Why so many props with MA2?
557 9 2020-6-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bob37
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260384 ft
United States

Just got my Mavic Air 2 and am excited to get it in the air.  My "old" P3A has been wonderful, but the range alone excites me.  
I have a quick question.  It came with enough blades for three complete changes (six props of each color).  Why?  Do they break?  What should I expect?  If one breaks in flight wouldn't that be catastrophic? I appreciate DJI's generosity... but things are done for a reason.

2020-6-8
Use props
Mk5_GTi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 260266 ft
United States

No, they don't break any more than any other as far as I can tell.......they just include extras in the fly more combo.  
2020-6-8
Use props
bob37
lvl.4
United States

But why?  With my P3A, the threads would wear, so i went through a bunch just because i got nervous if it felt like they were getting bad.  But that is not an issue here.  Can't wait to fly my new bird!  
2020-6-8
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

bob37 Posted at 6-8 15:21
But why?  With my P3A, the threads would wear, so i went through a bunch just because i got nervous if it felt like they were getting bad.  But that is not an issue here.  Can't wait to fly my new bird!

APAS 3 Active track 3  lots of branches lots of props to destroy
2020-6-8
Use props
bob37
lvl.4
United States

I googled APAS Activetrack 3 because i had no idea what it was.  Oh my goodness, I have to try that.  If one half of a prop is bent, does the drone necessarily crash?  A whole prop on a P3A would of course, but can the Mavic fly with 7 blades?  
2020-6-8
Use props
Jordaneer
lvl.1

United States

bob37 Posted at 6-8 17:14
I googled APAS Activetrack 3 because i had no idea what it was.  Oh my goodness, I have to try that.  If one half of a prop is bent, does the drone necessarily crash?  A whole prop on a P3A would of course, but can the Mavic fly with 7 blades?

two things, the props are folding, so  they are less likely to break than ridgid props,

as for if a prop gets broken, I flew my Mavic Air and accidentally hit a tree and was able to land it even thougg part of the prop was broken
2020-6-8
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I did not get 3 sets of changes, just two (8 prop pairs). Did you mean 3 sets total including the ones already installed?
2020-6-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I thought it only came with 2 spare pairs.
2020-6-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi bob37, these is no reason why so many propellers included, the combo comes with 6 pairs of propellers, just in case if the propellers get broken, customers have enough to replace.
2020-6-9
Use props
mrsteveogmail.com
New
Flight distance : 23517 ft
United States

My drone came with 6 props, none of which have a white circle.  This is a mavic air 2 fly more combo.
2020-6-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules