DJI Care Refresh international shipping and voiding if drone is opened?
1451 3 2020-6-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Victor Lin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16182838 ft
  • >>>
Laos

Hello,

I bought my Mavic Air in Australia and now I'm stuck in the country of Laos because of COVID-19.

I have purchased DJI Care Refresh with it.

My drone wouldn't fly due to an error message:

"Processor chip critically overheated. The aircraft will power off in 30 seconds."

The internal cooling fan does not spin up anymore, so there is something wrong with the fan, possibly dust build-up or a loose wire. I have a few questions:

- Since I'm in Laos, can I ship the drone back to Australia for service under DJI Care Refresh, and can DJI ship the repaired drone back to me to an address in Laos?

- Can DJI Care Refresh do a cross-ship? You can charge my credit card for a new drone, immediately ship out a new replacement drone to Laos so I can get it ASAP, and then refund my credit card when you receive my broken drone.

- Will DJI Care Refresh be voided if I open up the drone to try and fix the fan by blowing out dust and debris and reconnecting any loose wires? I only need to unscrew two screws to remove the top cover to access the fan. It would be much faster than waiting for DJI Care Refresh to ship to Laos.

Thank you!
Screenshot_20200610-174156.jpg
2020-6-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Victor Lin, we apologize to read the trouble with Mavic Air, unfortunately, we only provide the free return label within Australia, if you would like to send back the drone from Laos to Australia, you will need to shoulder the shipping and tax fee from Laos to Australia. We do not provide the cross-ship currently.
It is not recommended to repair/open up the drone, the damage caused by modifications that are not in accordance with DJI official instructions will not be covered by DJI Care Refresh service. We are sorry about this situation, hope we could do more.
2020-6-10
Use props
Victor Lin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16182838 ft
  • >>>
Laos

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-10 20:20
Hi Victor Lin, we apologize to read the trouble with Mavic Air, unfortunately, we only provide the free return label within Australia, if you would like to send back the drone from Laos to Australia, you will need to shoulder the shipping and tax fee from Laos to Australia. We do not provide the cross-ship currently.
It is not recommended to repair/open up the drone, the damage caused by modifications that are not in accordance with DJI official instructions will not be covered by DJI Care Refresh service. We are sorry about this situation, hope we could do more.

Hi Mindy, thanks for the reply.

Will DJI ship the drone back to me in Laos?

Will my Care Refresh be voided simply by removing two screws and opening up the top shell to have a look at what might be going on?
2020-6-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Victor Lin Posted at 6-10 20:49
Hi Mindy, thanks for the reply.

Will DJI ship the drone back to me in Laos?

No, we could only ship the drone inside of Australia, we do not recommend customers to disassemble the drone. If there is any damage, the warranty and DJI Care Refresh could be affected.
2020-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules