605 5 2020-6-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Northwood
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

Hi all.

So while I was exploring the Mavic Air 2's modes out in my country field yesterday, I decided to switch the Gimbal mode from Follow to FPV.

I had seen a demo video from someone in France a few weeks back and it was pretty cool to see the banking.  But, when I switched into FPV mode, nothing changed.  The setting was definitely FPV, but despite my making lots of hard turns, the mode continued to appear to be in Follow.  I stopped and started recording, the only thing I did not try was flipping it into Sport mode too.  Once I get the chance I will try this too.  Its actually funny that this mode is available at all, seeing as goggles are not supported (yet).

Flying with the iOS 1.1.3 Fly app.  All firmware current.

Anyone have any insights on this?  Thanks in advance.

R

p.s.  I did not hyper link thos "FPV"s above, the forum software chose to do that.  Weird.

2020-6-8
Use props
Mirek L
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609724 ft
Canada

If you only yaw, you will not see any effects of FPV. You need to roll.

So, to do proper FPV-like turn you must use both left and right stick, moving in the same direction. Left stick will control your turn while, at the same time, right stick (forward and to the side) will control roll and push the AC forward. Roll causes slanted horizon in FPV mode.

Good luck.

Mirek.
2020-6-8
Use props
Northwood
lvl.4
Canada

Mirek L Posted at 6-8 17:18
If you only yaw, you will not see any effects of FPV. You need to roll.

So, to do proper FPV-like turn you must use both left and right stick, moving in the same direction. Left stick will control your turn while, at the same time, right stick (forward and to the side) will control roll and push the AC forward. Roll causes slanted horizon in FPV mode.

Ah! Thank you, I totally forgot about this... I recall now reading someone else's notes on that.  Getting old, the brain is dropping frames!  lol

Will check it out tomorrow, weather looks good for some flying!
2020-6-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Northwood. Thank you for reaching out and for the information you have shared with us. The FPV Mode for the DJI Mavic Air 2. The gimbal of the said drone synchronizes with the movement of the aircraft to provide a first-person flying experience. In addition you may try to follow the steps Mirek posted on post #2. Thank you and have a safe flight always.
2020-6-15
Use props
Northwood
lvl.4
Canada

All my flying today was cinematic so another day I will try this FPV thing.  Thanks again all.
2020-6-15
Use props
Rustic17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

I found in FPV a good technique is to put the right control stick somewhere along the line going from null stick position to 10:30 o'clock or 1:30 o'clock...that way you get both forward movement and roll.  The farther along those two lines you push the stick the faster the movement forward and the greater the bank. I'm a former fighter pilot and I can tell you it doesn't look exactly like flying but it's a whole lot closer than Follow.
2020-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules