3146 17 2020-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_Pf7HhJXeoKBG
lvl.2
Flight distance : 78320 ft
United States

Hello,
I had my Mavic Air 2 for less than a month. One day I was flying it in “follow me” mode and it crashed into a tree on its own LINK: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oxk1iwRVti392OTy_8RzAbVu6cagJEFs/view?usp=drivesdk . Less than a week later I was flying it again in the same mode in the sea and when I stopped the follow me mode to get it back to the boat it was flying weird and moving super quick and then crashed into the water link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FgDlwC4h5TGdnu9Nb8uur1WGnVu3Jny9/view?usp=drivesdk
Some professional drone flyers after that accident told me that I should turn of the sensors when I’m flying over water because sometimes the Air 2 have weird responses to water.
I have Dji refresh and I contacted Dji support the next day. I explained everything. They were  professional and opened a case for me. Today I got an email from them saying that it’s a pilot error and if I can’t send them the drone, then they can’t do anything to me
350EBB9E-5D33-46EA-82B6-FA41291E7F3D.jpeg
2020-6-7
Use props
djiuser_Pf7HhJXeoKBG
lvl.2
United States

Seriously I don’t really understand this policy if I crashed the drone in water and sent it to them they will give me a new one or fix it for me!! So why not now because I have all the proof that the drone is 300ft under water and I didn’t want to crash a $1088 drone in water and not get it back to have a new one using the Dji refresh. But they give me a solution haha
2020-6-7
Use props
djiuser_Pf7HhJXeoKBG
lvl.2
United States

they will give me 15% discount if I want to buy a new drone from them... I’m really upset I would like to know if someone has experienced something like this with the Air 2 flying over water and would like to warn you to be carful when you fly near the water.
2020-6-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, I'm sorry about the accident. I've managed to get your case number via your forum account, as per check, our team has sent you an email with the result of the data analysis. According to the analysis, the incident was caused by the pilot's error, so you are unable to enjoy the warranty service. You are recommended to pay attention to the flight environment.

DJI Care Refresh does not cover the situation that some or all of the parts that are covered by the replacement service are lost. If you purchase a new drone, the DJI Care Refresh can be transferred to the new drone. Thanks for your kind understanding.
https://www.dji.com/service/djicare-refresh/info#faq

2020-6-8
Use props
djiuser_Pf7HhJXeoKBG
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 6-8 00:02
Hi there, I'm sorry about the accident. I've managed to get your case number via your forum account, as per check, our team has sent you an email with the result of the data analysis. According to the analysis, the incident was caused by the pilot's error, so you are unable to enjoy the warranty service. You are recommended to pay attention to the flight environment.

DJI Care Refresh does not cover the situation that some or all of the parts that are covered by the replacement service are lost. If you purchase a new drone, the DJI Care Refresh can be transferred to the new drone. Thanks for your kind understanding.

Thank you for your response. I know that and I wrote that in my email to your representative.

I’m just warning other drone flyers to beware of this situation and that your company doesn’t take care about its customers. Also I don’t understand why you didn’t respond to the first part of my message? Is that a pilot error as well? The drone was in follow me mode when it crashed by itself into a tree.

You really should take better care of your customers when we are paying a lot of money for not only the drone but extra protection that does nothing in the end.
2020-6-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_Pf7HhJXeoKBG Posted at 6-8 00:53
Thank you for your response. I know that and I wrote that in my email to your representative.

I’m just warning other drone flyers to beware of this situation and that your company doesn’t take care about its customers. Also I don’t understand why you didn’t respond to the first part of my message? Is that a pilot error as well? The drone was in follow me mode when it crashed by itself into a tree.

Sorry for the inconvenience. I fully understand you, please don't worry, I will do my best to help you. Since you have doubts about the drone crashed into a tree before the accident that crashed into the water, could you let us know the specific time and date of the first accident? I'd like to help to forward it to the related team for a check. Thanks.
2020-6-8
Use props
djiuser_Pf7HhJXeoKBG
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 6-8 01:46
Sorry for the inconvenience. I fully understand you, please don't worry, I will do my best to help you. Since you have doubts about the drone crashed into a tree before the accident that crashed into the water, could you let us know the specific time and date of the first accident? I'd like to help to forward it to the related team for a check. Thanks.
Thank you
It was at 2020-05-24 15:33
Here attached a screenshot
D6637DDD-8B4E-4085-A7E6-4236538E73F6.jpeg
2020-6-8
Use props
djiuser_Pf7HhJXeoKBG
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 6-8 01:46

Hello Natalia, can you please update me on my case?
Thank you!
2020-6-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_Pf7HhJXeoKBG Posted at 6-10 20:50
Hello Natalia, can you please update me on my case?
Thank you!

Sorry for the late response, our team is checking on your data, I will help to push again. If there is an update, I'll let you know.
2020-6-11
Use props
djiuser_Pf7HhJXeoKBG
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 6-11 04:48
Sorry for the late response, our team is checking on your data, I will help to push again. If there is an update, I'll let you know.

Ok thanks I’m waiting
2020-6-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_Pf7HhJXeoKBG Posted at 6-8 08:33
Thank you
It was at 2020-05-24 15:33
Here attached a screenshot

Sorry to have kept you waiting. Our team has checked your data (2020-05-24 15:33), you controlled your aircraft turn to the left when it was moving forward, however, due to inertia, the aircraft touched the obstacle with the right side of the fuselage (even if there were a few branches on the front of the aircraft, it would be too sparse to avoid obstacles).
The condition for a safe detour in Active Track mode is that the obstacle is directly in front of the aircraft, not on the side. So it's pilot error, you are recommended to pay attention to the flight environment.
2020-6-12
Use props
Ahcene Bourdache
lvl.2
United States

I don’t know but I was ready to read this answer. For you guys everything is pilot error ;) But no one told us that when the drone goes forward, it can’t turn. I read your manual and watched all your commercials. You say that it’s the best drone ever with the best active track 3.0 ever on a drone . Sorry but I’m not done with this case because I'm 100% sure that in the two crashes it wasn't my fault because it's not my first drone and only drone and I never had any problem before when I never used the active track as you can see in the Screenshot from my flight data, the drone was in 16,7 mph and the sensors didn’t detect anything, no trees or obstacle was in the left of the drone but he chose to go in the tree and crashed into it. Maybe he lost control because he was going fast and turned fast as you can see in the screenshot. Maybe your technical team can work on that to avoid other costumers having the same experience as me =) Also it was the same situation in the sea and I just tried to control it so that it didn’t go in the water. But it didn't respond and crashed again ALONE. So for all that, I would like you to ask your team to check my data again.
Thanks again for your support.
2020-6-12
Use props
Ahcene Bourdache
lvl.2
United States

The link for the screenshot dont work so here the pictures

sensors data

sensors data

drone crash

drone crash

flight notification

flight notification
2020-6-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Ahcene Bourdache Posted at 6-12 09:58
I don’t know but I was ready to read this answer. For you guys everything is pilot error ;) But no one told us that when the drone goes forward, it can’t turn. I read your manual and watched all your commercials. You say that it’s the best drone ever with the best active track 3.0 ever on a drone . Sorry but I’m not done with this case because I'm 100% sure that in the two crashes it wasn't my fault because it's not my first drone and only drone and I never had any problem before when I never used the active track  as you can see in the Screenshot from my flight data, the drone was in 16,7 mph and the sensors didn’t detect anything, no trees or obstacle was in the left of the drone but he chose to go in the tree and crashed into it. Maybe he lost control because he was going fast and turned fast as you can see in the screenshot. Maybe your technical team can work on that to avoid other costumers having the same experience as me =) Also it was the same situation in the sea and I just tried to control it so that it didn’t go in the water. But it didn't respond and crashed again ALONE. So for all that, I would like you to ask your team to check my data again.
Thanks again for your support.

I will forward your feedback to the related team again.
2020-6-13
Use props
Ahcene Bourdache
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 6-13 17:43
I will forward your feedback to the related team again.

Thank you please give me an update.  
2020-6-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Ahcene Bourdache Posted at 6-13 19:16
Thank you  please give me an update.

I have escalated your case to our supervisor team, we'll have someone contact you within working hours, please wait patiently. Thanks.
2020-6-13
Use props
Ahcene Bourdache
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 6-13 19:22
I have escalated your case to our supervisor team, we'll have someone contact you within working hours, please wait patiently. Thanks.

Thank you I will be waiting patiently.
2020-6-13
Use props
djiuser_d7uz7ECmPHrd
New

United States

Ahcene Bourdache Posted at 2020-6-13 19:28
Thank you I will be waiting patiently.

Hey, so what ever happened with this?
2021-3-1
Use props
Advanced