ESC Beeping (Code:30128) and Propeller rotating too fast error
162566 168 2020-6-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Joe D.
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_ryIWNRsSK3so Posted at 6-26 22:52
I purchased my Mavic Mini last week and have only flown four times total so far. These were all short flights with no accidents or incidents of any type. I'm now receiving the message that propeller(s) are rotating too fast/ESC Beep. It indicates the problem is in the left rear. After a thorough inspection of blades, I found no apparent deformities. I will swap and/or replace blades to see if this resolves the issue. This is especially disappointing since this drone is brand new.

Like you I have only flown my Mini a few times. This is my "keep in the truck and go up for quick shots" drone. I have a P4P at home that I use for 20mp shots. Anyway, during my 3rd flight I got this error after I went into SPORT mode. Cannot get out of it although I did fly after this and hovered at about 75' and took a 10 minute video. No problems flying or hovering even though the message was on the screen the whole time.
Also, I have an after market case, much like the FlyMore one I got. But this one holds batteries and you can keep your sticks on the controller. But I hate it. You have to "tuck" your props in before you put it in the case. Something I probably haven't done perfectly every time.
2020-7-10
Use props
VSj
lvl.1
Finland

Same issue here. Rear left, surprisingly.

Occurred twice outdoors on consecutive flights. Did not seem to affect the aircraft behavior though. Now, a couple of days later, indoors, there are no warnings.

The aircraft had flown for less than two hours. Carefully stored in the fly more case. No propeller deformations that I can observe visually.

Judging by the way the propellers were taped together initially and the (IMHO) insane force required to get the tape off, the propellers must have been designed to take punishment way more severe than mine have.

Regardless of whether this is a hardware or a software issue, this is not cool at all!
2020-7-12
Use props
djiuser_2WEiZjlMhBn1
New
Flight distance : 21004 ft

VSj Posted at 7-12 04:53
Same issue here. Rear left, surprisingly.

Occurred twice outdoors on consecutive flights. Did not seem to affect the aircraft behavior though. Now, a couple of days later, indoors, there are no warnings.

I have this issue always with the rear right motor. I have dji fly more case.
2020-7-12
Use props
djiuser_cUn9kT2t0N4N
New
United States

Same problem as everyone else.

Could windy conditions put more stress on LR props?

Has DJI addresses these issues and concerns?
2020-7-12
Use props
djiuser_d8ywCNdjUyKK
lvl.1

Turkey

I called dji service and they Said the latest firmware caused that issue. We hoped that this bug would be fixed in the next firmware. We can keep flying, they Said no problem.
2020-7-12
Use props
djiuser_CQDJpUo4cf7k
New

Poland

djiuser_d8ywCNdjUyKK Posted at 7-12 14:40
I called dji service and they Said the latest firmware caused that issue. We hoped that this bug would be fixed in the next firmware. We can keep flying, they Said no problem.

Ok, just to be 100% sure I got it right. DJI said to you that the firmware is faulty, they'll fix it and we can continue using the drone regardless of the error?
2020-7-13
Use props
djiuser_d8ywCNdjUyKK
lvl.1

Turkey

djiuser_CQDJpUo4cf7k Posted at 7-13 18:21
Ok, just to be 100% sure I got it right. DJI said to you that the firmware is faulty, they'll fix it and we can continue using the drone regardless of the error?

That's right
2020-7-15
Use props
djiuser_IKonKPVRH3sR
New

Romania

I got my Mavic Mini on Thursday last week and starting Monday I got this message. The rear left propeller is the problematic one. Planning to replace the props, but it seems to be a different issue.
2020-7-15
Use props
Primevil
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33553 ft
Canada

Same problem left rear prop esc err, occurred 2 mins after takeoff while hovering at 30 feet. I store the mini in the fly more case. That prompted me to check forums. Will review all above suggestions for fix. Was searching for a raccoon on my roof and had to abandon search . Safety first!
2020-7-15
Use props
Zbip57
lvl.4

Canada

djiuser_d8ywCNdjUyKK Posted at 7-12 14:40

I'm gonna call BS on that.

The latest firmware (v01.00.0500) introduced a new feature to alert you to excessive motor speeds instructing you to replace the prop blades on the affected motor.  I suppose you could twist that into saying the latest firmware causes the error message to pop up, but the firmware is certainly not what causes the issue of prop deformation to which the warning is alerting you.

Ignore the warniing and keep flying at your own peril.

2020-7-15
Use props
djiuser_VX5jMVEAALFb
New

United Kingdom

Hi. I recently had this error, effecting the rear left props. Never had an impact/crash, and only flown a few times, but it is stored in the fly more case.

I landed and changed the battery, as the error came when I was returning home anyway. Since then I have flown through 6 batteries, so about 2 hours flight time, and I have not seen the error message again. Can I assume it was just a glitch, or should I still be changing the props?
2020-7-16
Use props
djiuser_VX5jMVEAALFb
New

United Kingdom

* delete - duplicate post
2020-7-16
Use props
djiuser_VX5jMVEAALFb
New

United Kingdom

* Delete - duplicate post
2020-7-16
Use props
gohigh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 371896 ft
Turkey

Hi all. My first post here and I wish I could send my first footage here but here I am because of the very same problem :/

I want to believe that it is due to a firmware error. I used my drone 3 or 4 times. I flew twice outside without crashing & any problem. Previous flights were test flights indoor with no problem too. So today I got this error. (Yesterday was my first flight outside without any error). I always use Fly More case and %99,9 sure that I don't force any propeller. I checked the propeller's surface and there is no sign of deformation & scratch. No bended propeller etc.. And I get the beep warning from the same side. Rear left side of the drone. I realised that most of MM users complain about the same part of the drone.

I will be following this thread to see what happens. I don't think DJI would design a case that would harm the propellers.. I am taking care of this little buddy better than myself
Update: I've just replaced the rear propellers. Will try flying today and post here again.

2020-7-17
Use props
djiuser_pKsx18LXNpJT
New

Italy

Zam722 Posted at 6-21 02:24
I have the same problem at the exact same place. It cannot be a coincidence and the ONLY error identified is LEFT REAR. One more thing, when I hold the silver ring covering the motor, left rear is hot compared to the other three propeller.

I have the same error. Rear left motor beeping! Quite annoying as its 1 month old..
2020-7-17
Use props
djiuser_pKsx18LXNpJT
New

Italy

djiuser_CQDJpUo4cf7k Posted at 7-13 18:21

I have the same issue. Decided to ignore the warning and lost altitude twice.. glad i wasn’t by the sea! I have the Mavic Case too.. it was flying perfectly these past days but since yesterday it keeps warning me that props are spinning too fast.. it’s always the rear left prop!
2020-7-17
Use props
gohigh
lvl.2
Turkey

gohigh Posted at 7-17 09:30
Hi all. My first post here and I wish I could send my first footage here but here I am because of the very same problem :/

I want to believe that it is due to a firmware error. I used my drone 3 or 4 times. I flew twice outside without crashing & any problem. Previous flights were test flights indoor with no problem too. So today I got this error. (Yesterday was my first flight outside without any error). I always use Fly More case and %99,9 sure that I don't force any propeller. I checked the propeller's surface and there is no sign of deformation & scratch. No bended propeller etc.. And I get the beep warning from the same side. Rear left side of the drone. I realised that most of MM users complain about the same part of the drone.

Update 2: After changing the rear propellers and trying a test flight, I did not get that error this time. I will try it again tomorrow and see if I face it again. I read some got the error weeks later. Hope it won't happen to me though.

My current strategy: Find a soft prop guar ASAP & put something thick underneath the gimbal protector to give the bottom propellers extra safety against pressure.

2020-7-18
Use props
Zbip57
lvl.4

Canada

Read these links!

What is causing the propeller deformation leading to Motor Speed Error warnings, and why is most often the left-rear motor?
Reason for Prop Deformation

How you can yourself determine for certain whether the Motor Speed Error warning is factual?
Hover Test plotting Motor Speeds

How to prevent further propeller deformation?
Do Not Cross Blades of Rear Motors

2020-7-18
Use props
mpwobbly
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37500 ft
Australia

mpwobbly Posted at 7-6 18:51
OK following on from my original thoughts about the problem, I have left my Mavic Mini out of the case for a few weeks just sitting on my desk. I wanted to see if the propellors were bent or mishapen if they would find their correct shape from 'memory'. I didn't want to change what looks like perfectly fine propellors.

Today I flew the Mini and got no warnings at all. I know this is not really proving anything because it may reappear on another flight but for the time being I will not put the Mini in the case and see what happens. You'd  think though that if the propellor was bent in some way that it would have given me a warning today.

Update: 19Jul2020. Just flew the MM again today without any problems at all.

As I mentioned previously I decided that I would not store the MM in the case and left it out for a couple of weeks. It worked OK and I suspected that the propellors would reform back into  shape from 'memory' if left long enough. I have not had the MM in the case since.

So, today I flew it again and had no problem again - a few weeks later on from my first post.

What I have done now though is purchase the Plastic Recharging dome and left the MM in that permanently - until I need to transport the drone for a very short period of time. I do not intend storing the MM in the case in future. So far this has worked for me - I don't relish the idea that I have to change propellors to find out if the new ones fix the issue as this gets a bit wasteful if it still continues to have a problem (as has been mentioned by more than one person on the forum).

The only problem now is I have been trying to view the DAT files from MM to check if anything might still be an issue but I cannot get the DJI Assistant 2 to connect to the MM (have deleted it and re-downloaded from DJI for Mac still won't work - not sure what I am doing wrong) and I have tried to download a CsvView reader as suggested elsewhere on the forum but can't even begin to figure that out either so deleted it.

All I know is that it is flying without an error message and that is the best I can accomplish at this stage.
2020-7-18
Use props
lukeduke007
New
United States

has any body tried the good ol' fashioned scientific method and intentionally warp another motors props to the point of visible detection and then see if they are still only getting the error on the left rear motor???
2020-7-19
Use props
speed_freakz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 569852 ft
Thailand

lukeduke007 Posted at 7-19 14:43
has any body tried the good ol' fashioned scientific method and intentionally warp another motors props to the point of visible detection and then see if they are still only getting the error on the left rear motor???

Actually yess. There was a post (cant remember now where) but the guy did just that, then later to the point where he trimmed the blades on 1/5th 1/3, 1/2 and no warnings, and the drone was even flying.
2020-7-19
Use props
iter8tor
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49984 ft
Romania

I've got the same message after 1 hour of flight.
However, after replacing the rear left prop and flying one more time, I examined the flight log and... guess what: the rear left motor goes to 13000-14000 rpm, while others stay below 10000 rpm.
The replacement prop was taken from the Fly More package, so it's hard to believe it's already warped.
The message doesn't appear anymore, though.
2020-7-20
Use props
djiuser_qLtsYzqCKuds
New

Indonesia

I have exactly same problem today, how to fix it ?
2020-7-25
Use props
djiuser_vcBED1OdmjZs
New

United Kingdom

speed_freakz Posted at 6-9 01:27
Thanks for explanation, will check the link. Storage can't be the issue as I am taking special ultra care when and how I place my drone in the case, can bet my life on that one. What troubles me is that I posted my issue to numerous other blogs and forums and there are some people that experienced this as well, the weird thing being that all of them had problem with rear left motor? Any idea?

Was just reading through this thread and I realise my same, current problem is the rear left propeller too! Have you figured anything out for this commonality?
2020-7-25
Use props
fans24707373
New

United States

I’m getting the same error code 30128. It too is the left rear motor. I replaced the propellers and hovered for 5 minutes and I’m still get the error code.
2020-7-26
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

Zbip57 Posted at 7-18 11:51
Read these links!

Thanks for posting these and for taking your work to somewhere that matters, I enjoy seeing the feedback and discussion going on. All the hate and negative feedback to our methods weren't for nothing, now if only DJI would say or do something about this....

At this point I'm just waiting for the next FW and the release of the SDK, we can hope for the best at this point.
2020-7-26
Use props
Zbip57
lvl.4

Canada

ABeardedItalian Posted at 7-26 10:49
Thanks for posting these and for taking your work to somewhere that matters, I enjoy seeing the feedback and discussion going on. All the hate and negative feedback to our methods weren't for nothing, now if only DJI would say or do something about this....

At this point I'm just waiting for the next FW and the release of the SDK, we can hope for the best at this point.

This DJI forum is ridiculously frustrating and pointless. It's pretty obvious that nobody bothers to read anything or search through any previous posts before posting their own thoughts.

I sent those three posts, in #58 above, directly to DJI support at the end of June.  They replied, "Your feedback has been well received.  We really appreciate the time and efforts you have invested in providing these suggestions and ideas to us.  Your feedback will be definitely cascaded to the concerned team for their further review."

Of course I haven't heard anything else since then.
2020-7-26
Use props
snhrocgmail.com
lvl.1

United States

Exact issue here.. rear left motor on a barely used drone. Also use the fly more case or the DJI mavic mini carrying bag. Started popping up recently.
2020-7-27
Use props
djiuser_fPltyE930PGx
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I'm having the exact same issue with my Mavic Mini. I have DJI Care refresh and was going to return, but reading that everyone is experiencing the same issue it surely can't just be a coincidence - has anyone had any update direct from DJI? Do you think I should send it back?
Gutted as having an extension at home, and want to keep getting progress pics from above.
2020-7-28
Use props
gohigh
lvl.2
Turkey

gohigh Posted at 7-18 10:40
Update 2: After changing the rear propellers and trying a test flight, I did not get that error this time. I will try it again tomorrow and see if I face it again. I read some got the error weeks later. Hope it won't happen to me though.

My current strategy: Find a soft prop guar ASAP & put something thick underneath the gimbal protector to give the bottom propellers extra safety against pressure.

New update: Still no problems after changing the propellers & keeping my MM outside its cover while at home.
Yes so many people are having the same problem with the same motor. It seems that it is true that even a tiny propeller blend will cause this error.
An additional info: I called local DJI customer service, and here what they said:
"We recommend downgrading the firmware to prevent this error. New updates might come with errors.
Plus, the newest firmware reduces the flight range to 800m from 2km for EU users (!)"

I don't know what to say but I decided to try that range limit claim. I managed to reach 900m and did not force any further.

Hope this helps. and hey DJI are you listening?
2020-7-30
Use props
fans85d75690
New
United States

I started getting the error, left rear prop. I took the old props off and compared them with new and I can see that they are much flatter. I blame this on the case. I can see how the holder could mash the prop if they're not stored properly. New props installed we'll see if the error pops back up.
2020-8-1
Use props
djiuser_3qiGmmTITSyG
New

Canada

I have the same problem and in the same propeller.
2020-8-1
Use props
koen330mac.com
New

Belgium

Same problem. Changed all props to new. Same problem. Please update the firmware. This is useless
2020-8-2
Use props
djiuser_pYimEfIFUMX0
New

United States

On my 6th flight in 8 days of ownership.  No damage what so ever.  Same message as above regarding "Propellers rotating too fast".  DJI where you at?
2020-8-6
Use props
fans81d38b4b
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have also had this problem on my first flight after having it back from dji repaired
2020-8-7
Use props
Shvelle
lvl.1

Canada

Add me to the list of 'updated firmware, now getting props spinning too fast error on left rear'.  
If the props really are deforming this easily from storage, then DJI needs to address this.  The customer shouldn't have to purchase & install new props before every flight.
2020-8-7
Use props
fans81d38b4b
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Having my drone back after repair the left motet saying going to fast but did dji repair not test the MM before shipping back to me saying it’s fixed????
2020-8-8
Use props
mpwobbly
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37500 ft
Australia

mpwobbly Posted at 7-6 18:51
OK following on from my original thoughts about the problem, I have left my Mavic Mini out of the case for a few weeks just sitting on my desk. I wanted to see if the propellors were bent or mishapen if they would find their correct shape from 'memory'. I didn't want to change what looks like perfectly fine propellors.

Today I flew the Mini and got no warnings at all. I know this is not really proving anything because it may reappear on another flight but for the time being I will not put the Mini in the case and see what happens. You'd  think though that if the propellor was bent in some way that it would have given me a warning today.
As I originally posted that the problem everyone is having happened to me.

After leaving the MM out of the case now for many weeks the problem seems to have been fixed. I didn't change the propellers. I purchased the charging dome that looks like a Marijuana Terrarium and keep it stored in that (not used for weed I don't smoke). No problem since.

The case is for me is not for storage anymore only for transportation of MM.
2020-8-8
Use props
geoanders
New

Canada

I had the same issue as well. Replaced props and re calibrated. Let the drone hover for a bit and all is swell. No errors now. Hopefully it stays that way. Going to leave the drone outside the case now just in case it's actually impacting the props.
2020-8-21
Use props
Pete Smith
New

United States

I got the warning too, but it seems that all 4 motors are beeping, I only flew it 3 times and didn't crash or do anything that would have damaged or deformed the props smh I'm starting to regret this purchase already
2020-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules