Burst Mode Limitation
1317 1 2020-6-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Iosef
lvl.1
United States

Hello,

I just got a Osmo Action and I noticed that the Burst Mode only has three modes (3p, 5p, 7p) and they are all set to 1 second. I did a lot of research before getting the camera but somehow missed that. Compared to other popular cameras, this mode is extremely limited. For example, the GoPro Hero 8 has (pictures/seconds):

60/10, 60/6, 30/10, 30/6, 30/3, 30/1, 10/3, 10/1, 5/1, and 3/1.

Is there a reason for this? Looking into it now, I see several websites pointing that out as a flaw. For example, "Overall, the burst mode (or drive mode) options on the Osmo Action are  surprisingly limited, especially considering that fast-moving action is  such a common thing to use an action camera like this for."

What does everybody else think about this? I am thinking of returning the camera since I use Burst mode so much. This seems like the kind of thing that could be addressed in a firmware update but I am surprised to see it hasn't happened. Other than that, love the Osmo Action.

Thanks,
Iosef

2020-6-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Iosef. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing your insights with regards to this matter for the DJI Osmo Action. I will cascade this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention and evaluation. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI updates on the DJI Osmo Action and on the DJI Mimo application. Kindly please stay tuned or visit our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you.
2020-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules