• Date: 2020.06.10
  • Firmware: V2.3.1.20
  • Ronin App iOS: v1.2.8
  • Ronin App Android: v1.2.8
  • DJI Pro Assistant for Ronin (PC): v2.0.2
  • DJI Pro Assistant for Ronin (Mac): v2.0.2
  • User Manual: v1.6

What’s New?
  • Added photo capture, video recording, autofocus, and focus pull support for Fujifilm X-T4 cameras with supported X mount lenses using the Multi-Camera Control Cable (MCC-C). Requires Fujifilm X-T4 firmware v1.0 or later. To use autofocus on the Fujifilm X-T4, press halfway down on the camera control button of the gimbal. Note that the camera is unable to auto focus in video recording mode.
  • Added photo capture, video recording, autofocus, and focus pull support for Canon EOS 90D cameras with supported EF mount lenses using the Multi-Camera Control Cable (MCC-B). To use autofocus on the Canon EOS 90D, press halfway down on the camera control button of the gimbal.
  • Added photo capture, video recording, autofocus, and focus pull support for Canon EOS 70D, EOS 77D, and EOS 800D cameras with supported EF mount lenses using the Multi-Camera Control Cable (MCC-Mini). To use autofocus, press halfway down on the camera control button of the gimbal.
  • Fixed issue: Gimbal did not follow the preset path when using Track in Underslung mode.
  • Optimized gimbal performance when the deadband is set to low.

Notes:
  • Make sure that the DJI Ronin App is the latest version when updating the firmware.
  • Make sure Ronin-S is powered off and update the firmware through the DJI Pro Assistant for Ronin by connecting the USB-C port on Ronin-S to your computer. Do not disconnect the gimbal from the computer while updating.
  • After the update is complete, unplug the USB-C cable from Ronin-S and proceed to power on the gimbal.
  • If Ronin-S has a camera attached and is turned on while updating the firmware, make sure to protect the camera and lens as the motors will shut off during the update.
  • If the firmware update fails, restart the Ronin-S and retry.

2020-6-10
Use props
Stanley James
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

"Optimized gimbal performance when the deadband is set to low" - Will this in any way help it return to center after a pan?
2020-6-10
Use props
Malfius
lvl.2
Flight distance : 141017 ft
United Kingdom

Updated and using my Canon 90D. Happy days
2020-6-10
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Woohoo!  Full Canon 90D support!
2020-6-10
Use props
Adrian Rios Pro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 588914 ft
  • >>>
Colombia

A probar mi 90D!!!
2020-6-10
Use props
Dansss
lvl.4
Israel

Still no support for Nikon, This is just disappointing. Waiting half a year for the next firmware update, and every time i am disappointed.  Not cool DJI
2020-6-10
Use props
JP LEE
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Dansss Posted at 6-10 23:59
Still no support for Nikon, This is just disappointing. Waiting half a year for the next firmware update, and every time i am disappointed.  Not cool DJI

Exactly. DJI launched the Ronin S stating that it was fully compatible with the Nikon D5. It's isn't.
2020-6-12
Use props
JP LEE
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi DJI. Any chance you could honour the promise that the Ronin is fully compatible with the Nikon D5? It isn't - you can't control aperture / ISO at all when using the MCC-B cable. It effectively locks all functionality on the camera. Many of us have complained about this contradiction in your compatibility list but you never reply?!?
2020-6-12
Use props
JP LEE
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi DJI. Any chance you could honour the promise that the Ronin is fully compatible with the Nikon D5? It isn't - you can't control aperture / ISO at all when using the MCC-B cable. It effectively locks all functionality on the camera. Many of us have complained about this contradiction in your compatibility list but you never reply?!?
2020-6-12
Use props
pierceal
lvl.2

United States

Many of us are still waiting on support for the Blackmagic Pocket 4K/6K. USB PTP was enabled on the cameras in October. Why is this taking so long?
2020-6-12
Use props
scarum
lvl.1
Netherlands

I just noticed something I'm not sure was there in a previous firmware. When I double click the M button, the camera turns into a sideways flashlight posture. The joystick no longer works. What's this for? What does it do? Anybody? Double clicking M again returns the Ronin to normal.
2020-6-13
Use props
MilkyP
New
United States

scarum Posted at 6-13 06:06
I just noticed something I'm not sure was there in a previous firmware. When I double click the M button, the camera turns into a sideways flashlight posture. The joystick no longer works. What's this for? What does it do? Anybody? Double clicking M again returns the Ronin to normal.

I think its to shoot in portrait mode. For mobile phone content.
2020-6-16
Use props
MilkyP
New
United States

Stanley James Posted at 6-10 02:27
"Optimized gimbal performance when the deadband is set to low" - Will this in any way help it return to center after a pan?

I would like to know this as well.
2020-6-16
Use props
Indio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

and again NO fullsupport for BMPCC pocket 4k/6k   :- (
2020-6-19
Use props
TheFly67
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8087 ft

Belgium

Is it so difficult so Live View mode works with Nikon D5300/D3300
2020-6-25
Use props
Lonesome Crow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 406076 ft
  • >>>
United States

Still use mine Ronin S with a the Canon 80D and having great results.
2020-6-28
Use props
Ironsharpener
New

United States

I would hope that soon DJI would have a fix and a cable for the Nikon D7200. My guess is that they no longer care. They got my money so C-ya.
2020-6-29
Use props
Mariano 72
lvl.2
Argentina

Hello, With this update can I connect my Canon rebel T7i  camera?  And how?  Thank you
2020-7-6
Use props
djiuser_kb0wPj3RogLe
New
United States

I am encountering a problem with my Ronin S and can’t figure out how to solve it. I have a Canon 70D and I am using the correct cable that goes in front of the grip sensor. I updated my Ronin Firmware and ever since my shutter button on the grip won’t work with my camera. My 70D is set to the 2 second remote setting as it should be but my shutter button still won’t work... any suggestions? Thank you
2020-7-12
Use props
StUDJI2000
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

scarum Posted at 6-13 06:06

For taking vertical video/photos
2020-7-13
Use props
poowl7
lvl.1

Germany

Hi all,

I saw that the Canon EOS 70D is finally compatible with the DJI Ronin S. Woop Woop!
Unfortunately to me it's not very clear which cable I need to connect my EOS 70D to the Ronin S. It only says I'd need a MMC-Mini Cable. Can someone please specify or send me a link to which cable I need exactly?

Thanks,
Paul
2020-7-29
Use props
J Smith
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2644 ft
Canada

Hello Can we get support on the Ronin S for the canon T8i (EOS 850D) can't unlock my innner film maker without the update the camera knows its plugged into something but just becomes unresponsive until its unplugged.
2020-7-30
Use props
jperkmr954
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1228609 ft
United States

Are any of you experincing this tilt roll axis drift that I see might be a common issue with the Ronin S? Looking to get one but trying to better understand this issue....
2020-7-31
Use props
Toto Cordoba
New

Argentina

Hello! I don't know where to ask. Sorry if it'snt here. I have a Ronin S and a SonyA7III. When I wan to create a panorama whit the app in my smartphone it works. But when i go to see the pictures in the sd card it's nothing. The process works and takes the photos but it's like don't save it. Hope you can see the messege and helpme! Thanks
2020-7-31
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

The roll axis for auto calibrate is too low.  On a next update, this needs to be cranked up a lot higher on the P-gain.
2020-8-5
Use props
Cami M
New

Argentina

Hello! I have a Ronin S, and I'm buying a Sony ZV-1. I don't see it in the compatibility list, but is it possible to mount it?
Let me know.
Thanks
2020-8-19
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cami M Posted at 8-19 09:53
Hello! I have a Ronin S, and I'm buying a Sony ZV-1. I don't see it in the compatibility list, but is it possible to mount it?
Let me know.
Thanks

They use a 3/8" threaded adapter at the bottom.  I think it's standard for all cameras unless it's extremely big then probably 1/2" or larger.

Ronin-S would be perfect, not Ronin-SC.  You want more motor power.
2020-8-23
Use props
arthurbikemad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 49954 ft
United Kingdom

So I saw the press PR for the new Ronin, though oh I've not updated my S for a while, update the FW today and BAMM, no longer works with my 1DX3, good job DJI. I've made a mental note, DO NOT buy the new Ronin, after getting the S from day one, having a shed load of issues, then for a time it worked OK, now new FW and I'm back to the start, GOD knowns what it will be like with my R5 when it arrives, seems it worked OK with the EOS R, whats with you DJI, whats so hard to keep this thing working, thank goodness I only shot my kids now, if your in production as I once was Id be cheesed off. I think I may even just sell it all, Ronon S, GPS unit, mounts, Command unit and so on. So right now it locks up the menus on my 1DX3, can not pull focus, does not trigger AF or START/STOP, just a basic gimbal at best, and a heavy one at that. Disappointing.
2020-8-28
Use props
LuxShots Films
lvl.2
United States

I have had this gimbal since it's release. It is abysmal with any Panasonic camera. USB connection constantly locks up my GH5S and my S1H. I am selling my Ronin-S and Ronin-M and will pay money to tell everyone I possibly can to stay away from every  gimbal this company makes. Did I have issues with my Ronin-M? No. But I won't support a company that have literally ruined every job I've tried shoot with it. The Ronin-S is complete garbage, and if you use Panasonic cameras with the USB connection, you WILL DEFINITELY LOCK UP YOUR CAMERA!!!
2020-9-28
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

LuxShots Films Posted at 9-28 07:20
I have had this gimbal since it's release. It is abysmal with any Panasonic camera. USB connection constantly locks up my GH5S and my S1H. I am selling my Ronin-S and Ronin-M and will pay money to tell everyone I possibly can to stay away from every  gimbal this company makes. Did I have issues with my Ronin-M? No. But I won't support a company that have literally ruined every job I've tried shoot with it. The Ronin-S is complete garbage, and if you use Panasonic cameras with the USB connection, you WILL DEFINITELY LOCK UP YOUR CAMERA!!!

Hello, we are sorry for the experiences you had with the Ronin-S. For the Panasonic GH5S, you can use the MCC-C cable to access the camera functions according to: https://www.dji.com/hk-en/support/compatibility/ronin-s/gh5s . If possible, can you please tell us more details about the issues you had?
2020-9-30
Use props
RickyBat
lvl.2
Flight distance : 317116 ft
United States

will there ever be support for the Canon EOS R5  i'm shocked one of the most  sold cameras of this year and there still no support almost 3 months later.
2020-10-7
Use props
Kanaye Shogun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 335062 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

Hello. will there be firmware for Sony A7SIII ?
2020-10-15
Use props
LuxShots Films
lvl.2
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 9-30 02:39
Hello, we are sorry for the experiences you had with the Ronin-S. For the Panasonic GH5S, you can use the MCC-C cable to access the camera functions according to: https://www.dji.com/hk-en/support/compatibility/ronin-s/gh5s . If possible, can you please tell us more details about the issues you had?

I fixed my issues. I sold that trash for half the price I paid . If it didn't sell for that, I was going to make a YouTube video showing me burning the Ronin-S in a bonfire after I beat it with a bat, and shoot it with a shotgun a few times.
2020-10-15
Use props
TheFly67
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8087 ft

Belgium

Still no support for Nikon D5300, D5500.
Is it so difficult so the d5300 live view works

Today received email
The groundbreaking stabilized mini camera is back to bring magic to your life. DJI Pocket 2

I'll never buy another DJI product. No service.

2020-10-16
Use props
dodgethis_sg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6650 ft
Singapore

Is it possible to make the power on state for the Ronin-S to be motors off? I don't want to have to put a load on the gimbal just to update firmware
2020-10-21
Use props
thejeremyricci
lvl.1

United States

I'm done with DJI.

I purchased a Ronin-S at the same time as a Canon R5. I knew the R5 wasn't supported at the time, but looking through the history for the Ronin-S, it looked like updates were fairly regular, and the camera would eventually be supported.

Imagine how surprised (read: angry) I was to find out that DJI released a newer, more expensive gimbal (the RS-2) that natively supports the Canon R5, while leaving the Ronin-S completely in the dark.

Why should I invest in future products if you clearly don't give two ...s about the consumers that buy them? Your support is a JOKE, they never respond, and you're clearly more interested in selling new products than supporting your existing customers.

Trash can company. Inexcusable.
2020-10-22
Use props
RickyBat
lvl.2
Flight distance : 317116 ft
United States

dodgethis_sg Posted at 10-21 22:41
Is it possible to make the power on state for the Ronin-S to be motors off? I don't want to have to put a load on the gimbal just to update firmware

just put the motors on standby on the top button by the joystick
2020-10-22
Use props
Bokstas
lvl.1
Lithuania

I can`t wait for your smart SLIDER release which could use some parts of your other products. So that we wouldn't need to search around.
2020-10-26
Use props
TeterekovPhotography
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1960755 ft
Bulgaria

Hello. Must do something, maybe new update, becouse Ronin S, not working with Canon R6..
2020-10-27
Use props
dodgethis_sg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6650 ft
Singapore

RickyBat Posted at 10-22 16:42
just put the motors on standby on the top button by the joystick

Before or after it turns on? When it turns on, the holder just tilts up and slams backwards really quickly and I want to avoid that
2020-11-17
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules