o(^-^)o
hdrpano
lvl.4
Flight distance : 598458 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

DJI Waypoint Mission shootPhotoDistanceInterval

Let's talk about the distance trigger!

The distance interval in meters when two photos are taken as the aircraft moves between the current waypoint and the next waypoint. The maximum value is 6,000.0. The minimum value is above 0.0 and depends on the camera type, the camera parameters and the flight speed. When the photo file format is JPEG, the time interval between two photos cannot smaller than 2 seconds. When the photo file format is RAW, the time interval between two photos cannot smaller than 10 seconds. If the input exceeds the camera's capability, the taken photos may be less than expectation. The default value is 0.0 and no photo will be taken.Only supported by flight controller firmware 3.2.10.0 or above.
I use the shootPhotoDistanceInterval for my photogrammetry algorithms. This is a great function with high accuracy for 3D missions. With this function you can limit waypoints to a minimum.

Meshroom
Meshroom A.JPG

Metashape
Metashape A.JPG
You can see one of my shootings with this method on Sketchfab: Faulhorn 3D
If you prefer to see the video of the making off, you can find it here:
This function is perfectly accurate and reduce the numbers of waypoints.
Bild7.jpg
I calculate the speed between 2 images for JPG with 2 seconds and for RAW with 5 seconds with a maximal speed of 8m/s to address all aircrafts.
I use two mathematical mission systems. The 3D semi spherical and the 2D flat system.
IMG_0095.jpg
IMG_0096.jpg
The shootPhotoDistanceInterval is very useful for photogrammetry.

Meshroom2.JPG
2020-6-7
Use props
fans5f012ee0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8583 ft
Israel

hello, can you send me the format of the circulat mission at kml ? i can make missions but cant take photoes
2022-11-19
Use props
hdrpano
lvl.4
Flight distance : 598458 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

fans5f012ee0 Posted at 11-19 01:10
hello, can you send me the format of the circulat mission at kml ? i can make missions but cant take photoes

What APP do you use?
2022-11-19
Use props
fans5f012ee0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8583 ft
Israel

hdrpano Posted at 11-19 02:51
What APP do you use?

hello
i use pilot 2
can you send me kml of circle mission with shootPhotoDistanceInterval