First Drone, First Video Edit and First few questions ...
491 7 2020-6-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AxxN.RR
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

Hi eveyrone,

Myself Arslan. Living in U.A.E.
Came to this forum looking for some answers to my beginner's questions.  Saw a lot and learnt a lot from my today's time spent here so far.
Some questions i didnt get to find answers so i thought i should ask here as well as share my first ever drone's videoshoot out, first ever dji fly vid app editing tools used..  You guys are mostly PROs here as every video i saw here so far, is like a Hollywood standard..  but i am a bike rider and i would love to learn to take good shots of such things.    So rate my first work, give me tips according to what you think will be easy and quick for me to hold on or start up from..
" One thing you will notice is that no shots while riding bikes..  Thats cuse i didnt knew what to do..  lol"

Questions that i need your help with are these.

-     Auto RTH is my selection in settings if the drone lost signals.  It means it will return to home in case of lost signals, RIGHT?   So question is, what if it pass by a place where signal jammer was, or too much electric interferences made the drone lose connection..   Will it return to home as per settings or just crash wherever it is?

-     As i learnt so far..  the jimbel can either be set to rotate Upwards and Downwards or can be set to Zoom in / Zoom Out..   Yes?   Is there a way we can do both of these while flight?

-     While recording if i change from Sport to Tripod..  Will the same video continue to be recorded with new settings or i have to stop recording, change the settings and then record?

-     Max temp is 40C for this drone to be flown in...   Damn here temp is 39C and realfeel is 47C today..   So which one does the drone's temp limit sticks to?  Actual temp or Real Feel Temp?     And in anycase, its a hot country here..  Some tips to be able to use drone safely in high temps..  would highly apprecaite.

-     Upto what speed max the Activetrack works?  Like if i sat on my bike started riding at a speed of 50kmph..  will the drone follow in Active track mode or no?  Given there are no obstacles in the way obiviously..  

Thanks in advance and i hope to learn a lot from you guys..  Cheers.
2020-6-6
Use props
Pilot.Isaac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 220554 ft
United States

1. RTH is GPS based, it would come back where the drone firstly took off.
2. You can swing the gimbal with the dial located on left top of the controller. You can't zoom in-out if you're using Mavic Air 2.
You can zoom in-out with Mavic 2 Zoom model.
3. Sport to Tripod won't stop your recording.
4. I'm not sure with hot temps.. I've been there, port of Jebel Ali and Khor Fakkan, but I didn't have any drones at that time.
5. Not sure about the maximum speed. Maybe you can search the maximum speed information on the website. (Specs of Mavic Air 2)

Fly safe.
2020-6-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You got some great shots there
2020-6-7
Use props
BobWinNV
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 300837 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can also move the gimbal right and left by touching the screen and moving your finger across the screen in the direction that you want to move the gimbal.
2020-6-7
Use props
AxxN.RR
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

Thanks guys for the replies.

I know the gimbal moves with top left roller on the remote as well as with the screen touch and move..   But Zoom is not a possibility with any of this.. right? i have Mavic Air 2.
2020-6-7
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
Flight distance : 634505 ft
  • >>>
United States

Beautiful location. And great shots.
Once they update the firmware with gimbal sensitivity controls you’ll be able to soften the gimbal movement.
Stay safe and FLY!
2020-6-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice first one. !
Can't help you with the questions regarding the modes as I only fly fully manual.
2020-6-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

PS, I subscribed to your channel via 2 channels .
Mine are http://www.youtube.com/c/tricksandtipsnl
http://www.youtube.com/c/PeterMontfrooij
2020-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules