United Kingdom

Nice tip.  
2020-6-10
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 380978 ft
United Kingdom

It's all in the manual but just as mentioned at the start of the video why don't people read it there is valuable information in there
2020-6-10
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good find.
2020-6-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BaynhamPhoto Posted at 6-10 02:52
It's all in the manual but just as mentioned at the start of the video why don't people read it there is valuable information in there

Even if they did read it, it doesn't mean they will remember.
2020-6-10
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 6-10 05:22

So watching it makes all the difference to remembering it  
2020-6-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice tip and thanks for sharing.
2020-6-10
Use props
Grumpy Monk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 245663 ft
United Kingdom

Handy to know
2020-6-10
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good ald Rick! He's a wonderful source of information over the years.
2020-6-10
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Yes, Rick always gives some good advise
2020-6-10
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

BaynhamPhoto Posted at 6-10 02:52

Yup - RTFM
2020-6-10
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Thanks Woe
2020-6-10
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

DAFlys Posted at 6-10 05:22

Everything is basically stipulated in the Manual but yet we will get rookies that just power up and fly hence these videos help most guys.
2020-6-10
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-10 06:02
Nice tip and thanks for sharing.

you welcome
2020-6-10
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

A J Posted at 6-10 10:17

I agree, he gives some good advise and tips. A lot of guys just fly without reading manual first, well I'm also the same and generally watching these videos helps information sink in. Who wants to read a book - I finished school years ago and left reading there
2020-6-10
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 6-10 11:14
I agree, he gives some good advise and tips. A lot of guys just fly without reading manual first, well I'm also the same and generally watching these videos helps information sink in. Who wants to read a book - I finished school years ago and left reading there

Hahahaha - I must be honest and say that I am a bit of a manual freak - I always read it and discover little hidden gems like gesture activation on quick shots, this dual RTH pause function, touchscreen gimbal controls, how to enable precision landing properly, etc etc - but most of it is eventually covered by the more astute you tuber in time anyway - especially Rick who will happily post a 45 minute video explaining how to turn on the battery lol. I don't think I have ever seen such an enthusiastic drone pilot as him - he truly loves flying drones! If you can fly an M2P then this will be a doddle mate!
2020-6-10
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 795653 ft
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 6-10 10:17

So is the user manual!
2020-6-10
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The manuals don't tend to go into much detail on the overall engineering of the drone or provide a visual first person perspective. Bit like this thread shows eh!... https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=216596
2020-6-10
Use props
B737ng
lvl.3
Flight distance : 297106 ft
Ireland

This a great feature, it saved me from a bang into a wall
2020-6-10
Use props
Mr. Motta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 221906 ft
United States

Almost kinda makes me want to read the manual!  : ) Almost
2020-6-10
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

You're welcome.
2020-6-10
Use props
rdsb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 236230 ft
France

Hello,

The video size is probably over 500 mb.
The service manual is only 14.3 mb, explaining Pause button and much more.

If you want a reminder, write it and add a screenshot, it will be enough :
- no need for pause button (on video of course).
- no need to search inside the video (do we need the headers of those videos)
- you can print one page, bring it with you for future use if you think you will forget how to.

is it more difficult to read ? well doing some efforts might be good for some people, it cannot hurt.
2020-6-10
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

A J Posted at 6-10 12:21
Hahahaha - I must be honest and say that I am a bit of a manual freak - I always read it and discover little hidden gems like gesture activation on quick shots, this dual RTH pause function, touchscreen gimbal controls, how to enable precision landing properly, etc etc - but most of it is eventually covered by the more astute you tuber in time anyway - especially Rick who will happily post a 45 minute video explaining how to turn on the battery lol. I don't think I have ever seen such an enthusiastic drone pilot as him - he truly loves flying drones! If you can fly an M2P then this will be a doddle mate!

Yeah Im lazy and will mostly just go for it and figure out as I go along, so far has worked well for me. Only read when I fail
2020-6-10
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

B737ng Posted at 6-10 14:18
This a great feature, it saved me from a bang into a wall

The pause button has helped many - new and experienced pilots.
2020-6-10
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Mr. Motta Posted at 6-10 19:18

2020-6-10
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 6-10 22:19
Yeah Im lazy and will mostly just go for it and figure out as I go along, so far has worked well for me. Only read when I fail

The manuals don't cover everything anyway mate - as InvisibleName 7 above shows us
2020-6-10
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

A J Posted at 6-10 22:29
The manuals don't cover everything anyway mate - as InvisibleName 7 above shows us

2020-6-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BaynhamPhoto Posted at 6-10 05:46
So watching it makes all the difference to remembering it

Maybe it acts as a reminder.
2020-6-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 6-10 11:11
Yes, Rick always gives some good advise

2020-6-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 6-10 11:12
Everything is basically stipulated in the Manual but yet we will get rookies that just power up and fly hence these videos help most guys.

Yep, and most of them don't wait for satellite lock either.
2020-6-11
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 6-10 22:29

Whilst true that is something that DJI need to address but users need to identify the issue, updating the manual after firmware changes would also help.   YT channels are not always right as recent threads highlighted and although I'd agree Rick is one of the better tubers some simply rush out content to be first online with it.  As flyers we should be familiar and be able to remember the controls of our aircraft RTFM should be the first step in doing so or as a minimum using the Academy videos DJI went to the trouble of producing.  At the end of the day each to their own what works for one might not work for another but there is a reason the manual is there.  Safe flying all.
2020-6-11
Use props
kiminx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 149032 ft
Indonesia

thx for the video!
2020-6-11
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BaynhamPhoto Posted at 6-11 00:26
Whilst true that is something that DJI need to address but users need to identify the issue, updating the manual after firmware changes would also help.   YT channels are not always right as recent threads highlighted and although I'd agree Rick is one of the better tubers some simply rush out content to be first online with it.  As flyers we should be familiar and be able to remember the controls of our aircraft RTFM should be the first step in doing so or as a minimum using the Academy videos DJI went to the trouble of producing.  At the end of the day each to their own what works for one might not work for another but there is a reason the manual is there.  Safe flying all.

Videos don't replace manuals (and nobody on this whole thread has actually stated that) but they are an alternative source of information (as are DJI's tutorial videos often found in the academy sections of their apps) and are far more fun to learn from. DJI do also regularly update their manuals which is why they have version numbers. For the record, you'll see that I've owned and flown 12 DJI drones from Sparks to Inspires 11.8 million feet over 4 years - and have never crashed outdoors. I think you may be directing your rhetoric to the wrong person. But do note that it is down to the individual to decide how they wish to learn how to fly the product they own. You may wish to sit down and read a manual for three hours before doing anything whilst others learn on the fly but it is not my position anymore than it is yours to tell people how they should learn to undertand the controls of their property. The flight is their legal responsibility and the consequences of that flight rests entirely with them so it is the pilots prerogative as to how they wish to learn. The OP (a highly experienced pilot who I have known on this forum for years and hold in high regard) has merely put up a video from one of youtubes most established drone experts for ohers to learn from - I think your reaction to this thread is very OTT.  
2020-6-11
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 6-11 04:36
Videos don't replace manuals (and nobody on this whole thread has actually stated that) but they are an alternative source of information (as are DJI's tutorial videos often found in the academy sections of their apps) and are far more fun to learn from. DJI do also regularly update their manuals which is why they have version numbers. For the record, you'll see that I've owned and flown 12 DJI drones from Sparks to Inspires 11.8 million feet over 4 years - and have never crashed outdoors. I think you may be directing your rhetoric to the wrong person. But do note that it is down to the individual to decide how they wish to learn how to fly the product they own. You may wish to sit down and read a manual for three hours before doing anything whilst others learn on the fly but it is not my position anymore than it is yours to tell people how they should learn to undertand the controls of their property. The flight is their legal responsibility and the consequences of that flight rests entirely with them so it is the pilots prerogative as to how they wish to learn. The OP (a highly experienced pilot who I have known on this forum for years and hold in high regard) has merely put up a video from one of youtubes most established drone experts for ohers to learn from - I think your reaction to this thread is very OTT.

Quote "At the end of the day each to their own what works for one might not work for another"
Quote "Rick is one of the better tubers"
Quote "should be the first step" emphasis on should not must

Comments yours, mine or otherwise are just that it's the right to free speech and opens debate, frankly your need to qualify yourself via air miles, devices and crash history is more OTT than my original remark regarding the function in question being detailed in the manual or indeed remarks about users identifying shortfall in such to DJI.  I RTFM whilst waiting the 6 days for DJI to deliver the device, I also watched some tube videos and I will again should I elect to buy the MP3 (hopefully fully EU badged) enjoy adding to you air miles safe flying and blue skies
2020-6-11
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BaynhamPhoto Posted at 6-11 08:43
Quote "At the end of the day each to their own what works for one might not work for another"
Quote "Rick is one of the better tubers"
Quote "should be the first step" emphasis on should not must

"It's all in the manual but just as mentioned at the start of the video why don't people read it there is valuable information in there"

"So watching it makes all the difference to remembering it "

"As flyers we should be familiar and be able to remember the controls of our aircraft RTFM should be the first step in doing so"

My point - yes, it will make all the difference for some. If some do not wish to read the manual then that is their decision - I'm glad you see that now! Experience speaks for itself!
2020-6-11
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mr. Motta Posted at 6-10 19:18

Hahahaha - I know what you mean.
2020-6-11
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 6-11 00:19
Maybe it acts as a reminder.

It certainly does for some mate.
2020-6-11
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 6-11 09:32
"It's all in the manual but just as mentioned at the start of the video why don't people read it there is valuable information in there"

"So watching it makes all the difference to remembering it "

I don't recall stating it wasn't a personal decision "why don't people read it" being a question and I'll re-iterate the word should not must in my last statement.  You have your interpretation of posts I have mine we'll agree to disagree and move on like adults perhaps?
2020-6-11
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BaynhamPhoto Posted at 6-11 09:49
I don't recall stating it wasn't a personal decision "why don't people read it" being a question and I'll re-iterate the word should not must in my last statement.  You have your interpretation of posts I have mine we'll agree to disagree and move on like adults perhaps?

I copied, cut and pasted your words from your replies throughout this thread - the statements are therefore factual and not a matter of interpretation.

Suren posts a video of someone showing how to use the dual RTH function on the MA2 remote to emergency pause the drone. You come in with those replies. I point out that some people learn more effectively from a visual first person perspective and that it is the individuals decision how they wish to learn - putting down your comment on RTFM... Now you have the audacity to question my maturity for doing so... Priceless!
2020-6-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 6-11 09:37
It certainly does for some mate.

2020-6-12
Use props
12Next >