902 2 2020-6-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drycatoh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1172723 ft
France

Hi everyone,

I own a Mavic 2 zoom and I faced an akward situation many times.

As said in the title, the VPS will detect "ground" below the aircraft mid-air while flying (when it's far from the ground only so at an altitude at which it shouldn't be able to detect anything, and independtly from flying over water or ground).
This forces the drone to go into "landing" mode while being far away from the ground, which fricks me out everytime as I fear that someday the drone will stop motors mid-air.
Sometimes, I can't go down at all, I have to deactivate the VPS to get the drone back, otherwise it won't come down.
It doesn't happen at every flight, and it's not light-dependant I think as it happened during cloudy as well as sunny days.
I recalibrated my sensors multiple times succesfully and still the problem persists.

If anyone has any clue about how to get this fixed, or why it may be happening I would be very pleased!
I have to say that the drone is out of warranty now, so I'd prefer not to send it to DJI
Thank you for your attention,
- Drycatoh

Edit : I uploaded my last flight log on phantomhelp : https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/E1DXAUMI9C7N9J69U9U1/#
Many times during the flight you can spot some abnormal VPS recordings and if you download the CSV file, it's clearly reported that I "forced landing" while being mid-air, way over the ground.
2020-6-8
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Your flight data shows lots of false readings from the VPS.
If you had an accessory fitted in a way that partially blocked the sensors, you would see false VPS data, but it would be constant height.
But yours is quite variable so it's probably due to something else.
You mentioned recalibrating the sensors.
There's not much else to do.
If cleaning the sensors doesn't help, it sounds like a malfunction that needs fixing or just turn off the VPS sensors altogether (they aren't much use anyway).
2020-6-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Drycatoh. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with the VPS of your DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Since you have calibrated the sensors of the said drone with no effect. I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support for further assistance. Just a reminder that  DJI do not recommend doing a DIY in fixing the said DJI drone to avoid further damaging the said unit. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2020-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules