Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Montreal is so ugly...
2768 17 2020-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

HI, I just got the Mavic Mini last week and went to try it. I took a few photo of the St-Laurent River but unfortunately when looking on the other side of the river all I can see is Montreal, but it's soo ugly! lol! Ho well...at least it was fun to fly the Mini over the river. I was kind of worried to fly it over water but everything went well on the few flights. I am impressed with the flying time, it's a lot more than the Spark wich I also own.

Montreal.jpg
2020-6-7
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice shot.
2020-6-7
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Nice photo. I kinda liked Montreal when I visited.
2020-6-7
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

Visual Air Posted at 6-7 19:20
Nice photo. I kinda liked Montreal when I visited.

Really? when you're in Montreal looking on the south shore, all you see is green, trees, nature, islands and the river. When you are on the south shore looking at Montreal, it's not pretty! Especially this part, this is the Est area, where the ships stop to dump their cargo. it's full of cranes, containers, etc...

When I took this picture, what was striking to me was the contrast between the junk in the back and the beauty of the nature in that island. It,s like 2 different world.
2020-6-7
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Shot looks good, Cant comment on Montreal though
2020-6-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great Shot    
2020-6-8
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Just a few words about flying the Mini over water: be careful getting closer, especially in Sport mode going forward and descending quickly, We don't know for sure but it seems the barometer inside is fooled by rapidly changing air-speed around the body. My interpretation is that when the air-speed ceases to exert pressure in the forward compartment where the barometer is housed the FC responds with adjusting the attitude accordingly (dropping air pressure means gaining altitude in drone language) thus commands the motors to slow down, this usually causes a drop in altitude to which the drone responds lethargically to any stick UP command.

Wish you well for your next adventures w/ the Mini
2020-6-8
Use props
Richard Hopkins
lvl.4
Flight distance : 923406 ft
United States

Very nice shot! I like the cranes in the background makes the shot! Thanks for sharing! Nicely done!
2020-6-8
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No comment on Montreal as never visited but the capture looks nice
2020-6-8
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Daniella3d Posted at 6-7 19:31
Really? when you're in Montreal looking on the south shore, all you see is green, trees, nature, islands and the river. When you are on the south shore looking at Montreal, it's not pretty! Especially this part, this is the Est area, where the ships stop to dump their cargo. it's full of cranes, containers, etc...

When I took this picture, what was striking to me was the contrast between the junk in the back and the beauty of the nature in that island. It,s like 2 different world.

Yes your right. It was old Montreal where we visited. Took a boat ride up the Lawrence and yes a lot of old industrial buildings for sure.
2020-6-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice shot.  
2020-6-8
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

m80116 Posted at 6-8 03:06
Just a few words about flying the Mini over water: be careful getting closer, especially in Sport mode going forward and descending quickly, We don't know for sure but it seems the barometer inside is fooled by rapidly changing air-speed around the body. My interpretation is that when the air-speed ceases to exert pressure in the forward compartment where the barometer is housed the FC responds with adjusting the attitude accordingly (dropping air pressure means gaining altitude in drone language) thus commands the motors to slow down, this usually causes a drop in altitude to which the drone responds lethargically to any stick UP command.

Wish you well for your next adventures w/ the Mini

Yes I will be carefull. I was very worried to fly over the water, especially this river has a strong current. I would never find the drone if it dropped in the water. I had some warning about interferences at some point and I brought the drone back right away. What it did was to lose the video feedback for a few seconds, but I still had control of the drone. The video footage is weird, slowing down and accelarating when that hapened. I was about 200 meter away.
2020-6-8
Use props
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Well, its not much of an exciting spot there I guess. Maybe do a top down or something if the environment isn't interesting. Think outside the box instead of just some horizontal shot of some bushes.
2020-6-8
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

22340179 Posted at 6-8 14:24
Well, its not much of an exciting spot there I guess. Maybe do a top down or something if the environment isn't interesting. Think outside the box instead of just some horizontal shot of some bushes.

I just wanted to show the contrast between the beautiful island and the ugly docks of Montreal. As for a top down view? it was murky water, sure, but that  would be even less interesting. I just wanted to show the contrast, between nature and how ugly a city can get.
2020-6-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Daniella3d. Thank you for reaching out and for posting this wonderful panoramic photo you have captured. Great work and fly safe always.
2020-6-15
Use props
virtual
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

Daniella3d Posted at 6-8 11:08
Yes I will be carefull. I was very worried to fly over the water, especially this river has a strong current. I would never find the drone if it dropped in the water. I had some warning about interferences at some point and I brought the drone back right away. What it did was to lose the video feedback for a few seconds, but I still had control of the drone. The video footage is weird, slowing down and accelarating when that hapened. I was about 200 meter away.

I like the shot
Is it icehockey arena on the left? I usually suffer from interference at distance of 200-300 meters as well, if there´s some "radio pollution" in the air...
2020-6-15
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

virtual Posted at 6-15 02:29
I like the shot
Is it icehockey arena on the left? I usually suffer from interference at distance of 200-300 meters as well, if there´s some "radio pollution" in the air...

Thanks! I am not sure about the ice hockey arena. As for the interferences, I am not flying very far now, keeping it close in that busy location.
2020-6-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I like it!
2020-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now