How do I adjust exposure right for video
1143 3 2020-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sparkflier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 194619 ft

United States

I am a pretty experienced drone photographer.I am starting to get into videography. I know some basic cinematic movements. One thing I have a hard time with while filming videos is exposure. Unlike a picture, a video's exposure is constantly variable as you move the drone and tilt the camera. I often leave the exposure on auto so that it will adjust on its own. Is this ok? Do any of you expert videographers ever do that? If not, what are some tips and methods of properly adjusting exposure for a video?
2020-6-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you leave it on auto you will see flicking as the exposure adjusts,  match better on manual and the use of ND filters.
2020-6-10
Use props
HurleyBird Productions
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

As DAFlys mentioned above do not use auto exposure when filming. Here is a rule I usually use when flying. A partly cloudy day I will use an ND4 or 8. Full sun a 16 or 32. Overcast days I won't use a filter at all. When you start your flight hover for a bit and then make your fine adjustments to the light. If I am flying an it gets brighter then just stop flying and make any exposure adjustments until it looks good on screen or the histogram looks best.
2020-6-10
Use props
Rotor Blades
lvl.1
Flight distance : 165289 ft

United States

I shoot 2k in auto turn the right side wheel to adjust the light and dark exposure mp
2020-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules