Mavic 2 Air - FPV Goggles Video Feed
3688 11 2020-6-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Grumpy Monk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 245663 ft
United Kingdom

Hello,I know currently the Mavic 2 Air is not compatible with DJI Goggles which is a massive shame! however I would really like to experiance flight through goggles instead of having to use a phone/tablet as the primary display.
Is it possible to connect a Ipad (7th Gen) or my phone display directly to a set of goggles (Not DJI) so I can view the video feed?
I understand that I would not have the flight control options that are available with DJI Goggles but just the video feed would be fine.

Any help or advise would be appreciated.

2020-6-10
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry to say no. Maybe with a tablet that has an HDMI output.
2020-6-10
Use props
Grumpy Monk
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Could I not use a lightning - HDMI adapter, Would it then be possible?
2020-6-11
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Grumpy Monk Posted at 6-11 00:07
Could I not use a lightning - HDMI adapter, Would it then be possible?

No,

You need a tablet / phone that connects to the controller via the included cable with the controller and a seperate port from the SmartDevice with a HDMI output. So at least 2 seperate independent ports. USB and HDMI.

I have been using a CrystalSky that has multiple ports with my Mavic Air 1 and the DJI goggles connected with a HDMI cable.

Unfortunately this no longer works as the CrystalSky is a 16 bit Android version and DJI Fly is a 32 Bit application.

So you have 2 choices.

Wait till the SmartContoller support for the Air 2 is available.
Buy a 32 bit android equivalent to the CrystalSky.

Cheers
2020-6-11
Use props
Grumpy Monk
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Or hope that DJI Googles are supported by the Mavic Air 2 in the near future!
2020-6-11
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Grumpy Monk Posted at 6-11 03:10
Or hope that DJI Googles are supported by the Mavic Air 2 in the near future!

They have advised that they will not support them. They may change but unlikely I think.

It would also only be the RE if they do change their mind.

Using the SC should work fine with White and Black RE goggles.
2020-6-11
Use props
Grumpy Monk
lvl.2
United Kingdom

bjr981s Posted at 6-11 03:23
They have advised that they will not support them. They may change but unlikely I think.

It would also only be the RE if they do change their mind.

"Using the SC should work fine with White and Black RE goggles."

Can you go into this configuration in more detail? What would I need to buy to get this running now or am I missing your point?

Thanks
2020-6-11
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Grumpy Monk Posted at 6-11 04:06
"Using the SC should work fine with White and Black RE goggles."

Can you go into this configuration in more detail? What would I need to buy to get this running now or am I missing your point?

The DJI SmartController is currently not supporting the Mavic Air 2.
DJI have committed to make the SmartController work with the Air 2. They will not give an ETA. (P4P V2 was 12 Months)
The DJI SmartController has an HDMI output port.
Any device that has a HDMI input Port will work with the SmartController.
Both DJI Goggles have HDMI input ports.

You need a SC, DJI Goggles, and an Air 2. and appropriate cables. But will only work when DJI releases the update for Air 2 support for the SmartController.

Cheers
2020-6-13
Use props
Grumpy Monk
lvl.2
United Kingdom

bjr981s Posted at 6-13 07:17
The DJI SmartController is currently not supporting the Mavic Air 2.
DJI have committed to make the SmartController work with the Air 2. They will not give an ETA. (P4P V2 was 12 Months)
The DJI SmartController has an HDMI output port.

Thank you for the clarification it has helped.
2020-6-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Grumpy Monk. Thank you for reaching out and I am sorry the the DJI Mavic Air 2 is not compatible with the DJI Goggles as of the moment. I hope that you can get the best information from our DJI co pilots with regards to this inquiry. Thank you.
2020-6-16
Use props
fansc904141a
lvl.1

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-16 00:10
Hello there Grumpy Monk. Thank you for reaching out and I am sorry the the DJI Mavic Air 2 is not compatible with the DJI Goggles as of the moment. I hope that you can get the best information from our DJI co pilots with regards to this inquiry. Thank you.

Mavic Air 2 firmware has been released the supports the Smart Controller...SO I chatted with DJI to confirm flying with the goggles hdmi IN connected to the Smart Controller hdmi OUT would really work.  DJI was clear they would NOT confirm this either way.  He said I could try it myself.

IF SOMEONE HAS THE MA2 & SMART CONTROLLER & GOGGLES PLEASE GIVE THIS A TRY AND LET US KNOW BECAUSE DJI REFUSES TO DO SO OR DJI DOES NOT HAVE ANY GOGGLES LEFT
2020-10-22
Use props
djiuser_ERdGhEaxiOpn
lvl.1

Australia

You can download  the litchi  app it cost me about $35 aus few years ago not sure what it is now. Become a test pilot on the sign up and you can then get a set of cheap vr goggles that you put your phone in go to settings on the app turn on fpv and you have a goggle experience. Not the same as the high def goggles but pretty good
2022-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules