Mavic Mini: Won't Charge
2661 9 2020-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jordan_Whyte
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I received my Mavic Mini yesterday and proceeded to set it up. Charging the controller worked fine, however, I have had the drone on charge for hours and it is going nowhere. While charging the drone itself has the 4 led indicators flashing, but when it's taking off charge it won't light up at all, even when I press and hold the power button.

I have been using the standard cable that comes with the drone, along with my 5W Apple power adapter. Note: I have tried multiple charging methods, such as charging directly to the socket, charging to an extension lead, and running the charge through my MacBook. Also, don't worry I have double-checked the battery is inside the drone. Any help would be muchly appreciated as I am eager to get flying.
2020-6-7
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

one press , second press holding till the light reach the limit(4 leds) .... make sure you did that
2020-6-7
Use props
Jordan_Whyte
lvl.1
United Kingdom

JetSam Posted at 6-7 03:35
one press , second press holding till the light reach the limit(4 leds) .... make sure you did that

Hi JetSam, doing that does nothing and the lights do not show. The lights only flash while charging
2020-6-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you done a battery firmware update?  If not, try that.  Have you tried any different cables?  Are you using an 18W charger?  See charger specs below for User's Manual.  Hope you get it up and flying.

Charger Specifications

Charger Specifications
2020-6-7
Use props
Jordan_Whyte
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-7 04:05
Have you done a battery firmware update?  If not, try that.  Have you tried any different cables?  Are you using an 18W charger?  See charger specs below for User's Manual.  Hope you get it up and flying.

Hi DowntownRDB, I have tried both the standard charger that comes with the drone and also a Samsung phone cable, both bring the same results. Not sure how to do a battery firmware update, will give that a go if possible
2020-6-7
Use props
Jordan_Whyte
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Jordan_Whyte Posted at 6-7 08:27
Hi DowntownRDB, I have tried both the standard charger that comes with the drone and also a Samsung phone cable, both bring the same results. Not sure how to do a battery firmware update, will give that a go if possible

I have just done some research and it appears I cannot carry out the battery firmware update as the drone wont turn on, and this means i cannot connect it to the controller and apply the update.

2020-6-7
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

along with my 5W Apple power adapter

You need stronger 18W or 24W adapter, why have You not used the stock one?
2020-6-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Jordan_Whyte. I am sorry to read and to know that you are having issues with the intelligent flight batteries of your new DJI Mavic Mini. Can you please try using a charger with this specifications to see if the issue will still persists and in addition are you able to post a short footage of the said issue for us to be able to check and assist you further. Thank you.

2020-6-7
Use props
Jordan_Whyte
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi everyone, Thanks for the support but i ended up returning the drone and getting a refund. However, i plan on purchasing another Mavic Mini and hopefully the battery works this time around.
2020-6-13
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Just a small notice for Amazon users: should you ever return your DEFECTIVE product without mentioning it will be on a NEW SALE (from Amazon Warehouse products) and annoying somebody else in the future.

Amazon returns is certainly a user friendly policy but not one that can safeguard users from fraudulent reports and claims. Should you have a problem with an Amazon product PLEASE report the problem and return the product as such, do not cheat on your return.

I am not saying some don't deliberately do this for their own good, but not only filing your return correctly will spare the next owner the hassle to deal with a defective product (Amazon chiefly relies on your information) but also places you on the right side of the fence and won't impact your rights, will make sure you won't be blacklisted and you could even possibly receive an apology call, I personally received a good refund offer that made me keep the product rather than continue with the return when I've done so.

I am an Amazon user and buy used from Warehouse sales from time to time. Thanks for your understanding.
2020-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules