2.
I never thought about the cellphone model.. I assumed it was going to work..  My cell is pretty new, not a high-end one, but new.. A Samsung galaxy A32...
I was shocked when I suffered that USB connection going on and off..  I though I did a hughe mistake with my purchase...
today I decided to continue t-shooting, I found this forum with same issue reported....
When I was looking fo turning on usb debug mode, I first check for software updated for my phone... There was one. So I installed it...
Reboot it, and before touching anything else, I tried again with the controller.. and voilá, it worked.
I was able to test and update drone firmware, did a short first fight.. everything looks good now.

Just wanted to let you know guys in case anyone else face this issue again with a Samsung Galaxy A32, or another one..

Cheers,
2021-9-7
Use props
djiuser_KafE8kHkBGTP
lvl.1

Australia

omar211073hotmail.com Posted at 2020-6-6 18:39
Good point.. I will check on it.. Also because it looks the problem come from the cable. when I plug in the cable my mobile go incharge then stop to change then charge again and so on.
I was thinking to buy a USB -C new cable. Thanks for the advice

Have u been able to fix your problem? I need a solution desperately
2022-6-14
Use props
djiuser_KafE8kHkBGTP
lvl.1

Australia

asylum23 Posted at 2021-8-2 21:05
I have tried now on 4 different phones.  2 Samsung, 2 not.

Hi have u found a solution ?
2022-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules