1570 6 2020-6-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bob_D
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14127 ft
Switzerland

Question on the range of the mini ..

I live in a small village, less than 10 other houses in line of sight.. I'm flying the drone out over an empty field which runs for 6-7 km in front of until the next village..  I have a 120m hight restriction due to flight path so that's fine.. But I get transmission weak signal warnings once the mini reaches around 200-250m in front of me, direct line of sight, antenae pointing to the drone..

I've tried setting the frequency to 2.4 and 5.8 and automatic..  What else should I be looking at?

In Europe by the way -- Well Switzerland but Europe rules apply.
2020-6-8
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Regarding "antenae pointing to the drone.. " have a look at the top of page 29 of the manual https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _Manual_v1.0_EN.pdf
2020-6-8
Use props
Bob_D
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14127 ft
Switzerland

Sean-newbie Posted at 6-8 14:30
Regarding "antenae pointing to the drone.. " have a look at the top of page 29 of the manual https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _Manual_v1.0_EN.pdf

Yes I should be more specific.. Antenae pointing correctly, as per page 29 " Optimal Transmission Zone" at the drone.
Once it reaches that 'weak signal point' I can usually move the controller around, lift it up and down and repoint it etc.. It gets signal back but it's still really not very far away.

I've watched many videos on youtube of people flying out for thousands of meters, in cities and I can't even get more them a couple of hundred over an empty field.  I haven't tried to just keep flying once the message appears, maybe I should try that.

It's horrible weather here for a few days but I'll try work make some screen shots.. If i can work out how to do that
2020-6-8
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think the furthest I have so far gone so far 256m over the sea but I haven't pushed it yet, that was without any warnings and without knowingly changing any relevant settings.
Can't help with why you are getting weak warning signals sorry.
Do you know someone with a Mini that would let you try a) their drone in your location, b) your drone on their controller and c) their drone on your controller etc?
If you decide to test what happens beyond your warnings make sure you have the loss of signal response set to what you want i.e hover, land or RTH and that the height is appropriate if you choose RTH
2020-6-9
Use props
djiuser_YKFyCTt16Fz5
lvl.1
United States

Total drone newbie here. Had that problem the first few flights. Then I took the "training wheels" (propeller protectors) off. Wow! That unleashed the Kraken.
2020-8-7
Use props
djiuser_mWsPM82CwLXx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4383520 ft
Finland

Bob_D Posted at 6-8 21:01
Yes I should be more specific.. Antenae pointing correctly, as per page 29 " Optimal Transmission Zone" at the drone.
Once it reaches that 'weak signal point' I can usually move the controller around, lift it up and down and repoint it etc.. It gets signal back but it's still really not very far away.

Make sure you have 2.4 sicnal before take off. Its better and faster data transfer when use 5.8 but not much range.its about 1000meters max.i fly over 5000meters and back with 2.4 sicnal my mavic mini.but its need clear connect,no buildings or anything beetveen controller-mini
2020-8-8
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

Hi. I bought a Mavic Mini back in May this year. Straight out of the box I flew it around in all directions, over fields and trees, out to a distance of around 500m with no problems and no loss of signal. I'm sure it would have gone much further, but that distance satisfied me for a shakedown flight.  I've done a number of flights with it since, never more than about 500m distant, since that's about as far as I can keep it in sight.  Apart from wind warnings in even the lightest of breezes (which i ignore) it has been flawless.  Are you in an area with any interference?  High power lines, Mobile phone transmitters or the like?
2020-8-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules