Remote Control for 2 Mavic 2 Zooms?
1992 8 2020-6-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cradioman
lvl.2
United States

Is it possible to use one remote for 2 Mavic 2 Zoom aircrafts? For commercial work I would like to have a back up and wondering if I can buy just another aircraft and use all the accessories I already have?
2020-6-8
Use props
Drycatoh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1172723 ft
France

Hi,

I think you could use the same remote for 2 aircrafts, but you would have to rebind the remote to the drone you want to fly everytime you go from one drone to another, and you won't be able to fly both at the same time obviously.
2020-6-8
Use props
cradioman
lvl.2
United States

Drycatoh Posted at 6-8 09:10
Hi,

I think you could use the same remote for 2 aircrafts, but you would have to rebind the remote to the drone you want to fly everytime you go from one drone to another, and you won't be able to fly both at the same time obviously.

Thanks for the input. I'll look into it. I've seen some aircraft only for sale and just wanted to make sure it would work. Chheers, Chris  
2020-6-8
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

I believe it could be done using the Smart Controller, but not with the standard one.
You would have to bind and unbind each time you want to fly the other drone.
2020-6-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there cradioman. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. The DJI Mavic 2 Pro and the DJI Mavic 2 Zoom supports Dual Remote Controller Mode, which allows two remote controllers to connect to the same aircraft. Both the primary and secondary remote controller can control the orientation of the aircraft and the movement of the gimbal and camera orientation. Thank you.

2020-6-8
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-8 19:54
Hello there cradioman. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. The DJI Mavic 2 Pro and the DJI Mavic 2 Zoom supports Dual Remote Controller Mode, which allows two remote controllers to connect to the same aircraft. Both the primary and secondary remote controller can control the orientation of the aircraft and the movement of the gimbal and camera orientation. Thank you.

[view_image]

This is not what OP is trying to do. He want to use a single RC to alternatively control two birds. This is possible, assuming linking RC to each drone before flight. Not a big deal since second bird will be considered as a backup.
2020-6-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 6-8 21:38
This is not what OP is trying to do. He want to use a single RC to alternatively control two birds. This is possible, assuming linking RC to each drone before flight. Not a big deal since second bird will be considered as a backup.

Hello there Matthew Dobrski. You are definitely correct. You can use a single remote controller to alternatively control two DJI Mavic 2 Zoom ( one drone at a time ). You just need to link the said remote controller to the drone that you want to fly or to use. Thank you.

2020-6-9
Use props
scoble08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4327592 ft
  • >>>
United States

Woe Posted at 6-8 11:13
I believe it could be done using the Smart Controller, but not with the standard one.
You would have to bind and unbind each time you want to fly the other drone.

The Smart Controller will allow you to set up more that one M2 drone that will allow you to Select which one you want to fly.
2020-6-12
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

scoble08 Posted at 6-12 09:02
The Smart Controller will allow you to set up more that one M2 drone that will allow you to Select which one you want to fly.

2020-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules