6896 10 2020-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ProQuad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20296870 ft
  • >>>
United States

Since I received the Mavic Air 2, I have been unable to connect to the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic.  I deleted it, then re-installed it and still no luck.  I have tried several different USB-C to USB-C, USB to USB-C cables including the SUB-C to USB-C cable the quad came with.  Contaced DJI (online support) and they told me to have the unit replaced by the factory authorized store with whom I made the purchase with.  Using a 2019 MacBook Pro with USB-C connections only, I can not even see the quad come up as a file to open pics and vids.

I was able to use an Apple USB-C to USB-C cable (1.5') and connec the RC only.  

Today June 9, 2020, after several attempts and several cables later, I was able to connect the quad to my MacBook.  I used a 10' Boxeroo braded cable (Amazon), a Satechi 5 in 1 to USB-C dongle multi-media device (purchased at Apple store).

DJI, are you able to do a future firmware update to allow for the Air 2 to connect with out a dongle?  I know others have had this same issue ( https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=215748 ) and no one seems to be able to figure this out.  Can you also explain why it would only work in the configuration that I used (noted above)?

If anyone else was able to connect to a computer for firmware updates and vision sensor calibration, can you please respond to this thread on what you did exactly to make this work?

2020-6-9
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

My Zoom connects to Assistant on my MacBook with no issues
2020-6-9
Use props
vitaly258
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1311375 ft
United Kingdom

try different cable. my cable I use for iPad Pro to RC doesn't work with macbook pro to MA2 so I use another one.
2020-6-9
Use props
GreenDayPR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 517087 ft
United States

Did you download the DJI assistant 2 for Mavic ?
2020-6-9
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe DJI Assistant software is not designed to work with tablets. Assuming proper incarnation of Assistant (for your drone) it should work flawlessly when connected to a Windows 10 or Mac desktops, preferably with solid cable Internet (not WiFi). With factory supplied USB cable it works on my not-too-smart Windows PC and on several different models of DJI drones ...
2020-6-9
Use props
ProQuad
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

GreenDayPR Posted at 6-9 16:49
Did you download the DJI assistant 2 for Mavic ?

yes, I mentioned that in the 1st feed.
2020-6-10
Use props
MisterFrag
Second Officer
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

You said you have “DJI Assistant 2”, not “DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic”.

The former is for the Mavic Pro and Mavic Air, the latter for the Mavic Air 2. DJI couldn’t have made this more confusing.

This is the software you need:
https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2-for-mavic
2020-6-10
Use props
ProQuad
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

MisterFrag Posted at 6-10 05:44
You said you have “DJI Assistant 2”, not “DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic”.

The former is for the Mavic Pro and Mavic Air, the latter for the Mavic Air 2. DJI couldn’t have made this more confusing.

You are correct,  I did not specify that but have since edited my post to reflect the "...for Mavic", and yes, I am using the assistant 2 for Mavic.
2020-6-10
Use props
rdsb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 236230 ft
France

Hello,
I'm using WIndows 10 : no problem connecting Dji Assistant2 for Mavic (V2.0.12) to my Mavic Air 2  or it's rc !
Cannot help you with MacOs.
2020-6-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there ProQuad. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. Can you please to to download the DJI Assistant 2 for the DJI Mavic Air 2 using this link ( https://www.dji.com/mavic-air-2/downloads ) on a different computer to see if the issue will still persist? In addition I will cascade this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention and evaluation. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI updates kindly please stay tuned or visit our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support and please stay safe always.
2020-6-15
Use props
DaveT1971
New

United Kingdom

Ok, so I had the exact same issues. Solved by using the official cable supplied for the remote charging etc with standard usb on one end and usb c on the other. My usb c to usb c refused to connect no matter what I tried (Mac Big Sur). Using standard usb to usb c via my hub into the usb c port on my Mac and it connected right away. I tried about 7 different usb c to usb and none of them worked.
2021-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules