Mavic Pro 360 Pano problem
2610 5 2020-6-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
midguard
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28753 ft
United States

I am having some problems with the 360 pano shots. They all come out with the top 3rd of the image all blurred out. It only happens with the 360. Any ideas? DJI_0228A.jpg
2020-6-10
Use props
KDP +
lvl.4
Flight distance : 947930 ft
Belgium

Hello Midguard,

I also noticed this the last time I used the panorama 360°....

When I open the panorama pictures (they are saved in a separate folder pro panorama) in Microsoft ICE, than the panorama picture is OK.  So I think it is some software doing this (on the drone..).

Microsoft ICE is a free software you can just install on your PC for editing panoramic pictures... It's quite good.
2020-6-10
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Try stitching the pano in the Dji App
2020-6-10
Use props
JEZ2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 336204 ft
United States

Those drone can't capture straight up (or up very far at all), so it tries to fill by "creating the sky".  You can do it better on your own if you are handy with software.

Either way, they aren't really meant to be viewed "flat" like that.  If you put it in a 360 viewer, the only way you see the top 1/3rd is by "looking" up, so its not really a big deal --  normally.  The posted 360 is taken from a low vantage point, so you'll lose the top of the trees.  Normally it's just sky, so no biggie, in this case, its a little more.  Just a limitation of the gimbal having limited upward range.

Check it out in a 360 viewer though...

EDIT:  Should note that when using the pictures invidivudally in something like ICE, you don't have a true 360, because you don't have the upper portion.  It will work, and look better if you are trying to view them flat, but will not work (or have blank parts) in a real 360 viewer.  You'll need to do your own fill for the sky -- like the drone did in editing software.

2020-6-10
Use props
midguard
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28753 ft
United States

Thanks for the replies. I now have ICE. But when i went to grab the images there is only one and no panorama folder.
2020-6-10
Use props
Seattle_Scott
lvl.2
United States

As Jez2 says, the drone can't capture a full 360 (equirectangular photo). It will be missing the top area because it can't photograph straight up or though the props. Generally I've not found this to be a problem. Obviously if you were doing indoor 360 photos this wouldn't work, but outdoors, generally, there's nothing to see up there anyway.

If you really need a full 360 degree photo or video, there are 360 pano cameras that can be purchased and you can use a DJI Mount to mount it to the drone.  
Check out DJI Mounts here: https://djimounts.com/2020/06/09 ... ow-dji-mavic-air-2/

2021-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules