Vehicle Mount + Remote Joystick ?
802 5 2020-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JB63
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

The old series Osmo had a windshield-mount accessory with a remote cable so the Osmo camera could be mounted on the windshield (or any smooth surface), and the cable/joystick can be operated 'smoothly' from inside the car.

There is no such accessory for the OsmoPocket. I did place my Osmo Pocket on my car's windshield, but controlling pan/tilt from an iPhone screen (through WIFI) is really not ideal.

Any idea/suggestion for an accessory that could work as a remote joystick for the Osmo Pocket ?

2020-6-7
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

Might look into something like these:
http://bricklaminatepicture.blog ... rtphone-gaming.html

Brick-Joystick-For-Smartphone-Gaming8.jpg
2020-6-7
Use props
JB63
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Thank you. Very neat/slick concept, though the reviews on amazon are not that great ... Plus, it takes some real-estate on the screen.
2020-6-7
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

JB63 Posted at 6-7 16:55
Thank you. Very neat/slick concept, though the reviews on amazon are not that great ... Plus, it takes some real-estate on the screen.

There are other styles and brands.

And, as far as taking up screen space, when controlling a windshield mounted Pocket, I hope too much time isn't spent watching the screen!
2020-6-7
Use props
JB63
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Yes, I saw other models (gamepad holders). Any chance those would be compatible with the DJI MIMO App?

As for your comment, Yup, the idea is to have another family member drive the car while I operate the camera ... as much as I want to, I'm not good at multi-tasking ;)

In an ideal world, I'd love to control the pan/tilt/roll (and other functions) of the camera with a full-size joystick, such as the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro ... but then again, the OSMO doesn't have an 'open' SDK.

2020-6-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yeah, I had that one too!
(the articulating arm)
Good for connecting to a tripod.
2020-6-23
Use props