ESC Beeping (Code:30128) and Propeller rotating too fast error
162478 168 2020-6-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pete Smith
New

United States

I got the warning too, but it seems that all 4 motors are beeping, I only flew it 3 times and didn't crash or do anything that would have damaged or deformed the props smh I'm starting to regret this purchase already
2020-8-21
Use props
Pete Smith
New

United States

Ok I flew it again and this time it was only the right rear I don't know what is going on it flies perfect, just a warning comes up
2020-8-21
Use props
The Duck
lvl.4
United States

Pete Smith Posted at 8-21 17:40
Ok I flew it again and this time it was only the right rear I don't know what is going on it flies perfect, just a warning comes up

The warnings will go away after a while.  Just keep flying it.  Are you using the Fly More case?  That might be the problem.

My experience with the problem/error:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=221136
2020-8-22
Use props
Pete Smith
New

United States

The Duck Posted at 8-22 06:15
The warnings will go away after a while.  Just keep flying it.  Are you using the Fly More case?  That might be the problem.

My experience with the problem/error:

I was using the fly more case, I will store it out of the case from now on and only use the case for transport and I just changed the rear props for new ones I will fly it again today and see if I still get the warning, fingers crossed I don't
2020-8-23
Use props
djiuser_wstuWehdNLRw
New
Flight distance : 464728 ft
Czechia

Hi @Dji, when can we expect you to repair this bug related to propellers? I can’t fly my Mini at all, the error “propellers rotating too fast” pops out straight after I take off, despite the fact that all propellers were changed before. Thank you
2020-8-27
Use props
finchisko
lvl.2
Slovakia

I've switched the back left propellers (which mini was indicating as bent), with front right. And on next flight, the error occurred on front right. So the warning seems to be legit and not a firmware bug to me. For those who replaced propellers from back to front and no error was displayed, try again on windy day. I guess the error may not popup when mini is not confronted with strong wind.

Anyway, it's unfortunate, but I have to change the back left propellers  like crazy, like almost every second flight. I suspect, that it doesn't like my backpacking style, when I take mini to my hike trips.

I suspect the bending occurs when I keep the battery in the drone, when I'm done recording. So maybe battery adds to this premature bending of propellers, because of added weight causing pressure on the rear propellers. Now I would be testing that theory. I would remove battery after each flight, before I put mini into the case.
2020-8-29
Use props
finchisko
lvl.2
Slovakia

Replaced propellers yesterday and after one flight it's ESC error again. With this rate of propellers lasting period, I would turn broke soon.
2020-8-31
Use props
gort
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I have a similar issue, but only seems to happen in s mode...again the left rear
Screenshot_20200831_190357_dji.go.v5.jpg
2020-8-31
Use props
djiuser_kQPMOflHksf6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 207497 ft
Hungary

Hi

I'm very new in the world of Drone.

I use my Mini only around 2 hours but this message appeared me after only 50 mins of usage.

Dear DJI,
How is it possible?
It is not in flymore combo but it has a very soft bag.

The rear left prop is like new, like the others. Should I change it to the new spare one and should I buy a new one after 2 hours of flying?
I reinstalled the FW after the first occurance of the 30128 error message I thought it will solve the problem but seems not.
Now the "prop too fast" and ESC beeping comes in every single usage of the Mini.

Is it because of the firmware?
Why almost all of the users with this error code have this kind of problem with the rear left prop?

Thank You very much for your reply in Advance.

Regards Laci
2020-9-2
Use props
finchisko
lvl.2
Slovakia

djiuser_kQPMOflHksf6 Posted at 9-2 11:58
Hi

I'm very new in the world of Drone.

from my experience, it's not firmware issue, but really bent propellers, due inproper storage and soft materials propellers are made of. it's barely visible, but when you put new pair next to old, you wil see that old ones are "flatten" and new are bit curved in upwards direction on their ends. So far I'm forced to change propellers almost every second flight, since cannot find way how to store mavic mini in the bag correctly without damaging propellers. It's always the rear left.
2020-9-2
Use props
Zbip57
lvl.4

Canada

Have you read the links I posted on the previous page, post #58?

forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=217610&page=2#pid2219582

Does that theory make any sense as to what's causing the rear propeller blade deformation?
2020-9-3
Use props
Lacam1983
lvl.1
Flight distance : 207497 ft
Hungary

finchisko Posted at 9-2 12:41
from my experience, it's not firmware issue, but really bent propellers, due inproper storage and soft materials propellers are made of. it's barely visible, but when you put new pair next to old, you wil see that old ones are "flatten" and new are bit curved in upwards direction on their ends. So far I'm forced to change propellers almost every second flight, since cannot find way how to store mavic mini in the bag correctly without damaging propellers. It's always the rear left.

Thank You for Your lines.
I'll try to change the props.
2020-9-4
Use props
djiuser_7JUP2s20SEDC
New

United States

tTownTom Posted at 6-9 02:12
I have just started getting the same error message (thus finding this thread..)
Like you, the error is pointing to the left rear motor. If I reboot the drone the error sometimes does not appear again, and then it will reappear another day..

Same for me. Left rear warning. No obvious damage no other issues. Stored in case.
2020-9-4
Use props
dronographer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17970003 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Same issue here, rear left motor ESC beeping even after replacing all props. I swapped with front right motor and the same issue with rear left motor. No issues with front right with same props. Is this a manufacturing defect? This one time the rear left motor stopped for a seond as I saw the mini tilted to left suddenly.
2020-9-5
Use props
maxime_
New
Thailand

New mavic mini and got same issue just after installing the update 1.1.8
I don't think my propeller is bent in any way.
2020-9-20
Use props
phillipgleedya
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I think we need to return the goods as faulty to force DJI to sort this.  If it's the flymore container that's faulty, we need to demand a working replacement. Btw I obviously have the same problem with no apparent cause.
2020-9-21
Use props
djiuser_EZOXc03NdAaP
New
Flight distance : 160246 ft
Canada

Same darn issue and always the same pro, back left one... Sound like a firmware glitch to me. I notice it strugling a bit flying when I get the message, my props sre new condition looking, changed them anyways and still same issue...
2020-9-27
Use props
djiuser_EZOXc03NdAaP
New
Flight distance : 160246 ft
Canada

Same darn issue and always the same pro, back left one... Sound like a firmware glitch to me. I notice it strugling a bit flying when I get the message, my props sre new condition looking, changed them anyways and still same issue...
2020-9-27
Use props
Chris R Sanderson
New

Canada

Both my Mav Mini's are doing this and I will double check ,but i believe it's the same esc on both. The rear left.

Could this be a common problem?
2020-10-2
Use props
bmars69
lvl.1
Flight distance : 181427 ft
United States

I also am having the same issue since the update... Left Rear most of the time. Happens only occasionally  though.. When with this be corrected
2020-10-10
Use props
Donut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

I’m thinking we have two problems here. They may have tightened the firm ware a little to be more sensitive to rpms.
Also the flymore case is causing the blades to bend a little changing the blade pitch.
I have see other posts where the case was bending them because the blades turned when placing the mini in the case.
When I inspect my blades I look for deformed blades. I also lightly feel the blades lightly with my finger and if I feel any burr or bump I lightly remove the distortion or burr with a emerald nail file. The ones that look like a popsicle stick. I know I’ll get some feed back on this.
Doug
2020-10-10
Use props
djiuser_nkvSKo9hYPpL
New

Australia

I am very upset about my Mini. Its barely 1month old and even after changing the props, still get the ESC left propeller rotating too fast.
2020-10-11
Use props
thisBob
lvl.1
Flight distance : 499 ft
Czechia

I too have this same problem also on left rear.  I hadn't flown it in 6 weeks and it was stored in the case.
2020-10-17
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Must be a firmware issue. I had it happen today as well Left Rear as everyone else.

Has anyone wondered about modifying the flymore case
2020-10-18
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have read this entire thread and also some videos and I have an alternative theory.

Firstly I am a very experienced drone pilot and RC Pilot and have many drones. I have the Mini with the flymore case and I keep it in the case.

Today I have the motor speed issue for the first time and I did feel that the drone was making more noise than I was used to. I also did the hover for 5 mins thing but have never replaced the props.

I then put in a different battery and had a flight. All was well and no warning.

I then looked at the firmware in my 3 batteries and noticed that the one I was flying with when I got the error had its firmware up to date.

The one I flew with where I did not get the issue and also I felt the drone was quieter  with had out of date battery firmware. Now I think one of the battery firmware updates allowed more power to the drone. So that made me think....

I am charging the updated (battery I had the issue with now and will give it a flight and report back).

Either way this has been an issue for a while and no general firmware update in ages
2020-10-18
Use props
#WoOkieE#
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48035 ft
United Arab Emirates

I had been storing the Drone after i received from DJI in its bag for 6 months of bad weather and COVID Lockdown ..now i tried to fly today and i had exact issue , Propellers Rotate too fast , ESC Beeping , LEFT REAR MOTOR Again , ...i read here about changing propellers so i did get brand new ones , changed as explained , ..within 3 mins i get same exact error ...this is really frustrating initially the drone was faulty and crashed and now this ESC Error ....i wonder when will i be able to fly this drone for good .. !
2020-10-20
Use props
Zed_Br
lvl.4
Flight distance : 168727 ft
Brazil

Bigplumbs Posted at 10-18 02:05
I have read this entire thread and also some videos and I have an alternative theory.

Firstly I am a very experienced drone pilot and RC Pilot and have many drones. I have the Mini with the flymore case and I keep it in the case.

Could you please inform the firmware # of the your battery that you faced the issue?
So people who are facing the same can compare with their batteries.
2020-10-20
Use props
djiuser_zrdpn83aoX22
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_BRclrN5aqg6F Posted at 6-22 18:37
I have the same problem with the left rear prop being the issue, despite replacing the prop for a new one I'll be going back to the old software..

How can I do that (go back to previous software)?
2020-10-27
Use props
Donut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

Mine has been flying fine since I got it with no problems.   I found one of my screws quite loose. Any idea what I can use on the screws as a locktite . Wondering if what is used for automotive is to strong.
My blades are bent upward but flys fine.
Doug
2020-10-27
Use props
SuP3R1oR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 92457 ft
Thailand

I have the same issue after not using drone for a while and updating to new firmware. I replaced propeller and it is  still happening. Did anyone found a fix?
2020-11-3
Use props
djiuser_QxsDaHyWoLpR
lvl.1

United States

My mini doing the same thing.. keep getting the prop apinning to fast error everytime.. like 3 min into flight. I come back home re-start the drone and then works fine no message again.. my props are new im thinking has to be something in the update. Never had problems before.
2020-11-24
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There has been much on this. It seems that the update introduced the new ability to give this message but the problem seems to be the Flymore case putting pressure on the props in the folded position.

Many people in the early days lost their drone in water because it did un uncontrolled decent because of this issue. If you get the message about speed to high this is not one to ignor
2020-11-24
Use props
Jerzu
New

Poland

djiuser_pKsx18LXNpJT Posted at 7-17 13:01
I have the same issue. Decided to ignore the warning and lost altitude twice.. glad i wasn’t by the sea! I have the Mavic Case too.. it was flying perfectly these past days but since yesterday it keeps warning me that props are spinning too fast.. it’s always the rear left prop!

Had exactly the same problem - I have changed the propellers and updated the firmware on all batteries (as I heard it was somehow related) but the error continues (same motor, rear left!) Finally I decided to igonre the error and continue flying. Most of the times all is OK but sometimes - just sometimes - the drone looses altitude suddenly.

It already bumped into the ground twice because of that, luckily, from low altitude and on a soft ground so it basically rebounced without any apparent damage... but I lost ALL TRUST in that drone now :-(
2020-11-28
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

Jerzu Posted at 11-28 04:14
Had exactly the same problem - I have changed the propellers and updated the firmware on all batteries (as I heard it was somehow related) but the error continues (same motor, rear left!) Finally I decided to igonre the error and continue flying. Most of the times all is OK but sometimes - just sometimes - the drone looses altitude suddenly.

It already bumped into the ground twice because of that, luckily, from low altitude and on a soft ground so it basically rebounced without any apparent damage... but I lost ALL TRUST in that drone now :-(

Did you use the repalcement set that came with the drone? I would buy new props and repleace them again, if after using new props and not the replacement props the issue still reamins you will need to send the drone in for repair but 90% of the time it's a bad set of props.

If you would like to know for sure the props are casuing the issue you can follow the instructions located here: How to check for prop wear (pg8 for additional instructions) I would suggest performing a short hover test, review the dat file, check the rpm of the Front Right and the Rear Left, once you have some numbers swap the Front Right with the Rear Left and perform a hover test again. If the Front Right rpm numbers don't change and the Rear Left still reports higher rpm then the issue is something with the mini and not the props.

2020-11-28
Use props
djiuser_2v1146PsQcCo
New

United Kingdom

New Mini arrived from Amazon yesterday, first test flight today ~ 15 metre hover in the garden ESC Beeping / Propeller rotating to fast error (rear left prop) Motor pulsating on landing. Not a great start..
2020-12-5
Use props
djiuser_Ogu4LtRoVxUe
New

United States

Hi everyone! Just got a repair quote for my mini. Had propeller warning and strong wind led to uncontrolled descent into a tree. Thankfully some scuff to the body and lost all propellers. Changed all the propellers yet still had propeller spinning to fast so decided to send it in. What surprised me was that after they analyzing all my flight data and my videos, the repair quote replaced the esc module. Thankfully they covered it under refresh. I will report if this fixed the issue. I did order a new set of propellers  just in case I need to swap that out again from not properly storing. Read through this whole thread and learned a lot. Won’t be storing in my fly more case. Unless the propeller holders help in protecting them. I did order them to see if they help.  By the way, was there ever a new firmware update for the mini? Last I flew was October and did have the latest one.  
2020-12-14
Use props
Darkcam02
New

Australia

slup Posted at 6-8 08:04
That error message you see there came with the last FW update for the Mini ... it mainly warns you that the prop on the beeping arm are revving faster then it should to sustain lift due to a deformation of the different prop angles (leading & trail edges) which can be hard to spot directly, can perhaps be seen if you compare the old prop with a brand new.

This with a prop revving to fast (especially for the rear props, where it mostly happens) ... perhaps up near max speed, mean that the Mini first will have a hard time if not impossible to reach the correct pitch angle down (affecting the heading speed), then eventually they can't sustain lift anymore & the Mini goes down = the dreaded "uncommanded descent" phenomenon the Mini have suffered from in month without any comment from DJI before this FW update.
Does the "Flysafe - Update required" warning that i have come up in my DJI FLY app have anything to do with this ESC warning? I've had it showing for a couple of weeks but hasn't updated it yet.
I'm also having the same ESC warning coming up with the left rear motor twitching when the motors have come to a stop. Currently changing the props on that wing to see if it fixes the problem. It showed up earlier when i went to fly. But when i just had a fly it was 10 minutes into the flight before it came up again
2020-12-23
Use props
djiuser_fY2xq4eU64YZ
New
Flight distance : 412526 ft

Sweden

Same for me as of today, rear left motor error message after not flying in a couple of weeks. Kept the AC in the Fly More case, this seems to be what causes so many bent props on the left rear. Any comments from Dji on this?

/Henrik
2021-1-16
Use props
Mavic Nagy
New
Flight distance : 133317 ft
United States

I've got that same problem, and, like the rest, it's the rear left beeping. Strange...
2021-1-24
Use props
djiuser_aBV0iRkTOIlT
New

United States

Hey everyone. I kept having the same issues with ESC prop warnings. I would land my drone and change the prop that it was saying was bad and the problem would go away for the rest of the day. But every time I would get my drone out of the case and attempt to fly i would get the warning again and sometimes it would be a different set of props. Well I finally found my issue today! I had been storing my drone in the case the wrong way lol. I had been folding the props in parallel with the body of the Mavic Mini. When you do this the case puts tension on all of the props and bends them just enough to cause an issue even though they all look fine. If you look closely there’s a sticker that shows us the correct way to fold it up. The props needs to be folded in facing each other and on top of one another.

If you have been storing yours the correct way then this won’t help you but if you do what I have been doing then this should solve the problem
2021-2-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules