984 10 2020-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Shootermac
lvl.2

Australia

Hi All,

MP2

With regular shooting, in 'way point' mode, you can ask it to 'curve' the points set. In POI, you can hover directly over the subject and press C1 to select the area. However, in hyper-lapse mode, you don't get these options. Am I wrong?

This occured to me as this highway, there is nothing I can select in the centre to keep a smooth arc on (photo attched I hope).

Also, how come I can't customise the shutter duration and ISO to dials like the aperature?

Thanks,

Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 10.04.15 pm.png

Example

Example
2020-6-9
Use props
kristenpaquette
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2831 ft
United States

Can't answer your question but stopping in to say GORGEOUS photo!
2020-8-6
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Same here - awesome shot
2020-8-6
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

You're correct, DJI Hyperlapse mode is of very limited features. You'll be much better employing Litchi app to program a waypoint mission with POI and smaller intervals for hyper lapse. Moreover, you can shot a sequence of RAW images and make your own hyper lapse video of astonishing image quality far exceeding the pre-cooked DJI's hyper lapse.

As for shooting parameters, I'm confused. Shot in Manual mode, you should be able to access all relevant parameters. For night photography, however, hyper lapse is a challenging task ...
2020-8-6
Use props
Shootermac
lvl.2

Australia

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 8-6 11:10
You're correct, DJI Hyperlapse mode is of very limited features. You'll be much better employing Litchi app to program a waypoint mission with POI and smaller intervals for hyper lapse. Moreover, you can shot a sequence of RAW images and make your own hyper lapse video of astonishing image quality far exceeding the pre-cooked DJI's hyper lapse.

As for shooting parameters, I'm confused. Shot in Manual mode, you should be able to access all relevant parameters. For night photography, however, hyper lapse is a challenging task ...https://vimeo.com/433527808

Some wobble at the end, did you play with After effects at all to try to stabilise?

It's frustrating as DJI has the software almost there, in fact, it has it for the video mode, how come I can't hover above my target, select it, back off and rotate like in video mode? Better still, use one battery to work out the shot, save it, and come back in ideal light to shoot it? I know you can with way-points, but that only has straight lines (and is finicky with how much camera change - don't tell me how to drive my camera DJI).

Photographers and Cinematographers are one group you don't need to pay for feedback. I'd love it if they could listen to some simple ideas they could implement to improve the time-lapse aspect.

As far as confused, the 'track subject' option only works best if the object is centre framed. Like my first example, and this stadium I tried to shoot in circular mode, there is no real centre distinctive mark - and or, loses its track when the pillar of the light tower passes in front.

I'd hate to manually shoot 200 images. Wow.

Thanks for your help.
2020-8-6
Use props
Shootermac
lvl.2

Australia

kristenpaquette Posted at 8-6 06:37
Can't answer your question but stopping in to say GORGEOUS photo!

I'm not sure if Gifs work on this site, but it was part of a time-lapse. Thanks though.

2020-8-6
Use props
kristenpaquette
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2831 ft
United States

Incredible! I'm swooning. How were you able to fly over this area? License/permit?
2020-8-7
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

There's no way to get perfectly smooth motion with hyper lapse, unless the day is super calm. Yes, I've used image stabilization with various settings. Apparently it does a great job, but only to a degree. In this example I shot approx. 500 RAW photos, converted them into TIFF and imported to PP timeline.

I'm not entirely sure I understand what are you trying to achieve with circular hyper lapse, as opposed to a simple POI mission video ramped up in post. To my knowledge no app is capable to execute hyper lapse sequence and control POI circle or arched flight simultaneously, but I may be wrong. Again, I would suggest to explore Litchi app, which is offering advanced forms of automated flights DJI is trying to mimic.
2020-8-7
Use props
Shootermac
lvl.2

Australia

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 8-7 09:13
There's no way to get perfectly smooth motion with hyper lapse, unless the day is super calm. Yes, I've used image stabilization with various settings. Apparently it does a great job, but only to a degree. In this example I shot approx. 500 RAW photos, converted them into TIFF and imported to PP timeline.

I'm not entirely sure I understand what are you trying to achieve with circular hyper lapse, as opposed to a simple POI mission video ramped up in post. To my knowledge no app is capable to execute hyper lapse sequence and control POI circle or arched flight simultaneously, but I may be wrong. Again, I would suggest to explore Litchi app, which is offering advanced forms of automated flights DJI is trying to mimic.

Thanks again Matthew.

Yes, the DJI4 app in hyperlaspe mode offers a POI mode. But in my above two samples, there's nothing to centre on to focus as such. With the video POI, you can fly over the top to mark the POI site.

Yes, I'm finding the balance of what wind speed works best (especially for bouncing buildings).

I'll try that other app. Cheers
2020-8-7
Use props
Shootermac
lvl.2

Australia

kristenpaquette Posted at 8-7 05:28
Incredible! I'm swooning. How were you able to fly over this area? License/permit?

Hi.
Thanks, I have my tickets but these are tests too. Working out the limitations of the software and flying conditions.
Cheers
2020-8-7
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Shootermac Posted at 8-7 15:11
Thanks again Matthew.

Yes, the DJI4 app in hyperlaspe mode offers a POI mode. But in my above two samples, there's nothing to centre on to focus as such. With the video POI, you can fly over the top to mark the POI site.

Oh, I know where the misunderstanding happened ... You talking about POI as determined by a tracking square, while I'm talking about GPS located point! Two different approaches. Litchi will offer a simple straight line between 2 points flight with camera tracking the POI and shooting time lapsed sequence with determined interval of 1 sec minimum. But that's it, no arched flight for hyper lapse ...
2020-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules