DJI QA and Customer support going down hill?
988 5 2020-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
craighuddy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 76545 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Is it just me or am I noticing a trend that more and more people are recieving out of the box products that are non funtioning at various degrees and Customer support is well below what it should be?

I preordered the MA2 and it came with a gimbal IMU error. Has to be swapped.

I have bought high end products from other companies and when you receive a faulty unit, they send the replacement first and once you receive it, ship the faulty one back. The way DJI handles this situation is not very good from a consumer standpoint.
Preorder device, wait 2 weeks to receive it. setup only to find it does not work. Spend a week on the phone and email with DJI support. Ship drone to California ( takes 2 weeks) they look at for a week and then ship the replacement back ( 2 more weeks ) So, from the time I preorder my aircraft to when I can fly it, i have waited 8 weeks.

I understand manufacturing defects happen, but they seem to be more and more frequent and the after sales service ,in no situation, should take 6 weeks to replace something they messed up on right out of the box.

Thoughts?
2020-6-7
Use props
djiuser_bCMmlX5JrxJv
New
United States

yep my mavic pro 2 imu acc1 error out the box .
2020-6-7
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I strongly disagree... DJI quality control and customer support is not going down the hill! It's solidly anchored at the very bottom since the early days and is not going anywhere ... Just kidding ...
2020-6-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi craighuddy, we understand how you feel and thanks for sharing your feedback about our customer service. For the new-released products, it took time for the shipment due to the stock limitation and the high demand of the orders. We never expect the product dead on arrival, but it still happens and we sincerely apologize for this situation.
According to DJI after-sales service policy, at the moment, no matter the products need to be replaced, refund or repaired, it always needs to be sent back for the evaluation firstly and then our repair center will decide the following resolution. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused and we will forward your concerns to the management department for attention. Hope your experience with us will be better in the future.
2020-6-7
Use props
craighuddy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 76545 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Hi Mindy,
Thanks for taking the time to respond. Your after sales service policy is very unfair to users who have been sent defective hardware. I recommend that any drone, if purchased within 30 days, and support has determined that there is a problem via phone/online troubleshooting, immediately send out a replacement along with return shipping labels. When the user receives his replacement he has 30 days to send the faulty hardware back or be charged for the replacement. That way buyers of new product get to fly faster not wait 2 months.

Any repair past the 30 days would happen as it does now.

Your current model favours you in an unbalanced way. For new purchases, there should be balance for all parties.

What you have now is not customer service, it Dji obligatory action with the customer taking all the risk and you taking none . You can and should do better.
2020-6-8
Use props
fansd6df83a8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 74678 ft
United States

Well... I could say so much on this issue but it is late and I am tired.  Couple quick points tho.  When you control the drone market the way DJI does you can pretty much have any policies you want.  Their policies on their face value are not illegal.  BUT they are very very consumer UNFRIENDLY.  They basically hold ya over the fire.  Customer service is the ol runaround.. wait wait wait... etc... They will continue to get away with this type of stuff till someone with some pull gets tired of it and runs with it.  I have a family member that is a tech reporter for a major national outfit.  You have most likely run across one of her tech reviews.  I am waiting on the results of a very clear case and I have been getting the wait wait wait wait wait line.  Regardless of the outcome of my personal case, there are tons and tons of mad consumers saying about the same thing.  Simply put there is cause for action here.  If you do not mind can I pass along your contact info here so that she might get in touch and get your story?
2020-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules